Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Rugani

38 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Good news about Bonucchi rejoining Juve, Just might free up Rugani for a move.

nah they sold caldara too, rumors were that they wanted to keep one of rugani/caldara so don't see this happening...

we basically spent over a month of this summer chasing this guy and in the end all for nothing, same as with rooney, sandro, modric, cavani in past summers, so frustrating. We need to get better at sensing which deals are feasible and which aren't so we don't keep wasting all the transfer window on trying to buy unattainable targets, leaving with us with little time at the end to try to rescue it with panic buys

3 minutes ago, CFC_montreal said:

nah they sold caldara too, rumors were that they wanted to keep one of rugani/caldara so don't see this happening...

we basically spent over a month of this summer chasing this guy and in the end all for nothing, same as with rooney, sandro, modric, cavani in past summers, so frustrating. We need to get better at sensing which deals are feasible and which aren't so we don't keep wasting all the transfer window on trying to buy unattainable targets, leaving with us with little time at the end to try to rescue it with panic buys

Rugani was actually on the market, even though I hoped not but the deal was linked to Higuain , when Chelsea decided not to make a move the Milan deal was made with Caldara and Higuain, which is painful because Caldara is very good too and Gonzalo has been an incredible player  during the past 2 seasons

24 minutes ago, B&Wlegends said:

Rugani was actually on the market, even though I hoped not but the deal was linked to Higuain , when Chelsea decided not to make a move the Milan deal was made with Caldara and Higuain, which is painful because Caldara is very good too and Gonzalo has been an incredible player  during the past 2 seasons

I heard that we were never really in for higuain at all and that it was all italian paper talk, probably leaked by juve to pressure milan into doing the deal quicker...

In any case, another summer wasted. Sarri and jorginho was a great start but if we do nothing else it will still be a disappointing transfer window once more... haven't even shipped out any deadwood like drinkwater yet ffs

1 hour ago, CFC_montreal said:

You forgot Stones.

11 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

Hi actually dropped right off last year and had his lowest league goals of 16

It’s a hard window to judge clubs on as it’s been hampered by clubs shortening it by two or three weeks and the players still not returning from holidays. I think most fans must feel the same as we do, the only clubs that have done good business so far are Liverpool West Ham and Fulham. Arsenal have signed a few players but no one of any ilk just packing out the squad.

by not signing players it will hopefully give a few players the chance to break through like RLC who would have suffered if we had sign golovin and the first team opportunity for CHO.

For me I would have loved to add martial and if that happens which it still could i think we have had a good window. 

I don’t particularly have a concern over the goalkeeper because if Courtois stays we have a world class keeper and if he goes Jack Butland is a good solid replacement. I am not saying that he is world class because he’s not but he is a top keeper and will be available 

On 02/08/2018 at 22:20, CFC_montreal said:

I heard that we were never really in for higuain at all and that it was all italian paper talk, probably leaked by juve to pressure milan into doing the deal quicker...

In any case, another summer wasted. Sarri and jorginho was a great start but if we do nothing else it will still be a disappointing transfer window once more... haven't even shipped out any deadwood like drinkwater yet ffs

well it is hard to tell, but I think that Sarri has asked him for sure and in fact Gonzalo kind of confirmed it during the presentation at Milan, apparently Chelsea did make an attempt but at a much lower price than what Juve required and later tried to swap him for Morata but clearly the board was not convinced and preferred to spend the money on the keeper. We'll see, it is already sometine that I do not really understand your management's strategy but in  the end the results will tell if they are right.

Now looking back at Rugani it feels even more puzzling. If we really wanted a new centre half then surely we’d have one by now. Just seems such a random move, it must be Sarri’s recommendation.

22 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Now looking back at Rugani it feels even more puzzling. If we really wanted a new centre half then surely we’d have one by now. Just seems such a random move, it must be Sarri’s recommendation.

I'm kind of hoping that he has seen Ampadu and said to the club, don't worry about Rugani, we've got this covered.

Posted (edited)

May be we should take a look at Kristoffer Ajer from celtic ? Only 20 yo but he’s pretty good, also at 6ft5 he could provide some options from set piece

Edited by TheDonkey

Playing with 2 CB's this season, I really dont see the need for Rugani atm. We are well stocked with CB's currently 

10 hours ago, enigma said:

We should be going for the lad I started a thread about, De Ligt of Ajax.

I will check him out thanks!