Sign in to follow this  
Ewell CFC

Your Alltime Rubbish Chelsea Team

Good shouts with Veron, Gronkjaer and Zenden. 

Veron was a lazy sod IMO, Gronkjaer got everyone exited when he had a blinder against Man U early on, then got progressively worse; like a lot of speed merchants he could be brainless- used to open his legs just for the sake of it and end up either offside or crashing into a hotdog stall on the Fulham Road.

Zenden was hot and cold and like a lot of left footed players incredibly one sided ( does it just seem that way, or are left footed players more one footed than right footed players?) He did get picked for the Dutch National team when he wasn't starting for us which confused the bollox off everyone.

Despite the shortcomings of the above, they were in no way as bad as some of fellas who turned out for us during the dark years. It was kind of understandable that when the club were really skint and we had to rely on home grown "talent", that quite often they'd get shown up, but to me the most annoying ones were the likes of Sutton and Fleck, who whilst costing  lumpy transfer fees were total tosh with us, and decent with clubs before and after.

You definitely can't win them all!

Edited by Ewell CFC

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’d have to put Florent Malouda in there. Signed to replace Robben and apart from the madness of the 09/10 Carlo league win he was largely pants. 

Was good the following season as well and had a better goal return than most of our wingers in recent memory. 

On 22/12/2017 at 12:08, Ernie_blue said:

Paul Furlong was useless, Erland Johnsen would be in there with Bogarde, i thought Newton was bad but he was better than Mikel.

Erland Johnsen won player of the year in 95 and was very solid for us on occasions. 

Edited by Floyd25

10 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Jürgen Macho, Del Horno, Ben Haim, Djilobodji, Boulahrouz, Jokanović, Veron, Jarošík, Benayoun, Pizarro, Pato.

A bit harsh picking someone who never even played for the first team. If you're picking him I'll nominate Paul McShane.

4 hours ago, Backbiter said:

A bit harsh picking someone who never even played for the first team. If you're picking him I'll nominate Paul McShane.

You could do, but he was never contracted to us. Probably is a bit harsh on behalf, I mainly did it to see if anyone even remembered him lol.

4 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Maybe not rubbish but liabilities: Babayaro (penalty against Barca) and Melchiot (gone fishing but his long legs saved him a few times!)

Defiantly agree about Babayaro. He had a Frank Sinclair moment in him. 

Edited by Famous CFC

Falcao not been mentioned yet. 

Forgot about him. Scoring goals for fun in the French League currently.

It's nice to see him regain a bit of form.

What a striker he was in his prime.

Torres

Sutton

Kezman

Pizarro

Falcao

Pato

... Loads of strikers who flopped.

7 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I was a fan of Mutu before he went off the rails. Could have been a brilliant player for the club if he’d kept his nose clean...

Yeah I remember him too and thought he started really well at the Bridge just such a shame how it all turned out.