Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Blueblur

Welcome Emerson Palmieri!

Given our current injuries and outgoing loan players you wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tonight. 

Although I think we missed the deadline for registering players for today's match? 

I am hopefully yet cynical about this one. 

13 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

I'm guessing you are kidding around. Let's be honest, if he was indeed the future greatest LWB, he wouldn't be joining Chelsea. 

Why not?

1 minute ago, Kev56 said:

Why not?

Because the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, FC Bayern and Manchester City, and maybe Manchester United would be all over him. Plus, the price for the next legendary WB wouldn't be under 20 million. 

1 hour ago, Famous CFC said:

Because the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, FC Bayern and Manchester City, and maybe Manchester United would be all over him. Plus, the price for the next legendary WB wouldn't be under 20 million. 

Real Madrid have Theo Hernandez and Marcelo as Lb´s, Barcelona have Jordi Alba, City spent a sh*t ton of money on Mendy and Delph has been good as a Lb so they dont need him.

Bayern have Alaba and Bernat, dont need him, and United have Luke shaw who has been good for them recently, so they are probably waiting to see if they will need reinforcments there or not.

Roma have problems with FFP and they desperately needed to sell someone, hence the low price. Also, feel free to check out any Roma forum or the replies to their announcement on twitter, to see how pissed they are with Emerson´s sale.

Oh, and last, but not least, he was Juventus´s first choice to replace Alex Sandro should he leave, so he is clearly a highly rated prospect by everyone who have watched him, AKA not you.

32 minutes ago, Lucashm said:

Real Madrid have Theo Hernandez and Marcelo as Lb´s, Barcelona have Jordi Alba, City spent a sh*t ton of money on Mendy and Delph has been good as a Lb so they dont need him.

Bayern have Alaba and Bernat, dont need him, and United have Luke shaw who has been good for them recently, so they are probably waiting to see if they will need reinforcments there or not.

Roma have problems with FFP and they desperately needed to sell someone, hence the low price. Also, feel free to check out any Roma forum or the replies to their announcement on twitter, to see how pissed they are with Emerson´s sale.

Oh, and last, but not least, he was Juventus´s first choice to replace Alex Sandro should he leave, so he is clearly a highly rated prospect by everyone who have watched him, AKA not you.

You guys related? Seria A is like watching paint dry. Dont need to go on Roma forums, I can get all my Italian news from you. It's like watching gazette football Italia all over again.Gooooaaaaallllllllll Lazzzzzzzziiioooooooooo 

Alba, Shaw, Delph, Bernat, Alaba, Hernandez wouldn't matter one bit, maybe even the starters at those clubs if Emerson was the best thing since slice bread. 

Edited by Famous CFC

10 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

You guys related? Seria A is like watching paint dry. Dont need to go on Roma forums, I can get all my Italian news from you. It's like watching gazette football Italia all over again.Gooooaaaaallllllllll Lazzzzzzzziiioooooooooo 

Alba, Shaw, Delph, Bernat, Alaba, Hernandez wouldn't matter one bit, maybe even the starters at those clubs if Emerson was the best thing since slice bread. 

Oh boy, not gonna waste my energy

Can definitely accelerate faster than Alonso can, while being pretty energetic and consistent. He definitely wasn't phenomenal for Roma but he did enough to avoid much criticism. 

Apparently he's more conservative going forward than Alonso - his dribbling is probably better than Alonso's but he lacks the vision to perform extravagant crosses like Alonso can and he also doesn't really shoot on goal much from what I've seen. Instead he goes for relatively safe passes. 

Glad to have reasonably capable cover at LWB, plus he probably has higher upside than Alonso does. 

I was a bit underwhelmed with him but then it's his first outing with a new team in a new league.  Several good moments but he seemed a bit uninvolved.

On the other hand with the Willian/Fab/Giroud show going on down the middle we didn't use our flanks much - at several points in the match I had forgotten Zappa was playing.

Decent start. Would have liked to see more of him going forward, seemed mostly happy to pass it sideways/backwards, but got forward on a few occasions. Suppose you can't expect too much in a first game back after a long injury. Would just be nice if we signed players who were actually fit for a change.

6 hours ago, Bloo said:

I was a bit underwhelmed with him but then it's his first outing with a new team in a new league.  Several good moments but he seemed a bit uninvolved.

On the other hand with the Willian/Fab/Giroud show going on down the middle we didn't use our flanks much - at several points in the match I had forgotten Zappa was playing.

I had this for both of them in the second half. Being in the shed I didn’t see much of them :laugh2:

On 1/30/2018 at 23:10, Famous CFC said:

Seria A looks like League One. Just walking through players. Wouldn't happen in the EPL that. Reminds me of Kenedy, but with better feet.

You are aware the player in your avatar came from the Serie A?