Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

6 minutes ago, Ashleyb said:

he’s 25 and been playing at a high standard for a few seasons

He's actually 26 and will be 27 in December.  That aside, he's still a class signing!

4 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

I think that comparing Jorginho to Higuain or Ronaldo shows quite a bit of optimism. Higuain and Ronaldo are/were among the top 5 in their respective roles in the world. Jorginho I doubt is even in the top 20 midfielders in Europe, but that is my opinion having seen him playing live and on TV around 50  games in the last few years but probably you know better. Anyway clearly you are taking it personally  with these  messages about what Juve might or might not have done which is besides the point that Jorginho at 65 is way overpriced.

Chelsea has more often than not bought amazing players  like Kante, Hazard or Alonso at a very good price and I was happy for that because it is my fav English team, but I do not think I am offending anybody if I find surprising this evaluation despite the inflated market values, if Jorginho is worth 65 I expect that anything below 300 for Hazard will be laughed at...

Alonso was not a good signing for a good price at the time. We paid an awful lot for an average defender and he worked well in our system. 

4 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

if Jorginho is worth 65 I expect that anything below 300 for Hazard will be laughed at...

You can't really compare prices of players who play in different positions.  If Jorginho is one of , if not the best deep lying playmaker in the world at the moment then of course we're going to have to pay top dollar for him.  He and Hazard may play in different positions, but it doesn't mean that either one isn't worth the big bucks.  It may seem like a lot of money for a midfielder, but if he's world class then it's the going rate.  We knew this and that's why we got the wallet out.

What is with certain fans, this obsession with player sell-on value!? We've (maybe) purchased a player to improve the squad, not for future profit! If we buy Jorginho for £65m and sell him on in 3/4 years for £5m, then so be it! It's what he does for us in between that matters ffs!
If sell on value we'd just flip Hazard. He was about £35m when we bought him, we'd get £150m at current market prices, that's an insanely good sell-on.

Except he's too good to be sold, so maybe we should be talking about players who are going to win us the league, not make us money in five years time.

You can't really compare prices of players who play in different positions.  If Jorginho is one of , if not the best deep lying playmaker in the world at the moment then of course we're going to have to pay top dollar for him.  He and Hazard may play in different positions, but it doesn't mean that either one isn't worth the big bucks.  It may seem like a lot of money for a midfielder, but if he's world class then it's the going rate.  We knew this and that's why we got the wallet out.
But I wonder who's saying that he's the best playmaker in the world? Seriously he's a good player but he's not even close to being the best in the world, I wondered if you have seen him playing enough. FFS Neapolitan supporters are celebrating because they can't believe how much Chelsea paid and they are notoriously always over evaluating their players
Anyway don't want to keep sounding negative I wish you all the best with sarri and jorginho, whenever we don't cross paths I am always happy when Chelsea wins so hopefully he will help building the team that sarri has in mind which is what counts in the end.

2 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

But I wonder who's saying that he's the best playmaker in the world? emoji16.pngSeriously he's a good player but he's not even close to being the best in the world, I wondered if you have seen him playing enough. FFS Neapolitan supporters are celebrating because they can't believe how much Chelsea paid and they are notoriously always over evaluating their players emoji849.png
Anyway don't want to keep sounding negative I wish you all the best with sarri and jorginho, whenever we don't cross paths I am always happy when Chelsea wins so hopefully he will help building the team that sarri has in mind which is what counts in the end.

Note that I said if he is.  I never claimed to be an expert on him as I don't watch much Italian football.  But if he is as world class as a lot of people are saying then the money we spent is what you have to pay for a quality player these days.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Note that I said if he is.  I never claimed to be an expert on him as I don't watch much Italian football.  But if he is as world class as a lot of people are saying then the money we spent is what you have to pay for a quality player these days.

ah ok sorry did not read carefully :) He is not world class unfortunately and God knows if Italy needed a world class player in that position.

He is a good player like there a few dozens in Europe certainly not worth  that price IMHO. But what counts is that he is worth it for Sarri because he has a key role in his tactics and as you will find out soon enough, Sarri is an excellent tactician on the pitch but he has no plan B, he will rather leave a good player on the bench rather than having to change his tactics that require strict adherence and are based on infinite repetitions that allow the team to be so fast in their transitions that despite the fact that they very predictable they still manage to be effective due to the impeccable and quick execution.

