Jump to content




coco

Alvaro Morata


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, #Wise7 said:

Are you for real?  RM realized he needed time to evolve, like we did with Cortouis. They ended up selling him because he was tired of waiting for his turn to shine. He have had one season here, to adjust to the most powerfull league in the world. On a team that spend more time playing sideways and backwards under Conte season 2. And he had some injuries. 

Now he have adjustet, now he knows what it takes to make it in the premiereship. I expect a lot of goals and assists from him in this season. With the new style Sarry brings, he will get a lot more chances than last season. Cant wait to get startet and see him turning it around.

Like your positivity but the bloke hasn't got the character or physicality to succeed here, to put it in simple terms he is sadly just sh*t!! But as long as he's in our shirt I will get behind him, but not expect anything of any playing substance from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, #Wise7 said:

Are you for real?  RM realized he needed time to evolve, like we did with Cortouis. They ended up selling him because he was tired of waiting for his turn to shine. He have had one season here, to adjust to the most powerfull league in the world. On a team that spend more time playing sideways and backwards under Conte season 2. And he had some injuries. 

Now he have adjustet, now he knows what it takes to make it in the premiereship. I expect a lot of goals and assists from him in this season. With the new style Sarry brings, he will get a lot more chances than last season. Cant wait to get startet and see him turning it around.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, g3.7 said:

I absolutely hate this idea that you invest £60m in a player, he has a bad season and then you discard him.

he's got huge confidence issues but the talent is there. I'm pleased we're still banking on him.

This post is getting bookmarked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, g3.7 said:

I absolutely hate this idea that you invest £60m in a player, he has a bad season and then you discard him.

he's got huge confidence issues but the talent is there. I'm pleased we're still banking on him.

So you have a huge objection to Bakayoko going on loan then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a huge objection to us investing that money in him (in theory a conte style player), knowing the relationship with conte had gone, and then appointing a manager who clearly would have no real use for him.

take the fact bakayoko had a disaster of a season aside for a second, and ask what type of player he is. I think he's hugely physically gifted, great stamina, power, change of pace. technically not that bad actually and not without some skill or decent feet.

that monaco you could see played a classic 90s premier league type of football where running power was prioritised over keeping the ball, and where keeping the ball was not so important because their football was predicated on a high turnover of possession. I can see why conte might have wanted him- had he settled well and adapted you've got a player who can help compensate for us playing with a numerical disadvantage in midfield.

what he doesn't appear to be a natural fit for, is the type of football sarri wants to play.he's almost antithetical to it. the club is being very poorly run on the football side of things at the moment.

so yes I do have an objection to him being discarded. not with the decision to discard him by sarri, more with the way the club is being run. we need a director of football, we need that director to appoint managers and buy players who fit the same approach. what we have been doing is appointing managers reactively and signing players in an ad-hoc manner without any strategic thinking.

not replacing emenalo is a huge problem, and when we do, we need to give the director more control than he had. I don't think his plan was to let de bruyne, courtois, lukaku etc reach their potential elsewhere, nor do I think he wanted the academy to be unbridged to the first team. but that is more the fault of internal pressure, probably from abramovich himself (i.e. the demand for immediate results), and the managers he appointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yes I am sure you and RIP Mourinho are correct, and the managers of Real Madrid and Juventus were wrong, and should not have had him in their squad or played him repeatedly on match days :-)

It was just proved that the managers of Real and Juve and didn't play him repeatedly, more just brought on to kill a game against tired legs. If those managers rated him so highly he would still be at one of those clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest worry right now is that he's been sh*te this pre-season as well. Last season you could forgive him for but he looked exactly the same in all of his pre-season games this term.

And he still doesn't look or play like he cares. I don't think his head is in it to be honest and that he's just focused on his wife and kids and is happy to pick up his wages at Chelsea without taking responsebility to perform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g3.7 said:

I absolutely hate this idea that you invest £60m in a player, he has a bad season and then you discard him.

he's got huge confidence issues but the talent is there. I'm pleased we're still banking on him.

This has become a Morata cliche with little evidence to back it up. What talent? 

He misses 90% of the SITTERS he has. Honestly, some of the shots he has missed i actually think i could have finished. 

His first touch is woeful and bounces off him like a rugby ball. Funny how this is also one of the reasons people called out Bats and act like Morata is any different.

He can't dribble. Sure he can knock it and run as he's rather quick but he can't dribble. Stick a defender or two near him and he'll run head down into them. 

Poor link up play. I think he had one good assist to Hazard (back heel to put Eden 1v1, forgot who it was against) that has clouded everyones judgement, other than that he either plays a safe play backwards or overhits a pass.

The only thing i can think that he does good is get in good positions but this is pointless unless you're sticking the ball on his head. 

I hate the idea more that we'd invest so much money on an unproven player that has never had an elite goal scoring season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, g3.7 said:

 

so yes I do have an objection to him being discarded. not with the decision to discard him by sarri, more with the way the club is being run. we need a director of football, we need that director to appoint managers and buy players who fit the same approach. what we have been doing is appointing managers reactively and signing players in an ad-hoc manner without any strategic thinking.

 

 

 

Fair enough, we can agree on objecting to how the club is being run, my only worry is that Moratas bad form continues into the new season and Sarri suffers from negative results due to him not scoring, the pressure will build and build, even if Morata does improve it needs to be a significant improvement, on a regular basis, as you put it we're banking on him, that's the worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course we would like to see Morata banging in the goals but it's too early to write him off. Before his injury last season he had a more than reasonable return on goals. Unfortunately the preseason looks like his drought is continuing but it can't be all put down to him - I didn't see a whole lot of quality service in the matches or bits of matches I saw. Let's get behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look- no one can be unconcerned about the way his form tapered off. we already know, even when he signed, a lot of the comment in football was that he needed more self belief, so it is a real issue and anyone who states confidently that yes, he definitely will come good, I think is being blindly optimistic.

