xXRuufioXx

Next Chelsea Manager

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

On 23/06/2018 at 21:34, charierre said:

Someone met his buyout clause.

Rumour has it, it was Marina Granovskaia

It's very clear are this point all the media have zero idea what is going on, I suggest you all just get on with your daily lives and forget about Chelsea until something actually happens or not happen.

So with the players not at the World Cup due to report for pre-season a week today you would assume that everything regarding the managerial situation will be resolved this week. 

I wonder if the club would announce Conte's sacking and Sarri as his replacement at the same time or whether they would announce Conte's departure first and then announce Sarri's appointment within a couple of days? 

Even by our own unique standards I don't think we've ever had such a drawn out and complicated saga with our managers. 

It's looking more and more likely a case of when rather than if that Sarri is appointed leaving us with roughly 5 weeks to conclude all of our transfer business. 

I honestly don't care whether Conte stays or goes, or whether we announce a manager until September when we've already played a few matches.

I'm enjoying the World Cup far too much to give a sh*t about the mess Chelsea Football Club are in- all of their own making. 

Conte pretty much 1 foot in our pre-season...whatever happens now there is the same old question, why did it take us so long to know who will be our manager? And thats in both cases if Conte stays or if he gets sacked now.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So with the players not at the World Cup due to report for pre-season a week today you would assume that everything regarding the managerial situation will be resolved this week. 

I wonder if the club would announce Conte's sacking and Sarri as his replacement at the same time or whether they would announce Conte's departure first and then announce Sarri's appointment within a couple of days? 

Even by our own unique standards I don't think we've ever had such a drawn out and complicated saga with our managers. 

It's looking more and more likely a case of when rather than if that Sarri is appointed leaving us with roughly 5 weeks to conclude all of our transfer business. 

Is there really that big of a gap between the start of pre season and the Perth match.

3 hours ago, Blueblur said:

I honestly don't care whether Conte stays or goes, or whether we announce a manager until September when we've already played a few matches.

I'm enjoying the World Cup far too much to give a sh*t about the mess Chelsea Football Club are in- all of their own making. 

I don't really see that we are in a mess.

We currently have a Manager who just won us the FA Cup, and we are (by all accounts) in the process of replacing him.

I know people want to know whats going on, but the reality is it would have made no difference to anything had we announced it a few weeks ago. Nothing would have happened in that time. 

I think it could demonstrate a lack of ambition on the club's part. Allegedly faffing around over compensation fees that pale into insignificance when viewed against player spend. The farcical visa vs stadium situation with very little from the club to refute some of the ridiculous press comments and now nothing in the transfer market despite us being linked with numerus players that it would appear we have no intention of signing and we may now be likely to miss out on.

Its quite handy for the club in a way. If the manager situation takes so long to resolve due to the intransigence of Conte and Napoli respectively, then the club could hardly be blamed for not going into the market to get the players that the new manager might need. It could be a convenient delay for a club that no longer has the driving ambition it once had.

1 hour ago, PedroMendez said:

Is there really that big of a gap between the start of pre season and the Perth match.

First pre-season game is July 23rd, so 3 weeks after the initial lot of players report for pre-season. First week of pre-season you would imagine will mostly be fitness tests and the like. I imagine players knocked out of the group stages of the world cup will report back the week starting July 16th so it's going to be pretty hectic pretty quick.

Sarri spent the last day at the San Benedetto del Tronto beach and from today will be in London to start preparing the work for the Blues. [@RafAuriemma via Tuttosport]

Sarri will wait for the arrival of his assistants: Ianni, Nenci, Losi, Lanzato and Pecchioni, who will join Bertelli and Spinelli who already worked with Conte expected in London on July 1. [@RafAuriemma]

Fali Ramadani is discussing with De Laurentiis to find a solution and it is possible that there will be a non-belligerence pact with Sarri that will preventing him from attacking some of Napoli's players under clause. [@RafAuriemma, TuttoSport] 

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Have we had our obligatory "Announcement expected tomorrow" post yet? If not, I'm here for that

Announcement expected tomorrow! #ChiefBlueITK #mysources 

Oi, give me a chance I’ve been working in a boiling hot kitchen from 5:30am! Stop stealing my tediously unfunny joke :biggrin:

4 hours ago, mclovin83 said:

I don't really see that we are in a mess.

We currently have a Manager who just won us the FA Cup, and we are (by all accounts) in the process of replacing him.

I know people want to know whats going on, but the reality is it would have made no difference to anything had we announced it a few weeks ago. Nothing would have happened in that time. 

Brakeit might have been banned sooner

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

First pre-season game is July 23rd, so 3 weeks after the initial lot of players report for pre-season. First week of pre-season you would imagine will mostly be fitness tests and the like. I imagine players knocked out of the group stages of the world cup will report back the week starting July 16th so it's going to be pretty hectic pretty quick.

3 weeks just seems a long time without a game, I imagine they will do the behind closed doors friendlies as well and in reality as you have pointed out it really won't be that long, and with a world cup diminished squad it does make sense.

Hopefully all this sh*t is done by next week and we can start getting some positivity around the place. 

42 minutes ago, enigma said:

The situation # Naples & # Sarri & # Chelsea finally seems to be unlocked. Compensation of 5 M € and he will engage with @ FrenchCFC . He will move to Cobham he will leave only to buy his local tobacco cigarettes. Looking forward to seeing him in # PL @ PhilippeAuclair

Now the only remaining question is... do Marlboro try to become official smoking partner of Chelsea?

Asking the important questions here!

I heard Sarri prefers Pall Mall