Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't understand the view that he will start to score chances when he gets them. Surely he would be scoring the ones he has had? I think he's going to continue to miss and walk round the pitch like a petulant child. How many more chances are we going to give him before we all agree that he needs to leave for the sake of the team?

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

You say I had, and still have, an inability to see KdB's talent when he was with us.   You know that I have asked, even demanded,  on many occasions, an example of that talent being displayed in a Chelsea shirt, and all I have ever been told is "he had 20 minutes when he looked quite good in a pre-season match and he had a good half against Hull in the league".  Other than that, all I get is "Well I KNEW  back then, HONEST".  His pretty poor performances, along with his own admission that he didn't want to wait for a first team place,  and his reported poor attitude in training and towards the manager and his team-mates all conspired to contribute to getting rid of him.  I still say that anyone who says that they knew 5 or 6 years ago how good he would be now is lying or deluding themselves.  Kakuta, McCreachan,  blah, blah, blah... all had potential. Kdb could as easily have ended up playing for Coventry or the like.

Exactly this. And I'm against you on the KDB argument I always rated him but that doesn't make me any more right about the subject. It was all promise and hope, KDB did not display consistently great performances but we never really given him the chance, both can be true. 

It doesn't make you more right or me more right, and I don't know anyone who thought KDB would be this good. I knew about KDB during his Genk days and I didn't he would develop like this, I always thought he had too many big physical limitations to be a consistent World Class player. It's all a guessing game at the end of the day, I just wish some people would acknowledge that so the next time they get a prediction right they don't go off and think they're some footballing wizard. 

16 hours ago, Slojo said:

Exactly this. And I'm against you on the KDB argument I always rated him but that doesn't make me any more right about the subject. It was all promise and hope, KDB did not display consistently great performances but we never really given him the chance, both can be true. 

It doesn't make you more right or me more right, and I don't know anyone who thought KDB would be this good. I knew about KDB during his Genk days and I didn't he would develop like this, I always thought he had too many big physical limitations to be a consistent World Class player. It's all a guessing game at the end of the day, I just wish some people would acknowledge that so the next time they get a prediction right they don't go off and think they're some footballing wizard. 

All you do is snidely indirect me in messages these days and never reply directly to me. If you want to say something to me say it and don't be a coward and hide it in a message to someone else. 

CBA to get into the KDB argument again. It was obvious from his Bremen spell he was special, didn't get the platform to show that under Mourinho. Next. 

the club have cut their losses on the 2nd most expensive last summer signing, they wont do it for the first, hes here another season -like him or not.

hopefully he can chip in with a few goals, he aint a title winning striker imo,    if he doesn't prove his worth by next May then I am sure the club will act to bring in a 'proper' number 9/ striker

37 minutes ago, DiegoCostaForever said:

Watch the Supercup. Atletico got a good striker. Who is this guy? Can we get him instead of Morata the garbage?

As much I enjoyed having Costa in our team, him only turning up for half the season didn't help that much.

Edited by Malcolm9

29 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I mean he was our most prolific striker since Hasselbaink in terms of goals... so he was pretty helpful.

That's mean nothing now though, Costa was always pining for a return to A.Madrid. We need to move on and if Morata is sh*te this season we can then look to sell and replace him with a better striker.

37 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

That's mean nothing now though, Costa was always pining for a return to A.Madrid. We need to move on and if Morata is sh*te this season we can then look to sell and replace him with a better striker.

I was just replying to your comment about Costa.

Not sure what’s that’s got to do with “moving on” on Morata... I wasn’t talking about either of those things.