Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Higuain

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Zlatan did well and he was 34. 

There's probably been more misses than hits though.

Higuian doesn't look like a player that will age particularly well either, but he has scored goals every where he has played, he has a good touch, and I think will score goals this season, not sure what he will be like in 1 or 2 years time though.

Don’t think we’re looking at him being first choice for more than two seasons if we did buy him.

This is all about a quick fix and letting Sarri implement his playing style as quickly as possible. I think the club are willing to take the financial hit of buying someone as old as Higuain if it speeds up the transition of playing style.

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Don’t think we’re looking at him being first choice for more than two seasons if we did buy him.

This is all about a quick fix and letting Sarri implement his playing style as quickly as possible. I think the club are willing to take the financial hit of buying someone as old as Higuain if it speeds up the transition of playing style.

But it can’t be a transition if we bring him to replace any of the young strikers we’ve got in Mitchi and Morata. It would be such a transition if we were replacing Giroud, and still don’t think it makes sense.

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I'm struggling to think of a 30 year old striker moved to EPL and became a hit. Zaltan did a good job, but he's a better player than Higuain. I honestly don't think he will make it here, even with his favorite manager in charge.

Larsson did really well, though I suppose he came from just over the border.

24 minutes ago, RMH said:

But it can’t be a transition if we bring him to replace any of the young strikers we’ve got in Mitchi and Morata. It would be such a transition if we were replacing Giroud, and still don’t think it makes sense.

I think Morata wants out, I reckon he’ll be going back to Italy, the rumours of joining Milan I reckon have something to them.

Michy is decent goal scorer but I don’t think his overall game is rounded enough to lead the line week in, week out.

So we bring in Higuain to lead the line this season and within two years we’ll be looking to spend big on a longer term replacement.

32 minutes ago, RMH said:

Morata doesn't want to be here. Pointless to keep him as I refuse to believe he's going to come good if he's pining for Italy. I think it's more of a risk hoping Morata will come good next season tbh. At least Higuain is strong, tall, physical and played in a Sarri system before. 

5 minutes ago, zolawannabe25 said:

Why not go for martial now though? He seems a similar striker to mertens isn't weak has a lot in his locker and wants out of united. 

Probably isn't available or United won't sell to us. Then again maybe Sarri doesn't want him, who knows.

Can see this happening to be honest, No place for him at Juve with Ronaldo coming in and we may need a striker if rumours are to believed at Morata is off.

Odds out to 1/6 now, Top class striker on his day just worried this move may have come too late in his career.

58 minutes ago, dkw said:

Larsson did really well, though I suppose he came from just over the border.

I remember he did well for a cameo role, not a regular starter. We are banking on this 30 ( soon be 31) year old to play 50 games next season and deliver straight away, it's a huge ask. A more important issue is does he want to come here, or just being forced out and get the last pay pay day.

56 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I think Morata wants out, I reckon he’ll be going back to Italy, the rumours of joining Milan I reckon have something to them.

Michy is decent goal scorer but I don’t think his overall game is rounded enough to lead the line week in, week out.

So we bring in Higuain to lead the line this season and within two years we’ll be looking to spend big on a longer term replacement.

It may well be that Morata wants out, but so does Hazard and we are not ready to let him go until we've got a decent replacement. With Morata is the same situation. We propose him to let him go as soon as we have a replacement next season, and in exchange he's got to give his best this season for us. We don't buy a quite fat and slow Higuaín as a parch this season, and we develop Morata and Mitchi under Sarri. But that is just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

It may well be that Morata wants out, but so does Hazard and we are not ready to let him go until we've got a decent replacement. With Morata is the same situation. We propose him to let him go as soon as we have a replacement next season, and in exchange he's got to give his best this season for us. We don't buy a quite fat and slow Higuaín as a parch this season, and we develop Morata and Mitchi under Sarri. But that is just my opinion.

If a player does not want to be here it is highly unlikely they will give their all for the club, we have already seen how Morata's form has went out the window.

15 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

If a player does not want to be here it is highly unlikely they will give their all for the club, we have already seen how Morata's form has went out the window.

He'll probably bag half a dozen goals in preseason and then everyone will want him to stay.....just saying.

39 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I remember he did well for a cameo role, not a regular starter. We are banking on this 30 ( soon be 31) year old to play 50 games next season and deliver straight away, it's a huge ask. A more important issue is does he want to come here, or just being forced out and get the last pay pay day.

Yeah thats true, Larsson was a backup. And the bit about not wanting to be here, that should be the most important point in all this, and should immediately mean we dont buy him.

Should have seen this transfer coming tbh. He may have been good under this coach at napoli but jesus that was ages ago. He has piled on the pounds is to old. Morata needs one more season. If he can sort his feet out he would be a decent f**king striker.

I can see where this could be a good addition, certainly for the next couple of years. He is only 10 months older than Diego Costa and has a similar game/style of play.

It we add him, who do you keep to go with among Morata, Giroud and Batshuayi? I believe Morata desperately wants out of London and is unhappy, though he has the most long term upside. Wish we could get him engaged with the team and motivated. But until then, Higuaín seems a good answer. 

Come on you Chelsea!!

2 hours ago, strangebutblue said:

Should have seen this transfer coming tbh. He may have been good under this coach at napoli but jesus that was ages ago. He has piled on the pounds is to old. Morata needs one more season. If he can sort his feet out he would be a decent f**king striker.

'if he can sort his feet out' 

Christ, its bad enough we even have to say this about a FOOTballer.

Higuain would probably score a few goals and might be a decent option for a season or 2. financially though it would make less sense as we would be unlikely to sell him on. At least Morata would still fetch a price due to his age. Depends on how much Higuain would cost. Maybe worth a gamble in the 30m range but not at the prices i have seen rumored.

23 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Higuain would probably score a few goals and might be a decent option for a season or 2. financially though it would make less sense as we would be unlikely to sell him on. At least Morata would still fetch a price due to his age. Depends on how much Higuain would cost. Maybe worth a gamble in the 30m range but not at the prices i have seen rumored.

Morata's saleability will ultimately depend on whether he still has a mental block in front of goal, young or not.

Personally I believe Higuin is ac Milan bound. It looks like it’s falling into place for a bonucci Higuin swap deal. I just can’t see Milan spending over 60m on 1 player that they can get a better alternative cheaper especially after all the FFP problems 

Juventus to swap #Higuain on loan to #ACMilan for #Bonucci. Loan will cost €18-20m, buy option €30-35m (@LucaFiorino24) 

Juve have informed the Higuain brothers they want to sell Gonzalo. Meeting with Milan to convince the striker. Deal depends on his will (@DiMarzio)