Dzeko the Gecko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Dzeko. A player notorious for confidence issues and can probably fill half the top ten misses of the season each time all by himself! 

:] 

Still. I quite like him as a player. I did when he was at Wolfsburg at least. 

31-32. He's never been quick so 2-3 seasons out of him would be alright. Maybe even four if he's doing well and as a backup striker. 

Doesn't block younger striker's path, relieves the load on Morata... Expense the downside. Probably feels he has a bit of unfinished business in the prem. I didn't think he did as well as he could have at City. Was never really the main man and kept being bought in and out of the side...

DZEKO REPLACMENT

Roma are lining up the Villarreal duo of Nicola Sansone and Mario Gaspar as replacements for Chelsea targets Edin Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri, according to sources in Italy.

Sky sources understand that Dzeko and Palmieri are closing in on moves to Stamford Bridge, with Sky in Italy reporting that Roma are seeking a fee in excess of £45m for the pair.

Roma are preparing for life without the duo and are interested in Villarreal’s right-back Mario and forward Sansone.

yeah, i admire the club's stance on the over 30 policy, but i feel there's a time and place for it. i feel breaking it for dzeko might be the best option. i do hope the club make the correct decision and bring him to chelsea. with the absolute gash we've been linked to recently, it will be a breath of fresh air to see dzeko leading the line. 

Di Marzio reckons €50m fee plus €10m add ons is agreed with Roma for Dzeko and Emerson Palmieri but we've yet to agree personal terms with Dzeko. 

What we've offered and what he wants is apparently some way apart but you would assume we'll find a middle ground with an announcement possibly tomorrow? 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-chelsea-dzeko-non-ce-ancora-lintesa-sul-contratto-si-cerca-laccordo 

5 hours ago, Pendergast said:

Right now Dzeko and Morata are not even at the same universe. It's quite clear he's coming to become a starter. Morata will have to fight Pedro and Willian if he wants to keep his position. 

I wouldn’t say that it’s clear he’s coming to be the starter.  Morata will start all CL games, and I think PL and Cup ties will be split fairly evenly, maybe Dzeko with a slight edge there, as I think he will start all the Cup matches while splitting the PL.

Chelsea and Roma have agreed terms on a deal that will see Edin Dzeko move to Stamford Bridge, according to Sky in Italy.

Sky Sports News reported on Tuesday that the two sides were coming close to an agreement on a double deal for Dzeko and Roma left-back Emerson Palmieri, and it now appears progress has been made.

However, Chelsea are yet to reach an agreement with Dzeko's camp. It is unclear whether the issues lie over the length of the contract or the size of the wages. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11221017/chelsea-and-roma-agree-edin-dzeko-deal

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

A lot of people seem to be really excited about this deal and I wonder is it just because we are getting something new or is it genuinely because they think he’s a good match for us and just what we need.

Im not as sure about him as others, never really thought he was that special to be honest but if he comes he will strengthen the squad.