Sign in to follow this  
DarkMata

Little Fekir

Rumours Gathering on this, probably down to him being left out of the friendly tonight or panic due to the impending transfer window slamming shut.  Seems a popular choice on this forum and doesn't seem like a difficult transfer to pull off.

He's not in the squad because he only started preseason yesterday. I'd be surprised if hazard and co are involved tonight aswell.

There's been some reports from France we are interested though, but I'm not sure whether we would bring in both kovacic and fekir, as I would assume they would both be used in the same position.

Fekir can also play wide, and possibly as a false 9, but with Hazard, Pedro, and Willian, all looking set to stay, I can't see it happening unfortunately.

Liverpool fans are saying he’s definitely available for a transfer, so it shouldn’t be difficult to get it done.

I know it looks like we’re getting Kovacic, but it would make a lot of sense if we sign Fekir as a replacement for Willian and sell him to recoup the money spent on Fekir.

5 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Would have thought it would be him or Kovacic, can't see the board getting both.

Very different qualities to the two.

He's a quality player, no doubt.

I think we need to add another goal scorer to the team.  Kovacic isn't the man for that.  Worryingly at the moment I can only see Hazard getting double figures, hopefully Sarri can get Michy playing like he did at Dortmund.

4 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Fekir is more effective on the wing cutting in or in the number ten imo

That LCM is basically the number 10 of the team. As for wing we'd need to sell one of Willian/Pedro. I'd be happy getting rid of Willian for him but can't see it happening sadly.

3 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

I think we need to add another goal scorer to the team.  Kovacic isn't the man for that.  Worryingly at the moment I can only see Hazard getting double figures, hopefully Sarri can get Michy playing like he did at Dortmund.

Bats is rumoured to be going out on loan again. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Different qualities but imagine they'd both be fighting it out for that LCM role. 

Fekir is much more of a forward. Would take Willian/Pedro spot which I don't mind as Fekir is much better then them and offers a lot more goals. He is like Hazard but is a better goalscorer and a worse dribbler.

With talk of Michy possibly going on loan to Sevilla (not a fan of that at all, but anyways), it may be that Fekir would be brought in to play as a striker. Would seem odd though considering he's never played as an out and out striker as far as I am aware. 

I can't remember the last left footed wide attacking player we had that was decent, probably Malouda? Only seen bits and bobs of this guy, but having somebody who can play wide right who can cut in on his left foot would be awesome to go with what we already have on the left hand side (Hazard/CHO).

I remain hopeful but I'm guessing we will be linked with a number of names in the next couple days, most of which are probably made up by the media.

We need both a kovacic and an attacker. Haven’t seen much of femur but his goal scoring record in France is ok. 

If we somehow get Fekir in and Kovacic (albeit on loan) it'll suddenly look like a pretty decent transfer window.  The keeper problem is still an issue, and I highly doubt we'll land someone like Kepa and instead get Butland, but the first team won't look so bad.

Butland

Azpi - Luiz - Rudiger - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Kovacic

Fekir - Morata - Hazard

That's far from being the train wreck we think we're in at the moment.  Of course we would have to land those players, but a first team like that is some what realistic, even at this late stage of the transfer window.

Posted (edited)

Just reading up. 

Fekir, who also had Osgood-Schlatter disease (a painful growth beneath the knee), didn't let the blow affect him.

somehow the osgood part seems propitios

Edited by ozboy

8 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Seems to be a lot of buzz about him signing today but not necessarily seen any solid links? 

If we are interested, I think we would be trying to keep this one well under the radar, incase Liverpool come back in for him. 

Liverpool had the deal done upto and including filming him with the shirt and doing a LFC TV iunterview.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/971442/Nabil-Fekir-transfer-news-Liverpool-picture-online

They pulled the plug over an issue with his knee they found in the medical and they were rumoured to be going back in with a much lower offer to Lyon because of it.

Last time Liverpool had an issue with Medical and said no, we ended up signing Remy from under theor noses, so we could easily do the same here.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Delnino said:

Liverpool had the deal done upto and including filming him with the shirt and doing a LFC TV iunterview.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/971442/Nabil-Fekir-transfer-news-Liverpool-picture-online

They pulled the plug over an issue with his knee they found in the medical and they were rumoured to be going back in with a much lower offer to Lyon because of it.

Last time Liverpool had an issue with Medical and said no, we ended up signing Remy from under theor noses, so we could easily do the same here.

Yeah and look how well that went...this guy has Osgood Schattlers disease or apophysitis of the tibial tubercle, it's normally a childhood issue but clearly he's condition has lasted into adulthood. That being said, he has played two full seasons in the last two seasons...

Edited by doctorblue