coco

Chelsea V Cardiff (PL) Sat 15th Sep 15:00 UK

We gotta make sure this is 3 points.

However we should be able to do that with rotation.

Kepa

Zappa

Cahill

Christensen

Emerson

Jorginho 

RLC

barkely 

Pedro

Giroud 

Hazard

I am loathed to leave alonso out but looking to play the long game for the season.

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

We gotta make sure this is 3 points.

However we should be able to do that with rotation.

Kepa

Zappa

Cahill

Christensen

Emerson

Jorginho 

RLC

barkely 

Pedro

Giroud 

Hazard

I am loathed to leave alonso out but looking to play the long game for the season.

Why would we need to rotate? We will do that for Europa. That team would be asking for trouble, even against Cardiff.

4 hours ago, Argo said:

Why would we need to rotate? We will do that for Europa. That team would be asking for trouble, even against Cardiff.

If there is a premier league game we should be able to rotate and still win it is Cardiff at home 

57 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If there is a premier league game we should be able to rotate and still win it is Cardiff at home 

Not to that extent, we did that at home to the whipping boys before and got turned over.

Nor do I expect sarri to do it. Though I would argue that defense would be no worse than our current back 4 nor is Barkley and downgrade on an unfit kova. Only real downgrade is no kante and alonso.

I'm all for rotating a small bit but one thing I'm sure of is that Luiz needs to be taken out of that starting XI for Christensen ASAP.

He nearly cost us against Bournemouth with 2 terrible pieces of play, losing it on the half way line and a few mins later allowing Wilson a free jolly into the box.

He was at fault at the near post against Newcastle and there was a good few cut backs at his near post against Arsenal too, his passing range is fantastic but its not worth the risk he posses to the back line with his brain farts.

I'd go with for the Cardiff game

Kepa

Azp Ruidger Christensen Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Christensen is a better defender than Luiz and is very good on the ball anyway.

Pedro is levels above Willian.

Giroud is a better CF to have on when a team parks the bus, we can go long to him if needs be and he can bring others into the game.

I can see some team getting a hammering from this Chelsea side and Cardiff could be it, the international break might kill some momentum but lets be honest, a home tie against a relegation side, we couldn't have cherry picked a better first game back.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Cardiff

Will be a danger game being the first game after the International break, I expect a couple of changes due to player fitness or injuries, can't predict a team until the Internation games are over. We will get 80% of the ball, that's a given.

If Chelsea want to assert themselves back into a Champions League place then we shouldn't really dropping points to a newly promoted team. Although with it being after an international break there may be a few issues 3 points is what we should get.

Cardiff will pack the defence, as will most of the teams outside of the top 6 when they come here; I think this will be a 'groundhog day' effect similar to the Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth games...being patient :PopcornSmileys: with us having 80% possession finding it difficult in the final 3rd , until we eventually score.....only one winner here and that will be the team in blue...and I don't mean Cardiff.

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Nor do I expect sarri to do it. Though I would argue that defense would be no worse than our current back 4 nor is Barkley and downgrade on an unfit kova. Only real downgrade is no kante and alonso.

Actually taking Kova out for anyone of the bench options will be a massive downgrade at the minute, even a half fit Kova. He covers for Alonso's forays forward so well, without him there's a serious danger of "those" 15 minutes vs Arsenal repeating themselves.

Brazil play 3 days before this in their homeland so i can't see Willian starting if he's playing that far away before hand. 

Kepa

Azpi  Rudiger  Luiz  Alonso

Jorginho

Kante      Barkley

Pedro   Morata   Hazard

Giroud on in the 50th if Morata is still sh*t.

I wouldnt start Willian regardless.

Pedro is a better footballer, Willian is nothing but a pace merchant.

Although I will say, I dont care who plays or how well they play as long as we win games.

25 minutes ago, Delnino said:

Willian is nothing but a pace merchant.

Ha ha ha!  that has to be one of the most silly statements I've seen in here for many a long year, and really did make me laugh out loud.  It is really up there with @Nibs saying that there really WAS a great striker in Kezman, we just had to be patient.

Don't ever recall backing Kezman @yorkleyblue. Chris Sutton on the other hand - he was so close to coming good when we offloaded him to Celtic!

I do kind of agree with Delnino though. Willian, bit of a one-trick pony. Seems to be the sort of player who needs to be wound up before kick-off to get more out of him. In the old days he'd have been getting some ralgex in his jock-strap.

14 hours ago, big blue said:

Giroud in for morata, and pedro in for Willian. Other than that, same team.

I would still start with Morata and keep Giroud as the sub.

Thats what Morata wants to be, not the super sub but the first option and this is the opportunity for him, if he fails to deliver then Sarri should take into account his performance after 5 games.

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Thats what Morata wants to be, not the super sub but the first option and this is the opportunity for him, if he fails to deliver then Sarri should take into account his performance after 5 games.

Can't argue with that. I like giroud as an impact sub, but if he keeps influencing games more than morata, he should start on merit.

7 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I would give Morata one go.........I have him in my Fantasy Football team and can't make anymore transfers so I need him to start :biggrin:

Just thought i'd note than in his post match interview vs Arsenal Warnock said he was going to have a go at teams this season, his logic being if he sat back against Arsenal he would have lost 3-0 anyway so why not have a go?

He may make an exception for us, but thought i'd put it out there.

No No and No!!!! 

You do not rotate like that in ANY Premier League game. Look how awful Newcastle have been and were basically always in the game against City. You play your best side in every league game. Cannot afford to take risks, we aren't head and shoulders above anyone to do that .

Edited by KonaKai Blue