Norwich Vs Chelsea (FA) Sat Jan 6th 2018 17:30 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just underlines who are key players in the squad are now and how average we look when they are not playing.

Courtois, Azpi, Christensen, Kante, Fab and of course Hazard. That's why they start as often as they do.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Why do we persist with such defensive players in games we are expected to dominate in ? Zappacosta, Luiz, Rudiger, Cahill, Kenedy, Drinkwater, Bakayoko.......was there really any need for so many defensive minded players today ? We basically had 3 players in attack and none of them were on their A game.

Glad someone else agrees. This one is on Conte. 

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

9 changes why?

Formation change too.

Just asking for trouble.

We had enough time before Arsenal and now we have fixture congestion when we did not need it.

It will be interesting to hear Conte's explanation.

"Weeee errrr play a lot of games, for sure, theee errrr season is tough, my players are good, for sure, and weeee will do better at Stamford Bridge" 

6 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

OK - you tell me one thing, just one, that Kdb did playing for Chelsea that hinted at how good he might get to be in the future. (I've asked this many, many times before and am yet to get an answer) Just one.  Don't even need a youtube of it, just a description, a newspaper comment, a post in this forum, anything, something.  Go on, let's not rewrite history, let's just review historical fact.

Ffs its not about looking into crystal ball and looking years down the line. Its whether KDB was giving a fair chance at that point in his career and he clearly wasnt, i have not read, heard anywhere even Chelsea fans say he was given a fair chance. I have only seen you write this rubbish. You are making things up, no one was expecting the current KDB to suddenly exist within a month of playing constant first term football under a manager who believed in him, a manager who accused him of crying in training and apparently from what KDB said was making things up. Now i don't know if its true or not but its fact Mourinho can dislike players quickly, fact he can fallout with players and it has been shown in many many examples at different. 

Your talking about looking into a crystal ball, every fan i know believes KDB was never given a fair chance and its pretty obvious to see. 

It was the poorest match I've ever seen. How can the subs be this poor against a Championship side.

I hope not one of the players playing today complain about lack of game time. Only Willian and Rudiger did anything resembling an average performance.

1 minute ago, TomCFC85 said:

"Weeee errrr play a lot of games, for sure, theee errrr season is tough, my players are good, for sure, and weeee will do better at Stamford Bridge" 

Haha, papering over his cocks up, remember we went early out of the Cup last season under Conte.

That was disappointing, especially what I saw from Bats. I've suspected for a long time that he isn't good enough but I still always hope to see him prove me wrong.

Clearly, if Conte persists in never picking a player, it's because he knows a lot more about the player's readiness than we do

2 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Also I want to say I was never convicted of match fixing, also I had never poked a cancer patient in the eye. Thank you

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

Conte has to take some of the blame but you will get jumped on for saying it. He didn't look up for it and obviously the players was even less interested.

Why would you get jumped for it?

The first 10 minutes of the game showed that the players on the pitch today didn't care. 

11 minutes ago, charierre said:

Most of us saw this in his performance in the ties against Juve last year and said NO. One wonders what our scouts saw.

Totally agree. He was being asked to play a different role at Monaco. Protect the back 4 and let Fabinho get forward. He is actually being asked to contribute offensively with us and he just doesn't have it (yet??).  

If we may criticise Batshuayi for his lack of movement today he received next to no service. That was more than a little down to Bakayoko and Drinkwater being hopeless in midfield. 

This is a guy on the loan train for me come the end of the year. Be very careful buying players from France on big money on the back of one season.

This is a squad that still needs major work. A glimmer of hope provided by the injection of energy from the young lads Musonda and Sterling at the end. 

6 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Glad someone else agrees. This one is on Conte. 

Once Barkley is fit, i think i wouldn't mind us going back to 4-5-1. It won't happen, but we have the players for it now, the midfield is full of options and players suited to the role. If we could sign someone like Mahrez too then i think that takes us to a different level. We are stagnating in this 3-4-3 / 3-5-1-1 formation.