The downside is that at least in Napoli he would play always with the same players and during the season when they are in a down period he has no plan B and drops points (not many anyway if you look at last season). Maybe with Chelsea since he will have better players he will be able to overcome this problem. Key players will be Hazard and Kante that hopefully will  stay put.

Edited by B&Wlegends

9 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

But I wonder who's saying that he's the best playmaker in the world? emoji16.pngSeriously he's a good player but he's not even close to being the best in the world, I wondered if you have seen him playing enough. FFS Neapolitan supporters are celebrating because they can't believe how much Chelsea paid and they are notoriously always over evaluating their players emoji849.png

I think what seems to be lost on a lot of non Chelsea fans is that Chelsea in theory paid 57m for Jorginho. Which is still more than City were offering but still reasonable in this market for that quality. The extra 8m was just Sarri's release clause which we'd been haggling over. It was a way for both sides to come out looking like winners. Basically an ego competition. ADL got to prove to his fans in Naples that he's an astute business man and will only accept top dollar for his players and the Chelsea board get to sort out the manager situation quickly and claim we didn't pay a dime for Sarri while also signing a DLP. We had been in a long, difficult conversation about Sarri with Napoli for 58 days or so. As soon as Roman spoke to ADL and offered to buy Jorginho as well, the situation was sorted out in about 3-5 days. I hope that helps you understand it better.

6 hours ago, B&Wlegends said:

ah ok sorry did not read carefully :) He is not world class unfortunately and God knows if Italy needed a world class player in that position.

He is a good player like there a few dozens in Europe certainly not worth  that price IMHO. But what counts is that he is worth it for Sarri because he has a key role in his tactics and as you will find out soon enough, Sarri is an excellent tactician on the pitch but he has no plan B, he will rather leave a good player on the bench rather than having to change his tactics that require strict adherence and are based on infinite repetitions that allow the team to be so fast in their transitions that despite the fact that they very predictable they still manage to be effective due to the impeccable and quick execution.

The downside is that at least in Napoli he would play always with the same players and during the season when they are in a down period he has no plan B and drops points (not many anyway if you look at last season). Maybe with Chelsea since he will have better players he will be able to overcome this problem. Key players will be Hazard and Kante that hopefully will  stay put.

What are your opinions on Higuain in his current state and Rugani?

What are your opinions on Higuain in his current state and Rugani?

Well I already wrote and you might rightfully think that I am biased which might be, but higuain despite all the distrust that he receives for allegedly not being a big games player has been elected for two years in a row Juve MVP that has not happened since del Piero time, the year before joining us he was elected the best serie a player and set the league all time goal record under sarri. I think he is hands down one of the top 5 forwards in the world and probably the most technically gifted. With Juve he has further improved because he has played not only to score but helped the team a lot and has become an offensive playmaker. Look at the games against spurs, Milan or Naples as an example. He has got some bad press because he didn't play well in the finals with Argentina and in the cl with Juve, but he was in good company in those games unfortunately.

Rugani is the best young Italian CB and I really hope he doesn't leave us, again he's another player that sarri knows well. While with Gonzalo might be impossible to avoid his sale due to Ronaldo, with rugani I am sure we will end up regretting it.

Personally don't rate Rugani much. There must be a reason he hasn't broken into that team ahed of their 33+ year old CBs.
Yes the reason is that he had some of the world's best CB in front of him and 33 for a CB is not too old.
Besides it's not even true that he didn't break thru , last season he has been the third most used CB behind Chiellini and benatia. Every year he plays more, that has often been the approach at Juve with young defenders

On 14/07/2018 at 18:18, RIP Mourinho said:

Agreed. I'm saying when he was signed everyone called Chelsea for spending so much on an ex-Sunderland player. If Jorginho becomes as important as Alonso no one will blink an eye at how much we paid for him.

Wasn't it Bolton?

On 13/07/2018 at 08:02, EdinburghBlue said:

I’m assuming they’re probably referring to Stones, Robinho, Aguero, maybe Walker? Not sure we were competiting at the same time for those players but that’s who I think they mean.

I would add Danilo to this list of more recents. If I'm not mistaken, we went for Zappacosta after being rejected by Danilo.