AshB

Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

12 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

I'd tell Dzeko to f**k off. 

I'd tell him to fly down here, do the medical, take the pictures and everything. Then have Giroud tell him to f**k off back to Italy.

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I can't remember seeing Giroud score a goal with his boot, plenty with his head.

Now who do you think that reminds us of!

On one hand, Giroud is a great backup for us, on the other:
This window:
City: Laporte
Liverpool: Van Dijk
Arsenal: Miki and Aubamayang
United: Sanchez
Our signings don't look as ambitious in comparison. 

3 hours ago, Zeta said:

So Arsenal have got their player. Dortmund have got theirs. What's to stop Arsenal pulling the plug on Giroud and f**king us over? Surely we should have made sure that couldn't happen, by not being the last ones to complete the deal in the triangle.

2 hours ago, abramovich said:

I don't mean to be a moaner, but why is it we're always the last to announce deals? Aubameyang is signed, so is Batshuayi, what's the holdup? It's almost like Marina is haggling with the cab driver over the fare for taking Giroud to Cobham.

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

Not to forget letting Kennedy leave before we confirmed Palmieri, anything could've happened during the medical or prior in order to prevent the signing taking place.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

We do seem to take longer than we should to sign players. In recent times it always seem's to be one out before one comes in.

We are and have usually been for the past few windows on the limit of 17 non HG players.

You guys want us to sign numbers 18/19 before having players offloaded and then get bent over by other clubs because the whole world would know our only options are to sell or have one or two players sitting around doing nothing but earning wages and dropping in value for 6 months or more?

I rather us being the ones bending others over like we are now with Giroud.

2 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

We are and have usually been for the past few windows on the limit of 17 non HG players.

You guys want us to sign numbers 18/19 before having players offloaded and then get bent over by other clubs because the whole world would know our only options are to sell or have one or two players sitting around doing nothing but earning wages and dropping in value for 6 months or more?

I rather us being the ones bending others over like we are now with Giroud.

We have 16 non homegrown players right now, so it's not like we need to get rid of players to make room for another.

I for one am excited to see him come. Yes he's getting up there in age but he can still score. In a way he reminds me of Costa, always looking to get on the end of a ball even if it's not the best service. Of course wouldn't we all lover a PEA or Sanchez as a second striker but he'll do. He's not getting a long contract so it's not like we won't go after another striker in the next 6-18months

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

£19m for a 31 year old back up that Arsenal don't even want and to help strengthen our rival. Sickening. How we have fallen as a club. 

Morata was pretty much a backup striker his whole career. He was never a main striker anywhere. The biggest club in Italy & Spain both got rid of him. Worst replacement for Diego Costa.

Giroud is a veteran. He suits our style of play rather than Arsenal.

I mean you never really know...this change from an old aging coach to a younger more vibrant Italian fella might spark him into life where he just may bag a few.........................................well here's hoping anyway.

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFanBoy said:

Morata was pretty much a backup striker his whole career. He was never a main striker anywhere. The biggest club in Italy & Spain both got rid of him. Worst replacement for Diego Costa.

Giroud is a veteran. He suits our style of play rather than Arsenal.

I'm not even sure what our style is at the moment. Pass around on the edge of the box and hope something happens? Counter attack? Give the ball to Hazard and pray? :sad: