Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Rugani

27 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Zouma and Luiz out, Rugani in?

And then keep Cahill?  Guess it makes sense just for his homegrown status.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

And then keep Cahill?  Guess it makes sense just for his homegrown status.

Homegrown, experienced, decent leadership. Been at the club longer than anyone else... if he’s happy to rotate next season then I’d definitely keep Cahill around. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The most important part, is he actually any good?

For me he'd an upgrade on Christensen and Rudiger. Could easily see him starting ahead of Christensen next season.

Edited by the special one

1 hour ago, the special one said:

For me he'd an upgrade on Christensen and Rudiger. Could easily see him starting ahead of Christensen next season.

That may well be, but in my opinion, Rüdiger seems to be underrated.  Dude is a tank and easily our best signing of last summer.  So, if Rugani is an upgrade on him, I would happily welcome him in the team.

You never build your defense all around youngsters. We all saw what Christensen did last year February and March, ruining our season with his mistakes caused by the lack of experience. Imagined this x3. One of Cahill and Luiz must stay and even be a starter. 

47 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

You never build your defense all around youngsters. We all saw what Christensen did last year February and March, ruining our season with his mistakes caused by the lack of experience. Imagined this x3. One of Cahill and Luiz must stay and even be a starter. 

Only problem with that is both cahill and Luiz have looked very suspect in a back 4. I'm not saying Rugani is the answer as I've never seen him play.

With Luiz's hamstring and knee issues, and his no doubt big wages, I would definately cash in on him in the summer. 

Cahill has one year left on his contract and I can't see anyone paying good money for him, so it might be a case of him getting one last season as a squad player.

I like zouma a lot, and maybe sarri can improve him technically enough to take him to the next level, but he is the type of defender that would've been king 10 years ago. Everyone wants ball playing centre backs these days though, so I'm not sure what lies in the future for him.

Rudiger and Christiensen I would definately keep. Rudiger's pace gets us out of trouble a lot, and I think christiensen is going to be an excellent player. I find it ironic that fans complain about not playing our youth players, but then when one finally gets a chance, they don't show patience, and want us to sign a replacement. 

Rugani seems highly rated, and I hope we go back to signing younger players with massive potential, rather than the approach we have taken in recent windows. 

What does this guy offers that we don't have? We are overloaded with defenders, can't keep 6 if we are playing the standard 4 defenders system. If potential is his selling point, we got Zouma who has great potential and younger, then there's Christensen.

16 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

What does this guy offers that we don't have? We are overloaded with defenders, can't keep 6 if we are playing the standard 4 defenders system. If potential is his selling point, we got Zouma who has great potential and younger, then there's Christensen.

He offers a connection and understanding of Sarri's play. We need that to make his system work quickly. A bit like when Jose started Percy over Gallas. We all moaned for a while but you need players you can trust as a manager.

Spoke to a Juve supporting friend: he said he's extremely solid, and is a real Mr Clean (doesn't make any terrible mistakes) - so hopefully we can have a back 4 without any clangers in the locker.

He is worried about him adapting to a new, more physical environment though.

He also worked with Sarri in the past (Empoli I think he said) so it would make sense as a Cahill/Luiz replacement imo. 

11 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

€40m fee agreed with Juventus according to Italian based Sports Mediaset. 

Sudden excitement these last few days, Sarri and Jorginho along with Golovin and I'll be jumping for joy.

1 hour ago, B&Wlegends said:

I hope it's not true. Excellent CB very undervalued but one of the best young defenders in Europe.

I read some Juve fans saying it was good business as they have another younger CB who is better than Rugani who spent last season on loan at Atalanta.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

I read some Juve fans saying it was good business as they have another younger CB who is better than Rugani who spent last season on loan at Atalanta.

They only had 1 player loaned to atalanta according to wikipedia, and he was a midfielder. I think they actually sold him to atalanta, who then loaned him out further.

Edited by Zeta

13 minutes ago, Zeta said:

They only had 1 player loaned to atalanta according to wikipedia, and he was a midfielder. I think they actually sold him to atalanta, who then loaned him out further.

mattia caldara i think. They seem to rate him.

On 27/06/2018 at 10:47, icecoolguy22 said:

Zouma is a good defender but looks panicked everytine he has a ball at his feet. He can’t play out the back which looks like we are going that way. 

We do have caldara who is very good but yet to prove himself in a top team, rugani even though was not yet a starter has been playing every year more and was supposed to become with caldara the pillar for the next 10 seasons, of course sarri wants him but very surprised at seeing juve letting him go. He's way better than rudiger btw.

Just now, B&Wlegends said:
1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

We do have caldara who is very good but yet to prove himself in a top team, rugani even though was not yet a starter has been playing every year more and was supposed to become with caldara the pillar for the next 10 seasons, of course sarri wants him but very surprised at seeing juve letting him go. He's way better than rudiger btw.

Hmm, now you have my attention. If he's better than Rudiger than that would make him a pretty good CB because Rudiger was one of our better players last season.