Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta

Football Manager 2018

I have. I tend to pick the game up every other year now, rather than every year.

Started a game as Hampton and Richmond (I lived in Hampton for 7 years as a kid, not knowing anything about the local club). Trying to take them from Vanarama South to the Premier League. Season 1 started well, was 2nd after 15 games, but it's all turned to sh*t. Haven't won a league game in 7. I literally don't know how to fix the team.

The match engine is infuriating. I'm regularly faced with my players running towards the ball, and then stopping, allowing the opposition to take it, swing a long ball to a striker, who has no defender watching him, so he runs and scores. Happening again and again. I mean, one goal I conceded, was a defender under no pressure at all, doing a backpass to the goalkeeper. It was directed well, but the goalkeeper was inexplicably not even watching the play...he was facing the stand behind the goal, and the ball just rolled in the net.

I don't know how to change my tactics for my players being genuine idiots.

I tried the demo. Didn’t even get to a match before quitting and uninstalling. 

I find it all too over complicated now (due to having to basically sell the same game every year and make it ‘new’). 

I still play FM10, the last one I think before it all went a bit silly. 

RIP Mourinho likes this

I buy it every year and rack up around 300 - 400 hours each year.

It's got a few new touches on last year but if you aren't a big fan, a cheaper fm2017 will do the job.

I love it, but that's probably because the only other FM i played was 16 and 18 was refreshing for me :). If anyone is up for some multiplayer game that would be fun!

I think my second season at Hampton and Richmond, might actually see me clinch the Vanarama South title and head to the National. Fingers crossed, because I don't want to go through play-offs. Too much of a lottery.

Still struggling away in the relegation zone. Eveyr time I manage to win, the bar stewards above me win as well. Had a few quality young players, but they throw their toys out of the pram when a big club offers for them and I have to sell them. One of the pricks just did it to me with 4 days to go in the Jan transfer window, turning the squad against me, threatening to make my life difficult. When we're in the middle of a relegation battle. c**t.

Might as well accept one of the job offers I'm always getting, at this stage.

Edited by Zeta

One game to go. Could not be tighter at the bottom. It all comes down to Hitchin vs Barrow, and I have to hope Grimsby lose against Stevenage (a local rival of my side).

Suffice to say if we go down, it's because we couldn't score in a brothel.

Untitled.thumb.png.03ccea7ca791ad69c212d6f4953332d8.png

lukecfc likes this

Well we got relegated, Grimsby lost 1-3 but we lost 0-3. Thousands over the wage budget in the conference now, can't get rid of players, can't re-build the squad, losing every game again, can't score. Losing interest in the game now :laugh2:

Anyone with FM2017 want to try one of those online games? I'm not sure how they work, but willing to give it a go.

On 30/12/2017 at 17:20, Chelsbear said:

Changed days from champ.

I still play FM05 with a 2018 patch, cant get into these new ones.

Id love to play FM05 again, are you playing on windows? I have it on windows 10 and i can install it but when i click to play it doesn't even load i get nothing.

I have bought the new one and its ok, Match engine is pretty terrible though. I have never really got into the news ones i still been playing FM08 the last few years.