Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
EmeraldBlue

Pre-Season

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:08, yorkleyblue said:

When Celtic tried to steam out of Fulham Broadway?  oh how we larfed!  Didn't they have the Matthew Harding that day?   Most of them didn't get in toll half time I think.

yeah they had the north stand, I was in the shed upper that night, I remember them outside brogans I was drinking in the jolly malters and heard a roar with down to check it out with my mate, load of pissed up scruffy c**ts acting hard. Usual Celtic travel in huge numbers I know the price of the ticket didn't help but I reckon they didn't fancy it.  Took them ages to let them out of the ground, we where getting chanced up and down the Waterford Road by the Police horses. I heard there was loads of different firms there that night according to a few people in the lily early on in the day.  The attendance was piss poor 25,000 I think but charging the prices they did didn't help.  good laugh all the same.

On 20/06/2018 at 17:51, Munkworth said:

Upper? Is that so you can look down your nose at the riff-raff down in the lower, your majesty? 

Lower has terrible visibility at the back. And it stinks. Upper is much better. 

1 hour ago, Total-Football said:

Lower has terrible visibility at the back. And it stinks. Upper is much better. 

It doesn’t stink, that’s just my general musk...

As long as you’re not row 14/15/16 you’re alright!

Posted (edited)

The pre-season plans for our development squad and youth team have been confirmed, with preparations for the new campaign getting underway midway through next month.
Joe Edwards’s side will travel to Chestnut Avenue for their curtain-raiser on Saturday 14 July to take on Northwood. The game will be played in memory of Pete Barry, a man who had strong links to both the Isthmian League club and our Academy before his passing in 2016. Pete was a former scout in our youth setup and latterly a driver for our young players, while his son, Ian, is currently Northwood chairman.

It will be a 3pm kick-off in north-west London and tickets can be purchased in advance online here priced at £10 for adults, £6 for concessions and £2 for under-16s, with proceeds donated to charity.

The development squad then take on Woking on Wednesday 18 July, kick-off 7.45pm at
the Laithwaite Community Stadium. Tickets can be bought at the ground priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions, with under-16s admitted entry for free.

We then take on National League side Sutton United at Gander Green Lane on Saturday 21 July at 3pm before travelling to Portugal to face FC Porto on Saturday 28 July. Our pre-season concludes with a contest against our counterparts from Stoke City on Saturday 4 August at Cobham.

Our Under-18s will begin their pre-season campaign against Oxford United on Monday 16 July at the Meadowbank Stadium in Dorking, where kick-off is at 7pm and entry is free, before Cobham fixtures against Crystal Palace and Queens Park Rangers. The remainder of the youth team programme will be confirmed shortly.

Both the Under-18 Premier League and Premier League 2 seasons are slated to begin on the second weekend of August.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/6/7/academy-pre-season-fixtures-confirmed

Edited by the special one

7 hours ago, Amber SUFC said:

Just £12 at Sutton  ;-)

I’d love to get down to Sutton for the friendly but I’m working! A guy I work with goes to games there quite a lot and got me looking out for their results (pre-Cup run before everyone got on the bandwagon!). 

Shame their form tailed off at the end of the season and they missed out on promotion, although it was a blessing in disguise re; the pitch. 

On 14/07/2018 at 18:10, robdog said:

@Valerie look at what I found for you

DiE3kNPX0AAozMW.jpg

On 14/07/2018 at 18:25, PedroMendez said:

Mine's better
Image result for Maurizio Sarri with Carlo cudicini and jorginho

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the summer re-posting these :yay:

Looks like Carlo hasn't joined Conte in the employment office queue.

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

Is Carlo just a little bit "excited" in that first one?  Or has he got his phone in his pocket?

Ross seems sharp. I can't see this issue ocurring with our Latin bandwagon back right after the vacancy.