Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Harrow's finest.

Kerry Dixon.

Saturday,myself and approximately 100 others attended an evening with one our greatest goalscorers at a social club in Ruislip,West London and a good time was had by all.

He spoke honestly about Bates, Speedo etc and heaped plenty of praise on our fans from back in the day and also gave us the full story regarding his fall from grace.

A pleasure to have been there along with probably 75+ Chels,mainly from Harrow and the local area and good to see so many old faces.

Well done all involved.

Boyne, erskblue, Backbiter and 4 others like this

Plenty of time spent on the Q and A section.

Gambling seems to have been the start but was helped by the club especially The chairman,who he sort of saw as a father figure.He was asked if he was contradicting what he'd said in his book about Bates but gave the perfect answer saying every son has had a row with his dad.

He intimated he'd been the victim of a set up by someone when he received an early morning visit from OB looking for the usual which was a waste of his and their time saying " you can come to your own conclusions".

The incident in the Nags head pub was him being pushed too far and he reacted probably like we might have done too but he wasn't on top form at the time.

Obviously he's got a DVD and book to promote but he was good value and mixed with everyone posing for photos,talking about the bust ups with teammates and opposition,(great story about Alan McDonald,QPR centre back)and his and the teams awareness of what was going on off the pitch at Brighton,seeing us all over Highbury on that opening day, Friday night at City etc.

He's now back doing some hospitality at SB and getting on with his life so good luck to him.Back in the 80's he gave us some of the best times we ever had as fans and regardless of recent times  he should be remembered for that.

He seemed a bit embarrassed when someone called him King Kerry but that's what he was at the time with a goal tally worthy of any top striker.

4 hours ago, Harrow's finest. said:

Plenty of time spent on the Q and A section.

Gambling seems to have been the start but was helped by the club especially The chairman,who he sort of saw as a father figure.He was asked if he was contradicting what he'd said in his book about Bates but gave the perfect answer saying every son has had a row with his dad.

He intimated he'd been the victim of a set up by someone when he received an early morning visit from OB looking for the usual which was a waste of his and their time saying " you can come to your own conclusions".

The incident in the Nags head pub was him being pushed too far and he reacted probably like we might have done too but he wasn't on top form at the time.

Obviously he's got a DVD and book to promote but he was good value and mixed with everyone posing for photos,talking about the bust ups with teammates and opposition,(great story about Alan McDonald,QPR centre back)and his and the teams awareness of what was going on off the pitch at Brighton,seeing us all over Highbury on that opening day, Friday night at City etc.

He's now back doing some hospitality at SB and getting on with his life so good luck to him.Back in the 80's he gave us some of the best times we ever had as fans and regardless of recent times  he should be remembered for that.

He seemed a bit embarrassed when someone called him King Kerry but that's what he was at the time with a goal tally worthy of any top striker.

King Kerry and the rest of the mid 80's team, plus our away following made you proud to be Chelsea, definately put a swagger into my teenage years!!! " Boys in blue division two"

Backbiter and erskblue like this

Cheers Harrow's finest for the update – good read and glad you had a goodnight

King Kerry is spot on , for the goal at  Highbury alone

I remember being at the Bridge for a Alex Stewart's testimonial  or some sort of charity cricket game.

The only parts of the ground open were the west stand lower and the east lower so we are all sitting  there in the west lower ,one Sunday chatting about this that and nothing at all watching the cricket at the  Bridge ( I missed the one in the 80’s when Botham played) when all of a sudden I spot Kerry in his full whites and cricket pads come up the tunnel and sit in the home dug out.

I have no idea what came over me but all of a sudden I got up and went off without a word to my mates and proceeded to walk left across the west stand ,past the odd lazing steward  in the MHL ,down the front of  the east stand  and I plonked by arse down in the dugout next to a rather surprised Kerry Dixon . Bless him he was a good as gold ,we had a chat, he signed my programme and I said cheers ,wished him all the best ,got up and made my way back to my mates

The bloke is a Legend

3 hours ago, F1905 said:

Cheers Harrow's finest for the update – good read and glad you had a goodnight

King Kerry is spot on , for the goal at  Highbury alone

I remember being at the Bridge for a Alex Stewart's testimonial  or some sort of charity cricket game.

The only parts of the ground open were the west stand lower and the east lower so we are all sitting  there in the west lower ,one Sunday chatting about this that and nothing at all watching the cricket at the  Bridge ( I missed the one in the 80’s when Botham played) when all of a sudden I spot Kerry in his full whites and cricket pads come up the tunnel and sit in the home dug out.

I have no idea what came over me but all of a sudden I got up and went off without a word to my mates and proceeded to walk left across the west stand ,past the odd lazing steward  in the MHL ,down the front of  the east stand  and I plonked by arse down in the dugout next to a rather surprised Kerry Dixon . Bless him he was a good as gold ,we had a chat, he signed my programme and I said cheers ,wished him all the best ,got up and made my way back to my mates

The bloke is a Legend

I played in a charity match at the bridge years ago and my manger for the day was Johnny H and the other managed by King Kerry. I met him after but think he was not at his best but still spoke and had pictures taken. A legend. Johnny H was top notch. Signed my shirt. We had a good long conversation. Bloody hero's. Good luck Kerry.

Maidstone Blue and erskblue like this

Cheers RIchard P for the  Man U away footage ,that was my first time at Old Trafford ,I think I have done over 60 different away grounds with CFC but to be honest that night at Old Trafford was the only real time I have ever come up the steps and into a ground for the first time and gone wow impressive ! Old Trafford mid week under lights ,packed Stratford end etc was something special to be fair. The fact we had 1000's up there was just typical of our superb support and to nick it with a last minute winner made it all the more special. 

The old shudder watching that footage was seeing Darren Wood running around like a headless chicken ,heh Ho he did his bit I guess ?!?!  

erskblue and Boyne like this

thought one more Kerry strike wouldn’t hurt! Can’t believe the kit, went to selling our own brand!! The Chelsea collection, didn’t like it and was a year i didn’t buy the kit. Track suits were rank as well. Thankfully we changed to Umbro 87/88.

Edited by Richard P
Spelling
Strider6003 likes this