coco

Chelsea V Cardiff (PL) Sat 15th Sep 15:00 UK

1 minute ago, CFCCAN said:

City 2 up already.....didn't expect much else really...need to get our heads together here...still long way to go yet...don't panic

Fulham have been dreadful though, so no surprise. People were saying they would do well, but so far have been poor. 

2 minutes ago, Londonisblue said:

sh*t happens guys ! football is not logical. Plus, the sheepshaggers are having everything in their way ! their gk is having the day of his life. But I'm confindent we will thrash them 5-1 or something. Just need a goal before HT though and we're back in it !

We always struggle against mid-lower teams who are technically inept but will bully us around the park.  No doubt they will tire as the game gets into the 2nd half, lets hope we don't give up a silly 2nd goal though or we could be f**ked.

Refs in this league are so stupid. It's obvious when players are faking it and wasting time, Cardiff have been doing it with every chance they can get. Just look at their set pieces and goal kicks, they are taking longer to take than usual.

Just now, CFCCAN said:

We always struggle against mid-lower teams who are technically inept but will bully us around the park.  No doubt they will tire as the game gets into the 2nd half, lets hope we don't give up a silly 2nd goal though or we could be f**ked.

last season indeed was terrible regarding this. even the 2017 winning title season we had a lot of scare vs this kind of teams. But I believe we have the talent to turn things around. However, we can't carry on with bang average players on the wings ... Nothing against Pedro, Willian and Alonso, but they seem to have hit the glass ceiling imo in terms of potential and talent.

Remember that winning 5 games in a row is extremely difficult with the current state of the PL unless you're City... or us with a new system and no Europe in midweek !

Edited by Londonisblue

Maybe its me.....but apart from playing further up the pitch and pressing a bit more, what changes have actually been made since Sarri came?  Pressing has made us weaker defensively IMO as the defenders are further up the park, we still are in the habit of passing backwards and sideways and we still look bereft of ideas in the final 3rd.  I thought Sarri ball was all about one touch football, free flowing etc and apart from this bit of brilliance from Hazard...what has actually changed...?