Dzeko the Gecko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

he is starting their game tomorrow v Sampdoria.  this is not as close as made out then....

EDIT: this is what he actually said Di Francesco

Di Francesco on whether Edin Dzeko will start tomorrow: “As things stand at the moment, he will. Obviously I'm going to have to assess things and see what frame of mind he's in. I'll speak to him about it.”

Edited by RickUK

1 hour ago, RickUK said:

that reads like the author f**king hates Dzeko.  Are we seriously suggesting the club wanted to buy Dzeko and then thought "oops he is over 30, well i thought he was younger"  come on.

The biggest sports outlets in Italy (in fact every single one almost) have the deal as a contract until 2021 on £4.5m a year.  If we balls up the Dzeko move because he is 31, that'd be unreal

Amazing that some idiot on wagnh would write that utter sh*te, thinking we would send an offer, get ite accepted then someone would pipe up to say "oh hang a minute, he`s 30, did no one notice that?"

11 minutes ago, RickUK said:

he is starting their game tomorrow v Sampdoria.  this is not as close as made out then....

Di Francesco on whether Edin Dzeko will start tomorrow: “As things stand at the moment, he will. Obviously I'm going to have to assess things and see what frame of mind he's in. I'll speak to him about it.”

He said before that until he's a Roma player he'll treat him like nothing is happening. But remember that Roma is listed on the stock market, he can't say anything until it's done. To me the deal is sealed, not closed for the agreement between Dzeko and Chelsea.

21 minutes ago, RickUK said:

You mean like how Sanchez was playing against CP until he got the call and said I'm outta here then

18 minutes ago, AudreyTruman said:

He said before that until he's a Roma player he'll treat him like nothing is happening. But remember that Roma is listed on the stock market, he can't say anything until it's done. To me the deal is sealed, not closed for the agreement between Dzeko and Chelsea.

Oh I see 

Pretty happy if we land Edin tbh, have always rated him. I actually don’t see the concern with his age because:

He has never relied on pace, just movement and instinct. He’s a true goal scorer. You don’t score 39 goals in a season by luck last year. So I think he’ll age well, like a mandzukic etc.

Gives Tammy a couple of years to develop.

It hurts to see a sh*t arsenal team sign a better player in Aubameyang, but like it or not, chelsea have committed to morata being our guy for the next 5 years. He’s young and cost a sh*t load. Just have to hope Dzeko arriving gives him a kick up the backside.

With st and lwb depth sorted, I can’t see us doing much this summer. I just wish we’d properly upgraded rwb rather than zappacosta

Just now, dansubrosa said:

Never mind Dzeko travelling to London, LOOK AT THE WEATHER. He’s able to walk around in t shirt, basking in beautiful sunshine. I’m jealous.

Yeah I know. Its 16/17c out there at the moment. UK winters go on forever. I am with you, I'm envious. 

6 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

What’s the freaking hold up?

Dzeko just making sure Morata get's benched when he takes over. He doesn't want any misunderstandings that's all. :Troll_Face:

According to the Sun, the transfer should be completed by Thursday ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5408323/edin-dzeko-chelsea-roma-done-deal-thursday/

Let's hope so. Come on Blues !!