JMaher94

Anthony Martial

I’ll be very frustrated if we don’t sign anyone. 

Clearly need a replacement for Bakayoko/Drinkwater. A right winger too would be ideal, Pedro and Willian don’t fill me with confidence. 

I’d be happy with Vecino and Martial, both seems doable. 

Posted (edited)

Forget Martial...he ain't going nowhere...let's face it there ain't going tto be any new signings...the window is too small and the world Cup has virtually made it impossible to get any top players signed...just hope Courtois and his agent is told to bring his kids to London and stop f**king moaning...

Edited by doctorblue

38 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Forget Martial...he ain't going nowhere...let's face it there ain't going tto be any new signings...the window is too small and the world Cup has virtually made it impossible to get any top players signed...just hope Courtois and his agent is told to bring his kids to London and stop f**king moaning...

He cant do that, he loves it.

More quotes from Willian coming out that would like to play under Jose again as they are friends but he is happy in London. 

Clearly trying to push a move whilst trying not to ruin relationships. 

18 minutes ago, JM7 said:

More quotes from Willian coming out that would like to play under Jose again as they are friends but he is happy in London. 

Clearly trying to push a move whilst trying not to ruin relationships. 

Oh god it’s going to be a messy end to the transfer window.

14 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Oh god it’s going to be a messy end to the transfer window.

Its looking that way and if we do get Kovacic would Man U panic and try for someone like Willian?

1 minute ago, mclovin83 said:

What position would Fekir occupy for us do you think? 

He can play anywhere across attacking midfield but he isn't a true winger if that makes sense. Closer to a Mata style behind the striker player. 

1 minute ago, Spiller86 said:

He can play anywhere across attacking midfield but he isn't a true winger if that makes sense. Closer to a Mata style behind the striker player. 

Interesting; I was trying to understand if he would still be a likely target if we acquire Kovacic ? 

5 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

Interesting; I was trying to understand if he would still be a likely target if we acquire Kovacic ? 

Very versatile player. Could play a Hazard style role on the right, as a second striker, an attacking midfielder or in a midfield three. It gives us options and he is better then Willian.

2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

He would in exchange for Willian. I think the people above Mourinho dont want to let Martial go.

Yeah for Willian he would, but not Cash only. But as you said the higher ups at utd would not like that.

I think Martial would be an excellent striker. In a scenario where we manage to buy Fekir, trading Willian with Martial would be interesting. It would mean selling/loaning one of Morata and Batshuayi though.

That said, it won't happen.

Have a feeling this will get done in the next 24 hours with Willian going to Utd. 

That's would make this transfer window A+ in my books as we DESPERATELY need a striker, can't stand willian has pace but as soon as he's near the box he slows down does some step overs then passes it back to midfield, proper winds me up every time I watch him play!

Cannot see us letting Willian go and the possibility of a swap deal involving Martial seems even more unlikely. The hierarchy at United apparently rate him very highly, regardless of what Mourinho thinks. Would be our best piece of business in years but sadly it won’t happen. 

37 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

And knowing us will sell him, he will become the best defender in the world and then we go for Martial and they tell us to do one.

And repeat.

i don't think one would happen without the other. I suppose you never know with chelsea. 

The trouble with Zouma leaving permantly is it is hard to put a figure on what he is worth. I would imagine we would want £40m for him considering his contract length, and the potential he showed pre injury. However im not sure any buyer would want to pay more than half that, given the last 2 years. So I see him going in loan to try and bump his value back up.