Next Chelsea Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

You didn’t consider all our competitors will have decided which players they will try to buy by now.

What I have considered is that you and others a) know nothing about what our competitors have or have not decided and b) you and others know nothing about what we as a club have or have not decided.

7 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I haven't got  a f**king clue what that all means,   especially APPH, but it's quite flattering that it exists.  

And yet Napoli have two.  Weird world, eh?

Having a manager is so 2017/2018 Chelsea are trendsetters... first the back 3 now everyone will have their manager situation in "chaos" 

Uncle Guus is a pundit for the World Cup coverage on Fox in the US. So clearly he is going to be busy until after the World Cup ;)

I assume Conte would be due back to start planning for pre-season in early July?

Seri is off to Napoli 

One player we really needed to partner Kante. Lovely to watch players get snatched up while we wait for our manager to be appointed. I'm hoping things get sorted before pre-season at least! 

Just now, zes said:

Seri is off to Napoli 

One player we really needed to partner Kante. Lovely to watch players get snatched up while we wait for our manager to be appointed. I'm hoping things get sorted before pre-season at least! 

Seri had made it pretty clear that he did not want to play in a cold climate. He has some medical issue in colder weather. As good as he might be we don't need somebody who can only play for half the season.

3 hours ago, RMH said:

Can people stop saying that we have no coach? Not specifically aimed at you Sindre :wink:, but I've already read several times other posters saying we have no coach, and it is false. Conte is still our coach and so it says in the Chelsea FC website. You may not want him to be, you may want Sarri to be our new coach, but do not say that we have no coach because the truth is that we DO have a coach, Conte, and we have no clue whether the board want to sack him and bring Sarri, Blanc, Enrique... or just keep him.

Give it a rest. If Conte is set to be our coach why are we not dipping our feet into the transfer market? Journos may be w**k in general but when so many report the same story it generally holds some truth. Just like when Conte signed and the rumours surrounding Drinkwater's transfer from news outlets such as the express which I never trust. It's confirmed we have been holding meetings with Sarri recently which means we are not interested in keeping Conte. 

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Seri had made it pretty clear that he did not want to play in a cold climate. He has some medical issue in colder weather. As good as he might be we don't need somebody who can only play for half the season.

How different is France's climate to the UK? I doubt there's any notable difference. Unless he struggled in France fair enough but if not then I don't see why it would be hard for him to adjust here. 

Edited by zes

2 minutes ago, zes said:

How different is France's climate to the UK? I doubt there's any notable difference. Unless he struggled in France fair enough but if not then I don't see why it would be hard for him to adjust here. 

Not a huge difference between the North of France, and the South of England, but overall France is a bit warmer I would think. 

25 minutes ago, zes said:

Give it a rest. If Conte is set to be our coach why are we not dipping our feet into the transfer market? Journos may be w**k in general but when so many report the same story it generally holds some truth. Just like when Conte signed and the rumours surrounding Drinkwater's transfer from news outlets such as the express which I never trust. It's confirmed we have been holding meetings with Sarri recently which means we are not interested in keeping Conte. 

Give what a rest, exactly? Asking people to stick to the facts? We have a coach, if you don't believe it just go to the Club's website and check it for yourself. Until he is sacked and we hire a substitute, Conte is our coach. Whether you like him or not is of no interest to the fact that posters here keep saying that we don't have one when we do.

12 minutes ago, RMH said:

Give what a rest, exactly? Asking people to stick to the facts? We have a coach, if you don't believe it just go to the Club's website and check it for yourself. Until he is sacked and we hire a substitute, Conte is our coach. Whether you like him or not is of no interest to the fact that posters here keep saying that we don't have one when we do.

Well no sh*t we have a coach. Everyone and their mum knows the coach won't be here next season. If he were to be our coach next season we should be cracking on with transfers and getting the players he needs then! Not. We have not done anything of the sort and that is because the board are looking to employ someone else. No point saying 'WE HAVE A COACH' when the club makes no effort in supporting them and have no belief in them. Let me know when the club puts in any effort in making Conte happy to stay at the club. 

14 minutes ago, zes said:

Well no sh*t we have a coach. Everyone and their mum knows the coach won't be here next season. If he were to be our coach next season we should be cracking on with transfers and getting the players he needs then! Not. We have not done anything of the sort and that is because the board are looking to employ someone else. No point saying 'WE HAVE A COACH' when the club makes no effort in supporting them and have no belief in them. Let me know when the club puts in any effort in making Conte happy to stay at the club. 

If Conte definitely won't be here next season why hasn't he been shown the door yet? It is not as though the payoff will be any cheaper if we wait until later in the summer.

26 minutes ago, forbzy said:

If Conte definitely won't be here next season why hasn't he been shown the door yet? It is not as though the payoff will be any cheaper if we wait until later in the summer.

There are other factors in play this time around unlike previous managerial sackings. Roman's visa issues has put a dent in proceedings. The club is also unwilling to agree to such big pay-offs such as Conte's compared to previous years and this financial worry is also backed by the club putting the stadium development on-hold due to 'unfavourable financial' circumstances. Marina has also been on holiday and only returned this week. Not sure if she has a say in such matters but its one of the possibilities. 

And you could say well these arguments can be made for explaining the lack of player transfers in favour of Conte. The thing is all the players we have been linked with all track back to Sarri. Where is evidence of the club supporting Conte? And people who dismiss transfer rumours as bollocks are also wrong. Yes most journos chat bollocks but there is truth to some reports. Danny Drinkwater and Zappacosta were heavily rumoured prior to joining and it proved to be true. When you have the more reliable journalists all reporting the same thing it tends to be true. 

Edited by zes

48 minutes ago, zes said:

So why the f**k you turn on me when all I'm asking people is to stop complaining about not having a coach?! There's a point in saying it when posters keep saying that, contrary to our rivals, we don't even have a coach. Have you even read my original post? 

2 hours ago, zes said:

Seri is off to Napoli 

Hopefully this pushes us in the direction of Bruno Fernandes, I think he would do well with us.

14 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Lemar is heading to Atletico. There was interest from our side, but because of manager mistiness he is chosen Atletico ... So some people still think that doesnt hurt us ?

Yea I know, there was interest from all clubs to sign him doesn't even matter...Conte wasn't sacked because of a reason, he will start the pre-season soon enough.