coco

Burnley V Chelsea (PL) Thurs 19th Apr 19:45 UK

Alonso will probably be banned for the next few games. Not who I expect conte to pick but who I would like to see picked.

Tibo

Azpi

Cahill

Luiz

Emerson

Zappa

Kante

Drinkwater

Cesc

Willian 

Hazard

Giroud 

Tibo

Azpi AC Rudi

Zappa DD/Baka Kante Palmeiri

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Can Conte be actually stupid enough to play alonso, Morata and cesc again? I feel I will actually lose my mind if I see even one of them in the starting 11.

I would play Pedro and hope this is the game he produces that 1 moment. Would give Willian a breather.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Alonso will probably be banned for the next few games. Not who I expect conte to pick but who I would like to see picked.

Tibo

Azpi

Cahill

Luiz

Emerson

Zappa

Kante

Drinkwater

Cesc

Willian 

Hazard

Giroud 

Like it! 12 players should do it. I wonder if the referee will notice?

Burnley have been flying lately, probably because the chance of a Europa League place. Our come -from- behind win at Southampton and Spurs getting pissed upon by City just might give us the impetus to win this game. What we need is some badly needed pacy support for Hazard from midfield and on the flanks. I'd like to see Barkley start instead of Fabregas, Palmieri instead of Alonso and Zappacosta to continue at right wing back. He looked very rusty at Southampton and might have needed the game. Rudiger should return after being banished for one game for being lippy. We also need a change of attitude from Conte. Get back to your raving lunatic best, please guvnor!

this will be a great test for us to see where we are really at. burnley are consistent at the moment and will be a tough opponent. if we get through this, it will stand us in good stead for the fa cup semi final game. 

You'd like to think that with the FA Cup game at the weekend we'll see a bit more rotation especially as a couple of players are looking like they're already on holiday but you can't help but feel that Conte has his set of 13 players he's going to pick come rain or shine. 

What I would like to see. 

Christensen - Cahill - Rudiger

Zappacosta - Bakayoko - Drinkwater - Emerson

Pedro - Giroud - Barkley

Don't think we'll see barley any changes though and expect on one or two players to be rotated before the weekend. 

I'd like to see some changes because its all about the FA cup and we need to go as strong as possible for it.

So based on that I'd like to see

Tbo

Azp Christensen Rudiger

Zappa Kante Bakayoko Emerson

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Maybe a 4231 will be deployed (unlikely) if it is, drop Zappa from RWB, move Emerson to LB, Azp RB and throw Barkley or Cesc into a #10 role.

41 minutes ago, Delnino said:

I'd like to see some changes because its all about the FA cup and we need to go as strong as possible for it.

So based on that I'd like to see

Tbo

Azp Christensen Rudiger

Zappa Kante Bakayoko Emerson

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Maybe a 4231 will be deployed (unlikely) if it is, drop Zappa from RWB, move Emerson to LB, Azp RB and throw Barkley or Cesc into a #10 role.

You're saying you'd like changes but you're playing all our key players who could do with a rest?

I would rest Azpi, Christensen, Kante and Hazard for sure. Want Giroud to start in the FA Cup but he might still need some game-time so give him 45 minutes. 

9 hours ago, old git said:

Like it! 12 players should do it. I wonder if the referee will notice?

Ah damn if you noticed it I doubt the ref will miss it...

Guess I need to leave out cesc then...

Posted (edited)

Last 8 games - 5 wins in a row

Burnley 1 - 1 Man City

Swansea 1 - 0 Burnley

Burnley 1 - 1 S'oton

Burnley 2 - 1 Everton

West Ham 0 - 3 Burnley

West Bromwich 1 - 2 Burnley

Watford 1 - 2 Burnley

Burnley 2 - 1 Leicester City

Edited by mojo

Looks like Alonso has got away with one...back 4 for me with this one...Fabregas to play but only with 2 other holding midfielders...be good to see CHO and Barkley getting some time too...

Tibo 

Dave Christensen Rudiger Alonso 

Kante Bakayoko 

Fabregas 

Willian Giroud Hazard 

No chance Alonso is getting away with that... If ref says he didn't see it and with the media attention it got... the Review Panel would have to be all ex-Chelsea and have a free holiday on one of Roman's yachts not to ban him for  that.

Bit of rotation required I reckon, maybe rest one of Willian & Hazard who look a little Jaded (although both made BBC TOTW)

Giroud deservedly starts and maybe being either Barkley or Drinkwater in for Fab. Think Rudiger maybe on naughty step little longer.

TC

Azpi    Christensen Cahill

Moses                                     Emerson

Kante  Drinkwater

Pedro                         Hazard

Giroud

Bench: WC, Baka, Barkley, Morata, Willian, Chalobah or Hudson Odoi, Zappa

We haven't been playing well at all for a few months now, so I don't see why we shouldn't be sampling a couple of different formations. I'd like to see the below.

Courtois

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson

Willian - Kante - Drinkwater - Hazard

Morata - Giroud

A young/pacey back-line, with 2 destroyers in central midfield. More options up-front playing a 2. We could switch from defensive to offensive very quickly depend on the instructions given to the full-backs. They can either sit deeper/closer to the centre backs to make us more solid, or push forward adding an attacking threat, overlapping Willian/Hazard, confident that they'll have Kante and Drinkwater covering in midfield.

Please no 3 at the back. 

What i want to see: 

Tbo

Azpi  Christensen  Rudiger  Emerson

Kante  Bakayoko

Willian  Hazard  Pedro/CHO

Giroud

What i expect Conte to choose:

Tbo

Azpi  Christensen  Cahill

Moses  Cesc  Kante  Emerson

Willian  Morata  Hazard

We'll be 2-0 before Conte decides to change it up again. 

8 points behind Spuds now with this game in hand, win it and its 5 pts with 4 games left. a long shot but one never knows, unfortunately Burnley are 

very good at home and so far this season CFC are poor on the road, still look at last Saturday.........

4 hours ago, General said:

8 points behind Spuds now with this game in hand, win it and its 5 pts with 4 games left. a long shot but one never knows, unfortunately Burnley are 

very good at home and so far this season CFC are poor on the road, still look at last Saturday.........

And Spurs have got fixtures where you expect them to win all of them. Never say never though but like you said this will be extremely hard game anyway and will be interesting to see how many changes Conte makes for this.

It will be interesting to see which Conte pushes for .. an attempt at top 4 or a definite final position and a chance for a trophy.. it wouldn't surprise me if we saw Kante, Azpi, Hazard (Willian) rested for the FA Cup...

Courtois
            Azpi - Christensen - Cahill
Zappacosta - Kante - Drinkwater - Emerson
              Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

Burnley were the team that started our woes at the start of the season. We went 3-0 down were reduced to 9 men and we nearly came back at them 3-2. This will be tough as they are chasing Arsenal for the Europa space. Giroud must start and I'd play Drinkwater in midfield with Kante. This will be a physical match. Can't watch the match as I've an appointment I can't get out of. That may bring us luck :laugh2: We need all 3 points as Spurs drew last night. Not sure we will do it but here's hoping. COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

13 hours ago, General said:

Spurs last 4 games is. 

Watford h

West Brom A

Newcastle h

Leicester h

No f**king way they drop 5 points in those matches, and that's even presuming we win all our games which is no guarantee considering we play this game and Liverpool to come. 

Nah I've given up on the league this season, I just desperately want to see us win that FA Cup and salvage something from a piss poor season.