Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

Chelsea Vs Leicester (PL) Sat Jan 13th 2018 15:00 UK

1 minute ago, Theafonis said:

I dislike managers beholden to their favorite formations and bullsh*t philosophies. Nothing wrong with changing it up every once in a while. I thought Conte wouldn’t be afraid to change formation but he seems to be obsessed with this three at the back. Teams get stale, formations get countered, you have to progress by providing different approaches every once in a while.

We haven’t scored in over 250 minutes of football. 

Gotta change something up 

I don't think it's the 3 at the back tbh, it's the 5 man midfield, last season the 3 at the front was too much for defences to handle, now we haven't got that. Conte is afraid of the Drinkwater-Kante pivot and I don't know why, we should be playing 3 at the top again, the 5 man midfield isn't working. 

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

I disagree with your assessment of Matic. He had a solid year last year, particularly in the first half.

A good left footed box to box midfielder is worth 100m to us right now. 

Nevermind Matic, i'd take Mikel back right now to release us from the sh*tshows we are seeing from Drinkwater and especially Bakayoko.

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Poor mans Mikel, who was far superior, I'd rather we kept him. I hope Baka turns it around. 

mikel was better than bakayoko. Even on his poor days, he was tidy on the ball. 

Bakayoko just gives the ball away. 

In this formation, morata, hazard, kante, fabregas, and alonso, all look worse than they do in a 343. I appreciate fabregas and kante can be a shaky combination, but at least it puts us on the front foot. 

The extra man in midfield has no benefit. It isn't letting us dominate the midfield anyway. 

1 minute ago, Theafonis said:

I dislike managers beholden to their favorite formations and bullsh*t philosophies. Nothing wrong with changing it up every once in a while. I thought Conte wouldn’t be afraid to change formation but he seems to be obsessed with this three at the back. Teams get stale, formations get countered, you have to progress by providing different approaches every once in a while.

It's definitely a modern manager thing. They will lose their jobs before they decide to move away from a formation that doesn't work, it's crazy.

Conte did a rare thing by changing it last season and it worked wonders, but this season he doesn't seem to want to make any change.

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

I disagree with your assessment of Matic. He had a solid year last year, particularly in the first half.

A good left footed box to box midfielder is worth 100m to us right now. 

I'm not saying he wasn't solid throughout the first part of the season, but he was still lightyears behind the rest of the team. Look how good Kante, Alonso, Moses, Azpi, Luiz, Willian, Pedro, Hazard & Costa were last season, Matic and Cahill were definitely the weak links in the team and due to an upgrade. Also when we dropped off the second part of the season Matic dropped off more than everyone else. 

In the latest games we have been poor offensively but in this game we are horrible in the defence as well. And our passes...to the opponent over and over again. christense and Kante have been good. Maarez is far the best player on the pitch.

It's definitely a modern manager thing. They will lose their jobs before they decide to move away from a formation that doesn't work, it's crazy.
Conte did a rare thing by changing it last season and it worked wonders, but this season he doesn't seem to want to make any change.
As discussed in another thread, He doesn't really have the players to change. He has said he chooses the best formation to suit the squad and give it the best chance of winning. This is it.

1 minute ago, venom2011 said:
3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

As discussed in another thread, He doesn't really have the players to change. He has said he chooses the best formation to suit the squad and give it the best chance of winning. This is it.

I think we easily have the players to play 4-5-1. 

You then have Alonso in his weakest position. Moses or Azpi moving into a weaker position. And Hazard stuck out wide.

We've had plenty of chances to score in that 250 minutes, so clearly the three at the back has nothing to do with it.

Just now, venom2011 said:
1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

You then have Alonso in his weakest position. Moses or Azpi moving into a weaker position. And Hazard stuck out wide.

Azpilicueta can play fullback easily, he's done it in all but one season in his career. Alonso is the same. Alonso is having to do too much going forward, he isn't quick enough for it and he's too isolated in this system.

Just now, Slojo said:

I've never seen it this bad before, this is a record. 

What's even more crazy is that his usual hold up and dribbling play is good, just the key passes that set up any opportunity.