Conte In or Conte Out?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Conte In or Conte Out?

• Conte In
    • Conte Out
    • Conte Shake It All About

On 03/02/2018 at 22:54, Pauly said:

Dire my ass.

You can add Conte to the list of managers who have come to the EPL, used their brain, won easily in a field of unresponsive morons, and had literally half the league attempt to copy his ideas seconds after. 

You great unwashed mass voting no should thank the man for bringing a bit of culture to your otherwise miserable lives. 

Long live Conte! 

I think Conte definitely deserves credit for succeeding with the 3 at the back and winning the league with it. He's actually pioneered that formation into the Premier League entirely, now a lot of teams use it.

Mancini tried to do the same but couldn't implement it correctly, he kept dropping points. 

On 04/02/2018 at 08:07, youlots said:

What an absolute pleasure to see you posting again Pauly. I can only hope that your input may spur some of the other old posters to do likewise.

And I agree with your sentiments - cannot believe that this thread was started in the first place.

In my view, and unless we undergo some sort of terrible free-fall over the next 6 weeks, any decision concerning Conte should be made at the end of the season & only in circumstances where we fail to make the top 4/CL berths for next year. That's been the aim for this season has it not? So if he achieves that we should stick with him. It's all very well for some on here to use the fact that the Board & Owner have been unforgiving & merciless in the past when dispensing with managers (which they have to be sure) but in my view a lot of those decisions were taken in circumstances where we had a solid core of experienced older players within the squad. Now we don't & haven't for some years. Secondly, who realistically could come in at short notice who comes close to Conte's pedigree so as to ensure that we achieve the top 4? No-one comes to mind readily.

We've had a bad month football wise but don't forget that we've played a lot more games already this season than last & that we're still 3rd, still in there for the real Cup & still in the CL. And this is notwithstanding the fact that we had to continually experiment with signings this year due to a depleted squad & that we've had our fair share of injuries and, as Pauly points out, the rest of the league has, as usual with champions, had enough time to either copy what Conte has put in place or enough time to come up with countering Conte's ideas.

Some patience is required here & acceptance of the idea that over the next few years this situation is going to be the norm for us whilst the new stadium is built.

Without sounding entirely pessimistic that's still in the realms of possibility. We have some very difficult fixtures coming up and if things are as bad as people say around the dressing room then we could see more losses than wins in the next coming weeks. 

February is a massive test for Conte if he wants to be here next season, but sadly I still don't think he does. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Without sounding entirely pessimistic that's still in the realms of possibility. We have some very difficult fixtures coming up and if things are as bad as people say around the dressing room then we could see more losses than wins in the next coming weeks. 

February is a massive test for Conte if he wants to be here next season, but sadly I still don't think he does. 

Agree about Feb and all is not well it seems between Conte and the board.

Lose tonight and in the next match for me he is gone.

I don't think he will yet feel he is treading on egg-shells.

On 2/1/2018 at 20:25, JoseBlues said:

If Conte is pushed out or leaves on his own accord, I think I will finally stop being so passionate about this club. To think I finally made it to Stamford Bridge after following the team for 17 years last year.The board has their own agenda and do not back the manager. Somebody put it aptly that they expect a Ferrari for the cost of a Hyundai. It is fine being prudent with the stadium cost but at least be a little intelligent in it rather than saving pennies and nickels. There is no long term thinking at this club. I will still watch the games but my passion will definitely wane. To me, Conte is the best we can do right now. All the people looking for flavor of the month (Enrique, etc. ) will be here saying the same thing about that guy next year. These people would have wanted to fire Pep after his failure last year. 

Judging by last night, we have one Hyundai in particular that looks like it should be subject to a product recall.

Chelsea fans should be coming out and supporting Conte in droves. If he is fired, there should be protests at Stamford Bridge, enough is enough. 

He took a 10th place team and won the league. Re-invigorated the club, the players and coached with passion and energy.

KNOWING he would need more players and top quality ones to compete in all four competitions he was very clear with the club about what was required.

The club sold Matic, Costa and Oscar for a combined 150 mil pounds and brought in Bakayoko, Morata and Drinkwater for about the same total. And btw, he had every right to move on from Costa after he threatened to leave the club in January (in the middle of a league run) for China.

How exactly did they improve the squad? Where is the added quality?

City added to what they already had, United added Lukaku to a stocked striker position and then got Matic to support Pogba, Lindgard, Herrera and Mkhtariyan. Also still had Fellaini.

PSG, Barcelona are spending crazy amounts.

Conte was targeting certain types of players and was clear about wanting 3 strikers. We started the season with 2. In January we lost one and brought another in and still only have 2.

