Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He’s like AVB in that he’s the fashionable, in coach at the moment.

Most coaches by the age of 59, if they hadn’t won anything would be viewed as having found their level, not looking to make another step up on the career ladder.

Objectively it’s a strange appointment for Chelsea.

I get saying he hasn’t won things because he’s not been at a big club but he still had cup competitions at Napoli that he didn’t win despite building such an asthetically pleasing, highly praised team.

I’m viewing this with cautious optimism and sincerely hope he gets us playing great football but I want to see us remaining competitive too.

No. The fact that Sarri almost won at Napoli is miracle. You can't understand how much Juve is mafia and De Laurentiis is son of a bitch. 

2 minutes ago, coco said:

Well every single supporter of every single club wants that, but in the mean time whilst we wait, we may, just may, get entertained along the way.

I think FC is justifiably concerned.

We don't want to become the next Arsenal or Liverpool where we supposedly play an entertaining brand of football, but show very little for it in the trophy cabinet.

Your excitement of Sarri is infectious though, and I admire your optimism going forward. Let's hope you're proven correct.

1 minute ago, Jezz said:

I think FC is justifiably concerned.

We don't want to become the next Arsenal or Liverpool where we supposedly play an entertaining brand of football, but show very little for it in the trophy cabinet.

Your excitement of Sarri is infectious though, and I admire your optimism going forward. Let's hope you're proven correct.

To hell with the trophies for now, last season we won the FA cup sure, but everyone was miserable all season with our performances, so winning silverware doesn't make things better unless we are happy with our football.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

To hell with the trophies for now, last season we won the FA cup sure, but everyone was miserable all season with our performances, so winning silverware doesn't make things better unless we are happy with our football.

Winning football games and Trophies trumps entertaining football, it always has done and always will do. That's just the way it is.

the club has built a brand and image spending billions doing so since Roman came in and that was due to being successful. We all want entertaining football sure but the most important thing over anything is we stay competitive in winning major trophies.

hopefully Sarri brings both because if we win nothing he will be out the door just like those before him, our history clearly shows this.

Edited by Chelsbear

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

Winning football games and Trophies trumps entertaining football, it always has done and always will do. That's just the way it is.

the club has built a brand and image spending billions doing so since Roman came in and that was due to being successful. We all want entertaining football sure but the most important thing over anything is we stay competitive in winning major trophies 

Being competitive and entertaining are not polar opposites. It's not one or the other, Sarri will have to find a balance.

I feel like we've all been a bit spoiled these past 15 years with all the trophies that we've won. I actually wouldn't mind trading titles for a more attractive brand of football that has me on the edge of my seat each game for a season or two or three... I believe we can win silverware AND play exciting football at the same time, though. 

I guess time will tell, let's wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, coco said:

I can't say I was unhappy the day we won the FA Cup. Tottenham and Liverpool are regarded as playing entertaining football but they didn't win anything last season. Arsenal were renowned for entertaining football under Wenger, yet their supporters couldn't stop moaning about him for the last five years because they didn't win many trophies and they barely competed for the PL title for the last decade or so.

If the club's objective deviates away from winning trophies, then that's the moment I will seriously question the direction we're taking as a football club.

Football is a results driven business. If Sarri isn't competing for trophies almost immediately, I can't see our board tolerating it for too long even if he's trying to implement a better brand of football on the team.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Being competitive and entertaining are not polar opposites. It's not one or the other, Sarri will have to find a balance.

If he can achieve both outcomes, then we're on a winner.

Playing pretty football is nice but if you win nothing then what was the point? 

Good style or winning trophies aren’t mutually exclusive so you don’t have to argue for one or the other... I’d love for us to do both. History tells us that Sarri can do one but remains to be seen if he can do the other.

Time will tell.

Just now, Raff_Sarrista said:

Don't believe Italian media, Sarri isn't absolutely pure entertaining. First unofficial match?

I'm not expecting a revolutionary change overnight. His style and tactics will take time especially since he is only in the door and pre season is already under way! 

He needs to make a few signings too so this will take a while to see what he can do with us. It's a little frustrating as this could and should have been done months ago giving us the best chance of preparation. 

Welcome Sarri, I hope your time here is a successful one with good football and trophies.

I doubt that, with the players we have in defence and midfield, you'll be able to implement that so called Sarrigoal style of yours, but I hope to enjoy our matches at the Bridge. I hope Chelsea stays competitive and winning trophies, and even better if we play nice to watch football. 

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

I understand it will take time to implement Sarriball so i'm happy with not winning anything next season. I want to see us building a squad and implementing an attractive style. I'll judge Sarri on his second season in charge.

I think the lack of preparation and some players not arriving till after the season starts makes it a tall order this season coming. If he can get us into a CL place that will be an achievement and maybe a domestic cup too. 

I don't think the club expect miricles so soon, same with Jose when he came back.

Welcome Maurizio Sarri. 

I for one am very excited, it's only football at the end of the day, what is the worse that could happen? We start the season like 15/16? 

I don't get why fans are worried about us turning the next arsenal, because that won't happen with roman in charge. 

I'm embracing the change in philosophy, and I'm going to be patient.

Sometimes I feel the fans are impatient ones, not the board.