Olivier Giroud to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

it's odd to me because giroud is

- 31 (same age as dzeko) 

- likely on more wages than dzeko. the wages were an issue for us apparently 

- is it a loan or permanent move? talk about it being £35m (9m more than Dzeko) 

- how long will the contract be? because £35m for a 1 year deal wouldn't make sense. 

if we lose out on dzeko for £26m and pay giroud more money and offer him more than a one year contract, it would make absolutely no sense. 

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

it's odd to me because giroud is

- 31 (same age as dzeko) 

- likely on more wages than dzeko. the wages were an issue for us apparently 

- is it a loan or permanent move? talk about it being £35m (9m more than Dzeko) 

- how long will the contract be? because £35m for a 1 year deal wouldn't make sense. 

if we lose out on dzeko for £26m and pay giroud more money and offer him more than a one year contract, it would make absolutely no sense. 

It’s all going to depend on the amount we pay for Giroud, hopefully it isn’t the £35m that’s being reported.  I think a loan deal makes more sense, but also don’t like the idea of this starting the domino effect of Michy to Dortmund, PEA to Arsenal, Giroud to us.

Latest rumour. Dortmund have made Batman their primary target to replace auba. He knows this and wants the move.

Arsenal can only sign auba if the German side get a replacement. We will only let Batman go if we get a replacement. Arsenal believe this means they can fleece us and would happily let giroud come to us for a high price. Giroud would happily come to us as it keeps his wife happy.

We are now approaching arsenal for a loan deal to let all 3 players move. So far arsenal want their cake and to eat it too.

Is a gamble as we could be left with an unhappy Batman.

That sound much better. The numbers didn't add up, not with us refusing to pay for Dzeko.

I think we refused to pay his wages, not Roma’s fee.

Which is strange because Giroud is probably on a bit more than Dzeko but he’s desperate to stay in London, so he’ll most likely not getting any increase in salary.

Just now, Ledgerson said:

I think we refused to pay his wages, not Roma’s fee.

Which is strange because Giroud is probably on a bit more than Dzeko but he’s desperate to stay in London, so he’ll most likely not getting any increase in salary.

But paying an extra £10 million transfer fee is the equivalent of paying Dzeko the extra salary. I think they calculator the fee and salary as one package.  Like I said the money doesn't add up.  £15 million sound much more realistic. Hopefully Michy can get some proper game time at Dortmund and come back a much better player.

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

The worst scenario is Bats to Dortmund, Auba to Arse and we run out of time for Giroud and then well and truly fxxxd!

What's the equivalent of pre-nuptials for football player deals, we need one!

I can actually see that happening as the deals are co-dependant, in the sequence of things we would get Giroud last, imagine the disaster if we end up with Morata only!

But paying an extra £10 million transfer fee is the equivalent of paying Dzeko the extra salary. I think they calculator the fee and salary as one package.  Like I said the money doesn't add up.  £15 million sound much more realistic. Hopefully Michy can get some proper game time at Dortmund and come back a much better player.

I see. I’m not all in on how transfer works, so cheers.

But yes, still a better deal than Dzeko. :)

I will take him. His minute to goal ratio is excellent and the amount of goals he got for Arsenal coming from the bench. That may be a huge bonus for us as the season goes on plus he scores goals with his foot and head. Some top goals too.