Sign in to follow this  
DarkMata

Little Fekir

9 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Think we dodged a bullet not signing him.

Just doesn't have the pace to be a top player in his position, and a history of knee injuries doesn't bode well. Everything about him screams Mata to me, good player but just not good enough.

Wait what? I'm sure Mata was probably the best number 10 in the league with us. Helped us win two European cups too. How is that not good enough?

11 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Just doesn't have the pace to be a top player in his position, and a history of knee injuries doesn't bode well. Everything about him screams Mata to me, good player but just not good enough.

I think Fekir is a good player, but doesn't really fit our system. He isn't a striker, and the other positions are filled. If we sell Pedro or Willian in January, then maybe we'll go in for him again possibly. 

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

I'd still prefer to go for Bailey in jan, Fekir is good but i think Bailey would add more to our team

Are Leverkusen playing in Europe at all?  Might make Bailey the easier one to get if they aren’t. But his dad is a piece of work, from the sounds of it and has some pretty outrageous demands.

Honestly, with Fekir I was hoping they would do something similar to what Liverpool did with Keita last year. Sign him, but since we couldn't get it done before the window closed but set it for next season. I would say for January but I would think Lyon wouldn't want to have him leave in the middle of the season. That's what I was hoping for but I would love to see Fekir in Chelsea blue.1

7 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Wait what? I'm sure Mata was probably the best number 10 in the league with us. Helped us win two European cups too. How is that not good enough?

Wasn't Mata Premier League player of the year one of those years, as well?

1 minute ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Wasn't Mata Premier League player of the year one of those years, as well?

I actually looked this up and I was wrong, he wasn't but he was still quality and I hated when we sold him to United.

3 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Are Leverkusen playing in Europe at all?  Might make Bailey the easier one to get if they aren’t. But his dad is a piece of work, from the sounds of it and has some pretty outrageous demands.

They are in the europa league with us

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Just doesn't have the pace to be a top player in his position, and a history of knee injuries doesn't bode well. Everything about him screams Mata to me, good player but just not good enough.

Mata is not a bad comparison SC. I saw that as a positive though!

The one difference is Fekir's work off the ball is better,  he presses more effectively. Which sadly is what did Mata in here.

Edited by Spiller86

54 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Mata was one of the greatest ‘in the hole’ midfielders we’ve had.

His passing was absolutely breathtaking sometimes and even to this day, it still makes me mad we’ve sold him to United.

Completely wrong team and wrong manager. Wasted his career.

Amazing Jose wouldn't give him chances

Untitled.jpg

Problem with that Fekir is not sure he works in our system. He is not a midfielder and not really a RW either. He plays in the role behind striker from what I can gather. 

14 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Amazing Jose wouldn't give him chances

Untitled.jpg

Those stats for that season were incredible. 35 assists!! That isn't something you see very often. What makes it even more incredible is when you look at who he had in front of him.......Fernando Torres. 

22 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Those stats for that season were incredible. 35 assists!! That isn't something you see very often. What makes it even more incredible is when you look at who he had in front of him.......Fernando Torres. 

Put it in perspective... Remember Fabregas, the genius when he first signed for us? Got sh*t loads of assists, 18 assists in the league on his first season, and 3 goals. He was playing with Diego Costa.

Mata on the other hand, got 17 assists and 11 goals. He was playing with Fernando Torres.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

To bad jose didn't keep the attacking talent he inherited

Lukaku

Hazard     Mata   De Bruyne