I just think he is talented, and he has all the physical attributes required. and it was a huge sum of money, on a young player on a long contract. I want to see us as a club take that investment seriously. almost with 'moral seriousness'.

I don't know what it is in me that thinks spending £4.5m on zola in 1997 is acceptable, but £35m on daniel drinkwater in 2017 is not, but that is how I feel. I am almost disgusted by the transfer market. part of me wants us to stop signing players altogether, and concentrate entirely on producing our own. yes, pay the players the going rate in terms of salary, but these transfer fees totally repel me, and in the last few years (despite two amazing title seasons, under two genius coaches), I have felt less and less interested in 'football' as this big corporate concept (granted this is an almost irrelevant tangent).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i think i will give atleast 2-3 months this season at least before writing him off, he needs someone like Drogba to give him mental toughness

so who are other top young strikers out there, who will thrive in our team

Edited by theone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of promise there. He needs to get back the confidence he played with for the 1st 4 months last season. He held the ball up, linked up well with Hazard, and got him on the score sheet regularly. He was poor after the turn of the year, but i dont think he gets enough credit for the the 1st half of the season.

It was only around the stoke game at home he started getting critised on here, before that, the vast majority were happy with his contribution.

I think there's a good chance he will score a lot more this season, although he will miss chances, it's in his nature and most strikers do anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, big blue said:

Also what happened to original morata thread? This only starts from February? 

I believe there was arguing on there so it got closed and this one opened to start again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, big blue said:

Plenty of promise there. He needs to get back the confidence he played with for the 1st 4 months last season. He held the ball up, linked up well with Hazard, and got him on the score sheet regularly. He was poor after the turn of the year, but i dont think he gets enough credit for the the 1st half of the season.

It was only around the stoke game at home he started getting critised on here, before that, the vast majority were happy with his contribution.

I think there's a good chance he will score a lot more this season, although he will miss chances, it's in his nature and most strikers do anyway. 

 

Spot the difference, even had the Azpi deep cross to header technique down perfectly:

All i'm saying is a video can make anyone look good, even someone poor like Morata/Torres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, #Wise7 said:

Are you for real?  RM realized he needed time to evolve, like we did with Cortouis. They ended up selling him because he was tired of waiting for his turn to shine. He have had one season here, to adjust to the most powerfull league in the world. On a team that spend more time playing sideways and backwards under Conte season 2. And he had some injuries. 

Now he have adjustet, now he knows what it takes to make it in the premiereship. I expect a lot of goals and assists from him in this season. With the new style Sarry brings, he will get a lot more chances than last season. Cant wait to get startet and see him turning it around.

No, are you for real? All that RM have realised is his quality(or the absence of it). they don't care about future, they don't send on loan just for the prospect. RM as a club lives for the present and the way they threw him away, him: 1) Spanish; 2) from the academy; 3) the famous player of the fans - shows us how they rated him. Also, about the minutes... from what I remember, he had to fight for his place with... Llorente, Mandzukic, old tevez, Benzema... not impressive list at all. 

Stop defending him, it's pointless. He is a flop till he proves otherwise. this is just a damn fact, no matter how good you are at twisting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always optimistic and in his case you need it. The confidence for some reason is low. I have no idea how a big player like him gets so low. 

He has all the skill to bang 25 goals a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this confidence talk is grasping at straws, he was super confident this time last year, in the EPL he scored 6 goals in his first six games, after that he scored 4 goals in 21 games up to the end of the season, no league goals with his right foot since Sept 23rd (21 games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Spot the difference, even had the Azpi deep cross to header technique down perfectly:

All i'm saying is a video can make anyone look good, even someone poor like Morata/Torres.

Only using the video to highlight what I saw last season, and that was that he was good for us in the first part of season, and I don't think it's a stretch to be hopeful he can play like that again. 

There is this notion on here, that he's been sh*t from from start, which I think is just nonsense. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

No, are you for real? All that RM have realised is his quality(or the absence of it). they don't care about future, they don't send on loan just for the prospect. RM as a club lives for the present and the way they threw him away, him: 1) Spanish; 2) from the academy; 3) the famous player of the fans - shows us how they rated him. Also, about the minutes... from what I remember, he had to fight for his place with... Llorente, Mandzukic, old tevez, Benzema... not impressive list at all. 

Stop defending him, it's pointless. He is a flop till he proves otherwise. this is just a damn fact, no matter how good you are at twisting. 

You are obviously clueless and way too coloured to discuss with. Mandzukic and Benzema not impressive?  Have you taken a look at those players accomplishments?  That you think he is a flop, and dont see the tactical changes is not his problem, thats youre problem. 

Ill defend him as long as i can see the things that have caused him problems in the past, getting changed. If we were still to play 3-4-3/3-5-3 with a defensive counter tactic, i would suggest selling him. But we are not, we are going to play 4-3-3, with a lot of possesion and a lot of balls from the sides into the pen area, and i truely beleave this will benefit him. 

Your hung up on the past, like the scum fans, im focused on the future! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, if we're using YT videos then those that don't have faith in him have this.

For what it's worth I still have faith in him.  I think under a more attacking style he can come right.  If he's still not looking good after the first couple of months then I think he'll be on limited time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×