Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would love him if he's given time to build something, but he won't be. 

This is true of any potential manager sadly.

Like the cut of his jib if Conté is gone at the end of the season (at the latest). 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would love him if he's given time to build something, but he won't be. 

He hasn't had that long with Napoli, 2.5 seasons.

57 minutes ago, coco said:

With the system/style of play he uses in Naples with 4 at the back and 3 attacking players and two attacking midfielders, yes please.

Assuming we don't buy anyone and no ones leaves, what would you ideal squad for that formation be?
Perhaps:
               Thibaut
Azpi Rudiger Christensen Alonso
                  Kante
           Fabregas Barkley
Pedro          Morata        Hazard

33 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Assuming we don't buy anyone and no ones leaves, what would you ideal squad for that formation be?
Perhaps:
               Thibaut
Azpi Rudiger Christensen Alonso
                  Kante
           Fabregas Barkley
Pedro          Morata        Hazard

Cesc, Pedro and Alonso would'nt get in the team imo, all the players have to be strong on the ball and able to protect it and distribute it quickly. That's the basis. 

Just now, coco said:

Cesc, Pedro and Alonso would'nt get in the team imo, all the players have to be strong on the ball and able to protect it and distribute it quickly. That's the basis. 

Maybe RLC could come in for Cesc, William can carry the ball well but I don’t think he’s much stronger than Pedro so you’d have to use Moses and for Alonso we have the unknown Palmieri or move Dave over to the left, stick Rudi on the right and bring in Luiz/Zouma at CB. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Maybe RLC could come in for Cesc, William can carry the ball well but I don’t think he’s much stronger than Pedro so you’d have to use Moses and for Alonso we have the unknown Palmieri or move Dave over to the left, stick Rudi on the right and bring in Luiz/Zouma at CB. 

Azpilcueta--Christensen--Rudiger--Palmieri  ?????                     

9 minutes ago, coco said:

Azpilcueta--Christensen--Rudiger--Palmieri  ?????                     

We’ll have to see how Palmieri does. Might be a world beater, might be a djilobodji!

He's meeting with the president de laurentis about extending his contract so not sure it will happen. Also, if conte was to be sacked before the season end then we would need to bring in a top coach to take over. If they did the job they would stay on. I'm thinking ancelotti or enrique. 

On 04/02/2018 at 16:26, coco said:

He hasn't had that long with Napoli, 2.5 seasons.

I feel like Chelsea, as a club, are built to be very defensive though. I was thinking more along the lines of the players may need time to adapt/be changed to ones that suit his methods.

No way he is coming. Doesn't know English apparently and I don't see why he would he leave Napoli. We would have to replace too many players to adopt his system and it's just not going to happen. Not a complete write-off and I'd love him here but highly unlikely. 

On 05/02/2018 at 18:05, RIP Mourinho said:

I feel like Chelsea, as a club, are built to be very defensive though. I was thinking more along the lines of the players may need time to adapt/be changed to ones that suit his methods.

No such thing as built for defensive football. Liverpool went from Hodgson to Rogers in a year and completely transformed their style. 

Also, Conte's style of play closer reminisces the principles and methods of Sarri/Guardiola then they do a manager like Mourinho and Simeone. It would not be as drastic a change in style to go from Conte to Sarri.

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

When you play counter attacking football for 5 years as a club it'll take time for players to adapt. 

All our players play in different systems for their countries, and have played different systems throughout their careers.

Cahill plays in a back 3 for his club, and a back 2 for his country.

It doesn't take long to switch systems and drill the players.

Look at how we switched last season from 4-3-3 when we lost to Arse, and went 3-4-3, and immediately we steam rolled everyone and won the league.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

All our players play in different systems for their countries, and have played different systems throughout their careers.

Cahill plays in a back 3 for his club, and a back 2 for his country.

It doesn't take long to switch systems and drill the players.

Look at how we switched last season from 4-3-3 when we lost to Arse, and went 3-4-3, and immediately we steam rolled everyone and won the league.

But we were always playing a pretty defensive counterattacking football in the different formations imo. 

As for the formation change, i think we would need a big change in personnel to go back to a back 4. Alonso, Moses, Luiz etc. all redundant in that formation. We've seen how rigidly we play out from the back now, then look at how Sarri expects Napoli to play out from the back. Christensen and maybe Azpi the only ones capable. 

Could our current players honestly do this?

9 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

But we were always playing a pretty defensive counterattacking football in the different formations imo. 

As for the formation change, i think we would need a big change in personnel to go back to a back 4. Alonso, Moses, Luiz etc. all redundant in that formation. We've seen how rigidly we play out from the back now, then look at how Sarri expects Napoli to play out from the back. Christensen and maybe Azpi the only ones capable. 

Could our current players honestly do this?

Currently the players Conte picks couldn't play like that.

But a new manager could get a completely different team next season.

Hazard and Tibo are going, others will need to go as well. That will give us plenty of £ for new transfers for the new manager, along with some youngsters coming through like Christensen has. Ampadu and Callum HO are on the cusp, Ampadu has got it in him to play in that Napoli set up.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Currently the players Conte picks couldn't play like that.

But a new manager could get a completely different team next season.

Hazard and Tibo are going, others will need to go as well. That will give us plenty of £ for new transfers for the new manager, along with some youngsters coming through like Christensen has. Ampadu and Callum HO are on the cusp, Ampadu has got it in him to play in that Napoli set up.

That's what i mean though. If we are willing to give Sarri time to build a team that he wants and that can play how he wants i'd take him in a heartbeat. Pep was given time and the players he wants (albeit at an incredible expense) and now his team are playing fantastic football. My worry is we'll expect Sarri to play this kind of football with Cahill and bakayoko. 

7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

That's what i mean though. If we are willing to give Sarri time to build a team that he wants and that can play how he wants i'd take him in a heartbeat. Pep was given time and the players he wants (albeit at an incredible expense) and now his team are playing fantastic football. My worry is we'll expect Sarri to play this kind of football with Cahill and bakayoko. 

The alternative is we let Roman spend the Eden/Tibo transfer cash on more donkeys.