Chelsea V Crystal Palace (PL) Sat 10th Mar 17:30 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

What makes Neymar better than Hazard? Neymar disappeared when it mattered most for PSG and he wasn't anything special at Barcelona last season. Neymar did nothing against Real Madrid, he was anonymous, they made him look average. Put Neymar in our team in the Premier League and he would sh*t himself and sulk his a way through games because we are so defensive.

How is Hazard throwing his toys out of the pram exactly? it just seems to me that you are seeing things that aren't there. Also, if Hazard isn't player of the season for us then who else would you choose? Nobody else has been anywhere near as consistent as he has. 

I'm not so sure about that, Neymar for me is better than Hazard. I don't like the idea that players will always have it harder in the Premier League because it's the Premier League. It's simply not true, the Premier League is not the best league in the world. 

But I do agree with your point about Hazard's attitude, I don't see his attitude off the pitch a problem. 

Player of the year you say. With the fa cup, barca and a desperate late push for top 4 it is there for the taking.

Assuming we mess up on all 3 fronts and nobody becomes a hero for us then I would personally say Christensen. Few expected he would be first choice but he got in past Cahill and luiz who were both really good last year. Think rudiger has been good as well as Alonso and the ever dependable dave. None better than I expected though. Only Andreas.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Player of the year you say. With the fa cup, barca and a desperate late push for top 4 it is there for the taking.

Assuming we mess up on all 3 fronts and nobody becomes a hero for us then I would personally say Christensen. Few expected he would be first choice but he got in past Cahill and luiz who were both really good last year. Think rudiger has been good as well as Alonso and the ever dependable dave. None better than I expected though. Only Andreas.

Azpilicueta, Andreas and Alonso. There my top 3. So I agree with you to a certain extent. No Hazard for me in the reckoning. 

24 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I'm not so sure about that, Neymar for me is better than Hazard. I don't like the idea that players will always have it harder in the Premier League because it's the Premier League. It's simply not true, the Premier League is not the best league in the world. 

But I do agree with your point about Hazard's attitude, I don't see his attitude off the pitch a problem. 

This! I've heard this peddled a few times. The premier League is one of the most competitive when you factor in the amount of teams competing for the top honors. But, when it comes to the next 14/15 teams I keep hearing they'll beat most teams from other leagues, which is simply not true! If it were true, how come none of them are competing for the Europa League on a yearly basis? Most of the teams we field in the Europa League, other than us, United and Arsenal, get their arses spanked!

Edited by Old Shaggy

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Do you really think Neymar would score so freely with us though? He scores so much because the teams he plays for create so many chances for him. According to ESPN stats this season, Hazard has taken 55 shots on goal and Neymar has 90. If Hazard had that many shots on goal, i'm more than sure his numbers would be just as good. Hazard isn't as interested in the numbers though, he's more concerned about the team. He's just as happy scoring as he is setting a team mate up. Put Neymar in our team and he wouldn't be scoring as easily because he wouldn't be playing for an attacking team.

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Do you really think Neymar would score so freely with us though? He scores so much because the teams he plays for create so many chances for him. According to ESPN stats this season, Hazard has taken 55 shots on goal and Neymar has 90. If Hazard had that many shots on goal, i'm more than sure his numbers would be just as good. Hazard isn't as interested in the numbers though, he's more concerned about the team. He's just as happy scoring as he is setting a team mate up. Put Neymar in our team and he wouldn't be scoring as easily because he wouldn't be playing for an attacking team.

THIS.

Numbers simply dont say the story. Take Giroud's chance for instance. Hazard goes past a couple of people, could have easily had a shot, but rather sets up our striker for a easy shot. Unluckily for giroud, he does not get his 1st PL goal for us, and neither does hazard get an assist. But take nothing away from how well he set giroud up. Stats/goals/assists will never tell that part of the game.