Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

dkw

Welcome Ross Barkley

He is a midfielder with an ability to score goals, he should've played yesterday. He's hungry, he's looking to prove himself and looking back to play after all his injuries.

Conte should use him to the next game, Kante and Bakayoko are holding the midfield, Hazard - Barkley and Giroud are doing the attacking business. 

Never was looking for us to sign him, but he's already our player and we must use him, maybe we got a real deal here.

Seems he is as frustrating for Chelsea as he was at Everton. Has potential but he's coming in to his prime.

Their is a talent but he always makes the wrong decsion.

Never found his right position.

Can be a second striker as knows where the goal is but not intelligent enough to read the game.

Good tackler but his passing game needs upping

Box to box midfielder and Will take the game by the scruff of the neck rushing forward with the ball, but final pass will let him down

Let's wait and see what Sarri can do with him. He's got the talent.
He had his best football under Martinez who let him play.

Koeman was too defensive

9 hours ago, bluescouser said:

Seems he is as frustrating for Chelsea as he was at Everton. Has potential but he's coming in to his prime.

Their is a talent but he always makes the wrong decsion.

Never found his right position.

Can be a second striker as knows where the goal is but not intelligent enough to read the game.

Good tackler but his passing game needs upping

Box to box midfielder and Will take the game by the scruff of the neck rushing forward with the ball, but final pass will let him down

A bit early to be making that comparison, he's only played a handful of games for us. Next season will be the best time to judge him.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

A bit early to be making that comparison, he's only played a handful of games for us. Next season will be the best time to judge him.

Surely if the rumoured targets come off along with what we already have, he will spend another season as second string

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Surely if the rumoured targets come off along with what we already have, he will spend another season as second string

I don't know, i don't think Barkley is our worst midfielder at present, he's better than Bakayoko and Drinkwater. I don't think there is much between him or Loftus-Cheek either, i actually rate Barkley a little better at the moment. Even if he is second string next season, i would still expect him to get more game time than last season. I wouldn't be surprised if he played less than 100 minutes of football for us last season.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know, i don't think Barkley is our worst midfielder at present, he's better than Bakayoko and Drinkwater. I don't think there is much between him or Loftus-Cheek either, i actually rate Barkley a little better at the moment. Even if he is second string next season, i would still expect him to get more game time than last season. I wouldn't be surprised if he played less than 100 minutes of football for us last season.

I’m actually inclined to agree with you here Scott.  However, due to the fact that RLC is 2 years younger with roughly the same injury history, I’d prefer we have him the game time.

9 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I’m actually inclined to agree with you here Scott.  However, due to the fact that RLC is 2 years younger with roughly the same injury history, I’d prefer we have him the game time.

Maybe we could fit them both in. I'm still unsure where Loftus-Cheek's best position is.

If Sarri does arrive, it's likely we will play with 3 midfielders. So if he goes with Loftus-Cheek, will he play next to Kante, or push up a bit and support the wingers and striker? I like the idea of Loftus Cheek playing slightly deeper, i've seen him run from deep for Crystal Palace, the guy eats up yards in seconds, it reminds me of the way Yaya Toure and Patrick Viera could just drive forward so easily. But at the same time, i have doubts about his defensive work and intensity. He may have the ability to play next to Kante, but i'm not sure if he will play at the tempo needed to play that role. The thing is, i don't see Loftus-Cheek as an attacking midfielder. I think he's a good passer of the ball, but i don't think he picks out enough clever through balls or gets enough shots on goal to play the role. I think this is where Barkley slightly has the edge on him and why i would prefer him in that role over Loftus-Cheek.

Finding somewhere to fit Loftus-Cheek will be the biggest ask. If we bring in another CM who is good at the defensive side of the game and can contribute to the attack, then i don't know how things will go with Loftus-Cheek and Barkley.

Posted (edited)

I think Barkley and Loftus Cheek will both be staying next season but will be competing against each other for one of those CM positions as i expect us to pay 433. Kante will always play, i expect Fabregas to play alot plus it looks likely we will sign Seri. I don't want either of RLC or Barkley playing out wide.

Edited by jack_super_class

21 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Maybe we could fit them both in. I'm still unsure where Loftus-Cheek's best position is.

If Sarri does arrive, it's likely we will play with 3 midfielders. So if he goes with Loftus-Cheek, will he play next to Kante, or push up a bit and support the wingers and striker? I like the idea of Loftus Cheek playing slightly deeper, i've seen him run from deep for Crystal Palace, the guy eats up yards in seconds, it reminds me of the way Yaya Toure and Patrick Viera could just drive forward so easily. But at the same time, i have doubts about his defensive work and intensity. He may have the ability to play next to Kante, but i'm not sure if he will play at the tempo needed to play that role. The thing is, i don't see Loftus-Cheek as an attacking midfielder. I think he's a good passer of the ball, but i don't think he picks out enough clever through balls or gets enough shots on goal to play the role. I think this is where Barkley slightly has the edge on him and why i would prefer him in that role over Loftus-Cheek.

Finding somewhere to fit Loftus-Cheek will be the biggest ask. If we bring in another CM who is good at the defensive side of the game and can contribute to the attack, then i don't know how things will go with Loftus-Cheek and Barkley.

A lot of good points in there. For me RLC is a ball carrying midfielder a guy who can break the lines by dribbling past players into space. Problem with that style is you tend to give the ball away lots, so you have to have good cover in behind. Part of the reason he starts wide for Palace.

What you have wrote about loftus cheek is what evertonians said about Barkley.

28 minutes ago, bluescouser said:

What you have wrote about loftus cheek is what evertonians said about Barkley.

The difference between them for me is that Barkley had the ability to bang one in from 30 yards, something yet to be seen from RLC. If anyone should be compared to Ballack it's actually Barkley. I'm not particularly a fan of either tbh but then I have no expectations about finishing top 4 next season.

The difference between them for me is that Barkley had the ability to bang one in from 30 yards, something yet to be seen from RLC. If anyone should be compared to Ballack it's actually Barkley. I'm not particularly a fan of either tbh but then I have no expectations about finishing top 4 next season.
That is actually a good comparison. He just needs to be more intelligent off the ball and get in the right spaces

Good, bulk up strengthen for the new season

Is it just me or does Barkley look absolutely jacked in these training pictures?  Cahill must have left behind his workout regime for him while he’s away at the WC.