Andy Carroll - Football has gone mad

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

I think I am well in the majority on here when I say this is a real head scratcher. I was actually on board with pursuing Llorente in the summer. Thought his style would be interchangeable with Morata. We passed on him because he was 32. Well, Llorente at 32 much better than Carroll at 29, but neither moves the needle much I am afraid.

Gosh, why not sign Fernando Torres again? What's the difference? Where is Samuel E'to these days? How about Falcao? Loic Remy? Demba Ba? 

Or better yet, perhaps we should have retained Lukaku, Salah and DeBruyne instead of rushing them all out the door?

I can live we selling the likes of Salah, etc but when compounded by some of low level signings, it makes it hard to take.

Andy Carroll? Really?

Come on you Chels, you can do better!!

Is he? looking at his stats this season, Llorente has only scored once in 13 apps and andy carroll has 2 goals in 12 apps. however, batshuayi has same as carroll and shouldn't be sent out imo.

Need to get a new song for Andy to make him feel welcome  if he signs. Maybe this would work:

"Andy Carroll, why did you sign for us, 

we don't want you, because you suck".

The end. 

Edited by Odiddy

Andy Carroll isn't as bad as some folk are making out but I just don't see him as a fit for our club and his injury record is horrendous.

And how could West Ham agree to a Loan deal? Would it be a first for a club with aspirations of top 4 & CL, loaning a player from a side battling to avoid relegation?

3 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Sky Sports update: "West Ham would listen to offers of £20m for Andy Carroll, but up to now there has been no Chelsea bid and no official approach, Sky Sports News understands. " So where is this rubbish coming from?

In this era of fake news anything is possible.

I think we will almost certainly sign another striker if Michy leaves. Perhaps we have sounded out West Ham informally for Carroll as one of the potential replacements. I'm not convinced there has been any more contact beyond that.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

Is he? looking at his stats this season, Llorente has only scored once in 13 apps and andy carroll has 2 goals in 12 apps. however, batshuayi has same as carroll and shouldn't be sent out imo.

If he had remained at Swansea and saw more minutes, probably would have been just fine. Tottenham have not used him much.

Regardless, the fact there is any discussion on our boards as to who is better, Carroll or Llorente, says everything about where we are at this point. Kind of depressing at the moment really.

Come on you Chelsea!!

Chelsea only want a loan deal for Andy Carroll, will not pay the £20m fee. 

Batshuayi not keen on going to West Ham - wants Sevilla - terms agreed as stated before.

West Ham still may loan Carroll. But Boakye and Benteke remain other options as it stands.

Simon Phillips

At least we’re not signing him permanently!

42 minutes ago, JM7 said:

“Whispers from Italy that Chelsea could be in for Edin Dzeko this window.

More when I get it...”

Simon Phillips. 

Much better rumour!

I’d be shocked if our board go after a 31 year old. I think he’d be a fantastic second option though and push morata to improve for a few years

16 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

I’d be shocked if our board go after a 31 year old. I think he’d be a fantastic second option though and push morata to improve for a few years

Now that is a signing I would be quite happy with. Double roma deal? Loan them Batman  and kenedy or baba in return?