AshB

Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

42 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

£19m for a 31 year old back up that Arsenal don't even want and to help strengthen our rival. Sickening. How we have fallen as a club. 

£19m is dirt cheap. Palace are spending £10m on a guy from a Danish club and Preston are turning down £8m for a striker with 3 Championship goals this season.

I mean name a better option rather than moaning.

1 minute ago, startedwithglenn said:

£19m is dirt cheap. Palace are spending £10m on a guy from a Danish club and Preston are turning down £8m for a striker with 3 Championship goals this season.

I mean name a better option rather than moaning.

I would rather we had not bothered. I would much rather keep Batshuayi than spend any money on a player pretty much the whole country has been laughing at over the last 6 years.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Replacing Batshuayi for a player we have been laughing at for the last 6 years.............sorry, but i can't get as excited as some on here.

I think Batshuayi is going bang them in for fun at Dortmund, come back with a load of confidence, and be a damn good striker for us.  Giroud will suffice in the meantime, and when Alvaro is fit and regains form, we will all look back at this and laugh.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I would rather we had not bothered. I would much rather keep Batshuayi than spend any money on a player pretty much the whole country has been laughing at over the last 6 years.

Agree with this, we have been extremely poor in the transfer windows for at least a few years now. All we do sign young youth players, ship them to vitesse or buy over the hill players that clubs dont really want.

When was the last time we went for (and got) a player of quality like a Sanchez or a Mahrez? I can't think of any, at least not in a long time

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Replacing Batshuayi for a player we have been laughing at for the last 6 years.............sorry, but i can't get as excited as some on here.

It's the last bit of support we can give our manager, he wanted a big forward and here he is. I am excited not by the player but hopefully by what Conte can do with him.

It also buys Morata some time to get over his grief and improve as a player, I expect Giroud to have more impact in one way or another than Michy would.

10 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

To be fair, his scoring record for Arsenal is pretty good. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Need to replace conte then. More often than not he has even picked hazard before Batman which must kill his confidence.

5 minutes ago, JJP said:

Agree with this, we have been extremely poor in the transfer windows for at least a few years now. All we do sign young youth players, ship them to vitesse or buy over the hill players that clubs dont really want.

When was the last time we went for (and got) a player of quality like a Sanchez or a Mahrez? I can't think of any, at least not in a long time

Kante. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

What are you talking about. Nobody is arguing we're signing Lewandowski here but the guy is first choice striker for one of the 3 strongest candidates to win the World Cup in a few months and the general (and correct) consensus is there isn't a better second choice striker at any top clubs in Europe.

I think a lot of you are clouding your dissatisfaction with Morata being our first choice striker with having Giroud as our second option.

17 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Granted, but Carroll, Crouch or Giroud? 

@TomCFC85 Are you pulling on our pissers? That is a photoshop?

Edit: scrap that: Done deal at 18m

Amount of abuse Marina gets on Twitter is funny, don't think they understand she's not picking targets. She's following strict guidelines and trying to get the best deal and not overpay. 

1 minute ago, startedwithglenn said:

What are you talking about. Nobody is arguing we're signing Lewandowski here but the guy is first choice striker for one of the 3 strongest candidates to win the World Cup in a few months and the general (and correct) consensus is there isn't a better second choice striker at any top clubs in Europe.

I think a lot of you are clouding your dissatisfaction with Morata being our first choice striker with having Giroud as our second option.

I agree......his stats stack up. Gives us options, Why moan about not getting the headline signings. Aubygangbang is unproved in the Premiership, its likely he'll struggle with the intensity of the game. Giroud is a proven Premiership goal scorer...great business from Chelsea !

20 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I wasn't laughing. His goal scoring record is impressive.