Leon Bailey

Sant1ago
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

11 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Hope this is not happening - don't want to see the new Raheem Sterling playing for Chelsea. this kid's goals record is totally unimpressive and this is the Bundesliga we are talking about. 8 goals for Genk, 9 goals for Leverkuzen? Really?

Better than 1 goal every 3 games last season. Not bad for a 20 year old winger.

39 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Hope this is not happening - don't want to see the new Raheem Sterling playing for Chelsea. this kid's goals record is totally unimpressive and this is the Bundesliga we are talking about. 8 goals for Genk, 9 goals for Leverkuzen? Really?

12 goals for Leverkusen you mean. Also, he actually knows how to kick a football cleanly, something Sterling often looks incapable of doing.

39 minutes ago, Michael said:

9 in 38 games at 20 years of age isn't that bad for a winger.  Are you expecting Messi type numbers from him or something?

Thats about the going rate for wingers, and pretty good for a young player. For example its better than Sane was doing for Schalke before City signed him, and he then only got 10 last season for city when he everyone was raving about him. 

2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Dont know anything avout this kid, but If hes goibg to turn out like Sterling Id love to have him. 

4 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours today that a Premier League club, possibly Chelsea, have bid £45m for Bailey. 

Getting Willian's replacement lined up perhaps? 

Where did you hear that? not seen anything myself. 

Only seen his YouTube highlights but he looks quite exciting, like a young bale, with that pace and left foot. 

7 minutes ago, big blue said:

Where did you hear that? not seen anything myself. 

Only seen his YouTube highlights but he looks quite exciting, like a young bale, with that pace and left foot. 

It’s a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter but no one particularly reliable is running with it yet. We’ve had a long standing interest in Bailey so although the rumour is flimsy at best I thought the player worth a mention at least cause if we do sell Willian you’ve got to think Bailey is someone we’d be looking to bring in. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It’s a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter but no one particularly reliable is running with it yet. We’ve had a long standing interest in Bailey so although the rumour is flimsy at best I thought the player worth a mention at least cause if we do sell Willian you’ve got to think Bailey is someone we’d be looking to bring in. 

I've heard we interested a couple of months ago, not sure how much truth there is in it, but I read that it is a very complicated deal, due to Bailey's dad wanting funding,or a partnership between chelsea, and his football academy in Jamaica. 

He would be a good signing I think, even if Willian stays, although I'm not if we could afford to have them both. 

Edited by big blue

9 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Lol this is the Bundesliga? You say that like it's Holland

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

This is currently my favourite thread on the forum, its amazing to see how one person could get so much wrong ha ha....

It's like one of the stupid quiz shows where you have to get every question wrong to win the top prize, :laugh2: