coco

Chelsea V Cardiff (PL) Sat 15th Sep 15:00 UK

A bit weird to heap praise on a striker who's hardly scored recently, but Giroud is the perfect strike partner for guys like Griezmann and Hazard. His footballing ability, intelligence and general awareness are all highly underrated by a lot of people, who see him as little more than an exotic Peter Crouch, but he is an excellent footballer. Morata was seen as the 'ball playing' option, but I think Giroud has proved that wrong. However, I'm sure we'd all love it even more if he could chip in with a few goals soon! 

Hazard was on another level today, really great to see him playing how he has done this season. Unstoppable, and getting his second ever hat-trick was great. Also, the way he celebrated in front of their fans, tapping the badge, was hilarious :biggrin:::ChELSeAFaN::

As for everyone else, comfortable enough but a little too casual at times. If we could just play like we're 1-0 down from the start, we'd be OK! Very happy to be 5 for 5 with only 2 other teams, something not to be sniffed at with a new manager. Tougher tests to come, but I look forward to seeing how we progress!

Edited by Remy10

A decent win, but I am still worried how wobbly we look defensively; as yet no real opponents to really gauge how good or bad we are at the back......and if it wasn't for Hazard oh where would we be?  Some tough fixtures coming up, so perhaps we will have a better understanding of where we are by the end of October.

We are confident, we're coming closer to tougher opponents but I'm pretty sure we will be there to win also. 

Sarri is demanding us to attack, he plays the perfect football our best players like Hazard, Willian, Jorginho and even Giroud without scoring has put a great performance.

Can't wait for the next games, this season is just interesting! COME ON CHELS!!!

32 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

A decent win, but I am still worried how wobbly we look defensively; as yet no real opponents to really gauge how good or bad we are at the back......and if it wasn't for Hazard oh where would we be?  Some tough fixtures coming up, so perhaps we will have a better understanding of where we are by the end of October.

The manager has also mentioned this, we will be working on this in training and given we are still learning his methods and will only get more settled as the season goes on.

So why can't we just enjoy that we are 5 from 5 and top of the table, despite being in the process of a bedding in period, following a world cup disrupted pre-season in a season where we weren't expected to challenge.   

Other news we already 6 points ahead of Tottenham and Arsenal.

Not the best performance, but a comfortable win, Hazard is on fire and I’m loving Giroud’s link up play, which is why for me he has to start games. Defence is still a worry, I love Luiz but he’s the main concern, Sarri likes him, but I can’t see why he won’t give Christensen a go. 

We’re creating a lot of chances and that’s great, just not sure where the goals will come from if Haz/Pedro and maybe Willian aren’t sticking them away, think maybe Kova and Barkley need to start taking a few chances, Kova should have scored, hit it too low. 

Yes yes we are all happy for important 3pts at home........but man I just dont like our defence. We have good defenders all over but my man luiz should be nowhere near that back four.  Luiz should have costed us a few pts already and it just do not get better with him.......must we get torn apart before we react? Zonal marking is bound to f**k us up too........we like what we are seeing but im betting some big team will paste us good come soon with these flaws. Im really hoping Sarri is flexible, cuz you cant game like we do against every team.

13 minutes ago, atomis said:

Yes yes we are all happy for important 3pts at home........but man I just dont like our defence. We have good defenders all over but my man luiz should be nowhere near that back four.  Luiz should have costed us a few pts already and it just do not get better with him.......must we get torn apart before we react? Zonal marking is bound to f**k us up too........we like what we are seeing but im betting some big team will paste us good come soon with these flaws. Im really hoping Sarri is flexible, cuz you cant game like we do against every team.

Bold statement and deserves to be called up as it is beyond the extreme.

How? What mistakes has he made that should have cost us points? how many mistakes have gone unpunished? as far as i can tell his mistakes bar maybe one (which was covered by Kante) we were punished for and didn't lose points.

Also is it fair to disregard the positives and the fact that his ability on the ball will add to our attacking phase and may therefore be responsible for winning us points.

Is Luiz in our defence any more error prone than say Liverpool's or City's or even Madrid's or Barca's I'd say no. Sometimes to play attacking football you have to sometimes leave space.

