Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
ZippyNW

Most hated opposition

Back as a youngster in the late 70's and early 80's, I didn't mind to much Liverpool or spurs as to be fair you had to admire the great Liverpool teams and spurs with hoddle and co were exciting on their day, but when I first went to the bridge in 83, I suddenly realised the hatred for spurs we had. At the time though I preferred them to Arsenal. My parents I remember as a kid always hated Leeds. The utd teams of the 90's and early 2000's again irritated me but you had to admire them. Where I am at present though is two teams that I despise and have total hatred for there players, board and poncy fans are spurs and Liverpool, no teams come anywhere near, Arsenal I just laugh at, their team, manager, board and there hooray Henry scarf waving replica shirt brigade fans, united are creeping up there though with the "bitter one in charge" best of all though is whether it's dippers, y*ds, arsenal or utd we know that we get right up their noses and I love it!!! "f**k em all, f**k em all"

For me it usually varies depending on who's fans are the most obnoxious and unbearable at the time, i even had a brief dislike for West Brom when there fans acted all holier than thou after that admittedly non penalty that saved us a point vs them.

As for who i would least like to see win the league, Liverpool and Spurs, made me want to throw up when i thought it was actually going to happen for both in 2014 and 2016 respectively. Hail to Ba, Gayle, Hazard and Pulis.

Edited by Argo
EmeraldBlue likes this

Always the London lot first: Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal. Some of the elders would also include Millwall and Leeds.

The hate for Liverpool and United is more of a new thing and came to be when Roman took over.

Edited by TristanCFC

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:06, EmeraldBlue said:

Corinthian Casuals

I spent a season playing for Casuals. Many years later I got awarded a spot of community service, which freakily enough entailed me painting the barriers and helping out the groundsman pre- season.

EmeraldBlue likes this

Leeds, if they hadn't turned in to a joke and become irrelevant, otherwise Spurs. The rivalry with Liverpool doesn't seem quite as intense, not as much as it was when we had Jose and they had Rafa, whilst our rivalry with United has deepened. 

nominator likes this

I spent a season playing for Casuals. Many years later I got awarded a spot of community service, which freakily enough entailed me painting the barriers and helping out the groundsman pre- season.

I didn't really mean it. I went to see the Casuals when I lived in London. We had a conversation with one of the players while the match was going on - he was a bit surprised by our passionate support. Happy days.

7 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’d like to nominate Crystal Palace because we rarely bother to turn up against them and I have to put up with their bloody supporters at work acting like they’re Real Madrid twice a season. 

How does that work? As we have beaten them atleast once a season since they have came up.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

How does that work? As we have beaten them atleast once a season since they have came up.

I constantly hear about the times the beat us or take a point so it seems like it always happens :slap_face:

Argo likes this

Still the same since 1967. Tottenham. Come back in a thousand years will still be Tottenham. 

My dad's 82 now and he would still happily roll round on the floor with a gobby  Tottenham chav. Go on dad. Bite him.

Edited by just