Laurent Blanc - Because Why Change The Status Quo?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Nice to meet you, where you been?
Bordeux and PSG?
Winning Ligue 1, as I see.
Saw you there and I thought
Oh my God, that man's got the knack
You look like Roman's next big sack
Chelsea's the team, want to manage ay?
Skimping money for applause
I can read you like a match program
Ain't it funny, Sarri's clause?
And I know you heard about me:
Marina, so let's be friends
I'm dying to see how this one ends
Grab your passport and my hand
I can make negotiations break down in a weekend
So it's gonna be 2 seasons
Then it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the payout
Got a long list of ex-managers
They'll tell you the board's not fair
'Cause you know I won't blame the players
For how they play the game
'Cause when we were young, we were reckless
We could buy Shevchenko
Now we need a new Stadium
And we won't pay for Alex Sandro
Got a long list of wasted talent
They'll tell you the academy's insane
But I've got a Blanc Space baby
And I'll write your name

French fan in peace..

Was wondering  why you don't seem interested in signing BLANC as your next Coach.. ? 

I found him really good.. Results guaranteed, nice football philisophy... 

Some of you wonder why he has been oout of job for nealry 2 years... he is a bit picky, Not sure the Abramovic / Blanc associtation will work out

Also, he left PSG with a 22 M EUROS pay check... So I guess he could afford to relax a bit

6 hours ago, French Frog said:

French fan in peace..

Was wondering  why you don't seem interested in signing BLANC as your next Coach.. ? 

I found him really good.. Results guaranteed, nice football philisophy... 

Some of you wonder why he has been oout of job for nealry 2 years... he is a bit picky, Not sure the Abramovic / Blanc associtation will work out

Also, he left PSG with a 22 M EUROS pay check... So I guess he could afford to relax a bit

Results are never guaranteed. Even less so with someone that has never managed outside of the farmers league. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Results are never guaranteed. Even less so with someone that has never managed outside of the farmers league. 

Who is it that you want as manager?

Because I have seen you refer to both Italy and France as a "farmers league", so that would rule out Sarri and Blanc, the two current favorites for the job. 

13 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Who is it that you want as manager?

Because I have seen you refer to both Italy and France as a "farmers league", so that would rule out Sarri and Blanc, the two current favorites for the job. 

Sarri.

Both poverty leagues with sub standard football bar one or two teams. Difference being Sarri took Empoli into the Serie A and caused shock by not going straght back down and then an average Napoli to challenge world beaters Juventus with a squad that cost a fraction of their competition. All of this whilst playing some gorgeous football and improving the players at his disposal tenfold.

Blanc won a league title with Bordeux when there was very little competition and then underachieved massively with PSG in the Champions league whilst walking the league and also has been out of management for two years. 

25 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Sarri.

Both poverty leagues with sub standard football bar one or two teams. Difference being Sarri took Empoli into the Serie A and caused shock by not going straght back down and then an average Napoli to challenge world beaters Juventus with a squad that cost a fraction of their competition. All of this whilst playing some gorgeous football and improving the players at his disposal tenfold.

Blanc won a league title with Bordeux when there was very little competition and then underachieved massively with PSG in the Champions league whilst walking the league and also has been out of management for two years. 

Fair enough. 

Personally I'm still struggling to see what's so special about Sarri. He's done well at Napoli but has never managed outside of Italy and never managed a club with any expectations of winning anything. It's all well and good having an ideology of playing a certain way but when your employer begins to demand certain results and within a set time frame, how strongly do you cling to those convictions? 

It's not going to happen but I'd be open to Eddie Howe being given the job, I don't think his career has been too dissimilar to Sarri's but he hasn't had an owner from a larger club give him the chance at a big(ger) job. 

If he has a good connection with players, can control the dressing room. play attacking football and play with youth players. Then we should go for him, we must sign a new coach or stay with Conte, because we are losing time and transfer window's days are slowly going down. United already made two signings.

24 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Fair enough. 

Personally I'm still struggling to see what's so special about Sarri. He's done well at Napoli but has never managed outside of Italy and never managed a club with any expectations of winning anything. It's all well and good having an ideology of playing a certain way but when your employer begins to demand certain results and within a set time frame, how strongly do you cling to those convictions? 

It's not going to happen but I'd be open to Eddie Howe being given the job, I don't think his career has been too dissimilar to Sarri's but he hasn't had an owner from a larger club give him the chance at a big(ger) job. 

Not managing outside of Italy is also the only reservation i have. 

I think the only reason he's yet to win anything is because of clubs he has been at. Had he stayed at Napoli another year i imagine he'd be challenging for the league/cup.

On 07/06/2018 at 13:44, ForeverCarefree said:

Fair enough. 

To be honest, I'd be up for that.