We want you to stay Courtois

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

One should tread carefully around goalkeeping statistics - to quite a large extent they are dictated by the style of play of their team. Obviously this is universally true of individual player stats within football, but arguably more so for goalkeepers than someone in any other position.

Oh you're saying there aren't enough? I think there are plenty in the making or already there. 

Kepa, Butland, Alisson, Donnarumma, and whatever the guy at Ajax is called. I'd be happy with any of them. That's not even including the players who are already top GKs. 

Low-key Blackman should be folded back into the squad to be 3rd choice at some point btw

On 01/03/2018 at 16:49, DG19 said:

Nobody is happy about him giving all these talks to the media or his father talking to PSG. But seriously who will we sign if he leaves. There are hardly a couple of goalkeeper of his standard and 5-6 clubs chasing them.

On 01/03/2018 at 16:49, DG19 said:

Nobody is happy about him giving all these talks to the media or his father talking to PSG. But seriously who will we sign if he leaves. There are hardly a couple of goalkeeper of his standard and 5-6 clubs chasing them. 

I just dont think he is 100% committed to the club and we aint getting the best performances out of him anyway,someone like jack butland i think would be a good option in my opinion specially seeing as we tend to buy a homegrown player every season now? In all honesty i think the club needs a bit of a clear out and try there best to keep and extend conte and guve him a bit more control over transfers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 07:40, Chelseafitzy said:

Just do one courtois will ya,club offers you a massive contract sold their number one keeper in cech to make you happy got you in the goalkeeper coach you wanted and got rid of the one you didnt and constantly talks of his love for madrid only to possibly be moving to PSG!!!! Just F OFF to wherever and good riddance nob head

+1

Agreed

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Rumors say we want to pay the release clause of Oblak, I would be so happy if this happens I'm tired of Courtois not being interested.

Oblak or kepa would be my two first picks however if we do end up with butland i will get fully behind him or whoever they get in. Makes you wonder if courtois family lived in russia would he be going AWOL to force through a move to CSKA Moscow?

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Postman Pat pulled the same trick to force through a move from Genk to us, so he has a history of being a conniving sh*te...give Bulka a chance and let Courtois rot on the bench for a year...

Is not correct.