Chelsea has become a ridiculous club to manage and no respectable coach should even think about coming here. 

Lastly, I fully respect (if this is the case) the stance that Chelsea will not take part in the radical spending on players and wages and agent fees. It has become a joke. That being said, if City and United do it and Chelsea don't then we have to be (and the board) prepared to be a club that will win a league here or there and the odd CL final appearance but not on any sort of consistent basis. We are what we are. A club that will buy players, expensive players even, but won't be setting any records anymore or getting the big fish. 

Chelsea need a new stadium also, they lose extreme amounts of money every year compared to the other clubs with such a small stadium. 

15 minutes ago, Saaladin said:

Chelsea fans should be coming out and supporting Conte in droves. If he is fired, there should be protests at Stamford Bridge, enough is enough. 

He took a 10th place team and won the league. Re-invigorated the club, the players and coached with passion and energy.

KNOWING he would need more players and top quality ones to compete in all four competitions he was very clear with the club about what was required.

The club sold Matic, Costa and Oscar for a combined 150 mil pounds and brought in Bakayoko, Morata and Drinkwater for about the same total. And btw, he had every right to move on from Costa after he threatened to leave the club in January (in the middle of a league run) for China.

How exactly did they improve the squad? Where is the added quality?

City added to what they already had, United added Lukaku to a stocked striker position and then got Matic to support Pogba, Lindgard, Herrera and Mkhtariyan. Also still had Fellaini.

PSG, Barcelona are spending crazy amounts.

Conte was targeting certain types of players and was clear about wanting 3 strikers. We started the season with 2. In January we lost one and brought another in and still only have 2.

Chelsea has become a ridiculous club to manage and no respectable coach should even think about coming here. 

Lastly, I fully respect (if this is the case) the stance that Chelsea will not take part in the radical spending on players and wages and agent fees. It has become a joke. That being said, if City and United do it and Chelsea don't then we have to be (and the board) prepared to be a club that will win a league here or there and the odd CL final appearance but not on any sort of consistent basis. We are what we are. A club that will buy players, expensive players even, but won't be setting any records anymore or getting the big fish. 

Chelsea need a new stadium also, they lose extreme amounts of money every year compared to the other clubs with such a small stadium. 

Calm down, tiger.

12 Feb - West Brom (H)

16 Feb - Hull (H) FA Cup

20 Feb - Barcelona (H)

25 Feb - United (A)

4 Mar  - City (A)

10 Mar - Palace (H)

14 Mar - Barcelona (A)

17 Mar - Burnley (A)

What a run of fixtures after the next two, can't see how Conte is still in charge after this run if i'm honest because we're likely to be out of CL and top 4 before we play Burnley.

2 minutes ago, startedwithglenn said:

12 Feb - West Brom (H) draw

16 Feb - Hull (H) FA Cup win

20 Feb - Barcelona (H) loss

25 Feb - United (A) loss

4 Mar  - City (A) huge loss

10 Mar - Palace (H) draw

14 Mar - Barcelona (A) huge loss

17 Mar - Burnley (A) loss

Based on how the players are playing. Free of blame and with impunity as normal that is what I expect. 8th place here we come. Hull is a win cause I expect the likes of ampadu to play and play well lol.

Manager needs to stay until the end of the season imo, I was gutted about the result yesterday but more upset with Toni's overall demeanour, I want the proper Conte back, the maniac running along the touchline and crowd surfing when a goal was scored 

All we can do is watch as the games unfold, there is one group of people who can do something to prevent a sacking - the players; they need to put in a shift for the gaffer, tired legs or not

So according to the media and reports, the club are trying to calm the situation down. Apparently Conte isn’t in immediate danger of being sacked unless top 4 is looking unlikely. I’m amazed that he hasn’t been sacked, it felt like a Leicester 2016 moment last night.

Im hoping there has been some clear the air talks today between the players, board and Conte. Get all the crap out and focus on the important games. Our season is all about February. 

Weve got 12 PL games left, the focus needs to be on that as a ALOT hinges on us getting top 4 - income, Hazard, Tibo, new signings

I wish people would stop saying the Barcelona game will be a huge loss. Virtually impossible we lose big due to the fact we'll be getting plenty of men behind the ball and HOPEFULLY hitting them on the break. 

Wouldnt be surprised if it ends up 1-0 or 2-1 on aggregate. If Chelsea decided to go toe to toe with Barcelona, then yes I'd expect a big ass whopping. But that ain't going to happen. 

Personally I want Conte to stay but if Bakayoko starts again before a top-four place is secure - then he can leave. Because starting Bakayoko again after Monday night would just be a big 'up yours' to the board and fans.