Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Sindre said:

Again. He looked exactly how he's looked the last eight months for us.

Certainly there will have to come a point where we say enough is enough and bin him? I don't think he wants to be here even.

If he didn't cost a fortune, he would have been gone already. I remember being frustrated with Torres being a costly blunder but at least Fernando was trying. Morata looks like he's given up before the game even starts.

If you compare Agüero to morata today it's absolutley night and day. Without even getting into ability, the contrast in work rate between the 2 was unbeleivable. Aguero constantly pressing, always making runs. Morata standing up top waiting for things to happen. 

I always got told if you are having a bad game, just make sure you run yourself into the ground. 

Morata doesn't have that attitude. 

Guest Sindre
8 minutes ago, abramovich said:

If he didn't cost a fortune, he would have been gone already. I remember being frustrated with Torres being a costly blunder but at least Fernando was trying. Morata looks like he's given up before the game even starts.

Yes i know.
Another evidence of severe incompetance at board-level at this club.
I can't express how sh*t of a job i think they have done over the past several years.

I don't like critising Chelsea players, I really don't.

I know the fact he is a new dad ect but this isn't a new scenario with him, it's been the majority of his time here.

He's a costly mistake and if we don't make an effort to sign a replacement we will struggle for goals this year. 

Madrid made mugs of us I'm afraid.

45 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Please don't sell Giroud for this guy. We practically buy a world champion with decent affect on the team play for free and now we are selling him for... Morata? No, please, no.  

Giroud plays with his back to goal, won’t work in a Sarri team.

47 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

For all of Fernando's faults, the effort he put in and his despair when he failed was palpable.

Did we have 2 Fernando's, because torres was nothing like your description at all. 

I think every Chelsea player had a difficult time out there today; we were poor all over the park and understandably looked lost and out of shape on many occasions.  For all the criticism he gets Morata today wasn't given any support, and for the most part he was playing as a loan striker as the midfield spent more time chasing shadows than actually creating anything, the only chance we had was CHO who hit it straight at the keeper, apart from that nah da.  Comparing Aguero and Morata today is a stretch, when City had the ball they did something with it and created for him, we seemingly were still playing half Conte and half of what Sarri has taught us in 2 weeks and despite being a preseason it was dire to watch.  If he is still missing guilt edge or even half chances then I agree he'll have to warm the bench and it will be a long season for him. 

I didn't think he was that bad tbf, no-one - beyond the goalkeeper and Hudson-Odoi - was particularly impressive.

Switch Willian for Martial, then at least we have a world class competitor to either force Morata into reproducing his early form or benching him permanently. Want him for another season though, beneath everything he has something.

4 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Maybe I'm looking back with rose tinted glasses but was it any worse than Morata right now?

Are we over reacting?

I wouldn't say you are overreacting, because he has been terrible for a long time now, but even though he is poor, he is still not as bad as Torres. 

On way back from game, but got to say what ever his natural talent and I do question that, his head has gone, only striker I've ever see  who moves towards defenders so he doesn't have to receive the ball, confidence shot and as a club can't afford to wait for it to return if it ever will.