Try and enjoy the attacking football.  

Edited by PedroMendez

Pretty good performance. But in fairness, Defence will cost us vs "real" good teams ... But anyway, 3 pts in the bag in another ultra dominant performance. Can't complain about that !

Edited by Londonisblue

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

We will find out against dippers I guess ... Pretty sure that a good display of sarriball vs them, regardless of the final result, will definitely put us in a good position to fight for podium and even, although very early in the season, for the PL title. A win without espcially displaying sarriball will of course put us in a somewhat similar position although I'll be much less convinced of our title aspirations / podium aspirations if we were to win by using the good old counter attack formula / parking the bus routine ...

Edited by Londonisblue

Great atmosphere in the ground, especially the usual MHL fans, stood shoulder to shoulder with my grandson and a couple of 60yo?? women, all of us singing and shouting and having a laugh, my grandson was amazed that women of that age were screaming at the ref he was a w**ker, we had a laugh about it on the way home anyway :laugh2:

Good solid win again. Setting ourselves up nicely, 6 points clear of Spuds, United and Arsenal in the top four race so early on. 

Hazard sublime, Giroud and Pedro great. Only question marks come at the back, I may be being super harsh here but I thought Kepa could have come for the cross on their goal.

But it seems our approach will be simply to score more goals and win anyway despite our dodgy defence. Looking forward to our match against Liverpool in a couple of weeks. Then we'll get a real sense of where we are.

16 hours ago, AlexTommo said:

Last time we played Cardiff at home we went 1 - 0 down due to a D. Luiz cock up and Hazard got 2 goals that day. This has 4 - 1 written all over it.

Next week Friday is a £110m super jackpot for Euro Millions. Please message me with the numbers and then I will go half and half. £55m for both of us each :JC_doubleup:

16 hours ago, Remy10 said:

A bit weird to heap praise on a striker who's hardly scored recently, but Giroud is the perfect strike partner for guys like Griezmann and Hazard. His footballing ability, intelligence and general awareness are all highly underrated by a lot of people, who see him as little more than an exotic Peter Crouch, but he is an excellent footballer. Morata was seen as the 'ball playing' option, but I think Giroud has proved that wrong. However, I'm sure we'd all love it even more if he could chip in with a few goals soon! 

Hazard was on another level today, really great to see him playing how he has done this season. Unstoppable, and getting his second ever hat-trick was great. Also, the way he celebrated in front of their fans, tapping the badge, was hilarious :biggrin:::ChELSeAFaN::

As for everyone else, comfortable enough but a little too casual at times. If we could just play like we're 1-0 down from the start, we'd be OK! Very happy to be 5 for 5 with only 2 other teams, something not to be sniffed at with a new manager. Tougher tests to come, but I look forward to seeing how we progress!

Totally agree about Giroud, he suits the system well and compliments the players around him, no coincidence that we are seeing more goals from Hazard. Kind of similar to what Benzema does with Ronaldo. Just think how much better Sanchez played alongside him as opposed to Lukaku.

11 hours ago, coco said:

Great atmosphere in the ground, especially the usual MHL fans, stood shoulder to shoulder with my grandson and a couple of 60yo?? women, all of us singing and shouting and having a laugh, my grandson was amazed that women of that age were screaming at the ref he was a w**ker, we had a laugh about it on the way home anyway :laugh2:

Some of the worst potty mouths I've been stood with have been women in their golden years, its always brilliant seeing people's faces when a grey haired esteemed looking lady goes apesh*t on a ref or lino ha ha. Though my favourite thing I ever heard at the Bridge was in the MHL, a very elegant looking lady got so wound up she shouted, in a very posh voice "BOO REFEREE, ABSOLUTELY BOOOOOO!". 

15 minute breakdown on Liverpool and Tottenham’s 2-1 game.

Chelsea 4-1, hatrick, top of the league, new manager 5 in a row, said hazard looks good, did a little bit about him as an individual and as for Chelsea, wait for it...”Chelsea looking strong too” to which the answer was “yep.” On to our next match....

3 f**king words. I know the media don’t like us but they have to be taking the piss aren't they?