Sign in to follow this  
Gol15

Eminem Kamikaze album

I'm a life-long Eminem fan.

Kamikaze was a nice surprise, I like the Ringer, Greatest, Lucky You and Good Guy from the album. The rest of the tracks are meh. Overall I think I preferred Revival tbh.

Nothing will top the Marshall Mathers LP or the Eminem Show though. Monumental albums. The best rapper who ever lived

Edited by Blueblur

52 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

I'm a life-long Eminem fan.

Kamikaze was a nice surprise, I like the Ringer, Greatest, Lucky You and Good Guy from the album. The rest of the tracks are meh. Overall I think I preferred Revival tbh.

Nothing will top the Marshall Mathers LP or the Eminem Show though. Monumental albums. The best rapper who ever lived

With all due respect to what you said, I think this is going to overcome Revival very easy though, in my eyes it's much harder than most other albums in the last years, I also think that this should put Joyner Lucas where he belongs cause he's underrated.

The Eminem show and the first M. Mathers LP was way too long ago this is why Kamikaze feels so powerful the top albums are those you said for sure but Kamikaze can be right after those 2 albums IMHO

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

What's the difference between Rap and Hip-Hop?

Personally I don't see a difference I said hip hop I could have said rap as well I use it loose.

On 12/09/2018 at 05:50, Zeta said:

What's the difference between Rap and Hip-Hop?

Rap is a subcategory of the subculture of Hip Hop.

Hip Hop is actually more a culture than a genre of music.

In terms of how Brits might understand, my mom speaks a lot of her growing up in inner London and in her teens there being Mods and Rockers.  This might not be the best comparison, but as I understand it the Mods and Rockers listened to certain types of music, but their areas of subculture were a lot more than music.  It was their dress, mannerisms, how they dance, their slang etc etc.

That's Hip Hop. Slang types, dancing types (break dancing etc), how they dress, etc etc all falls under Hip Hop whilst rap is just music.

To further confuse, personally I also refer to gangster rap as Rap (think NWA orWCC) and the rap that focus's on life whether it's the struggle or the good stuff as Hip Hop (think Tribe Called Quest or Outkast)....obviously theres a lot of "Rap" that falls outside these categorizes or falls into both (or more) of those categories.

But basically if you have to define on the spot the difference between Rap and Hip Hop, I think your best bet is : HipHop is a whole subculture and Rap is the music prominent within that subculture.

Please, other people with a better understanding, feel free to chime in and correct me where wrong......sorry for the lengthy (slightly redundant) yet not too informative reply.

13 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

But basically if you have to define on the spot the difference between Rap and Hip Hop, I think your best bet is : HipHop is a whole subculture and Rap is the music prominent within that subculture.

True but rap is the main and biggest part of the culture, it's mostly there where all the other happenings actually happen, where the slag comes out, dances come out and so on and so on...That's why I said that to me it's like talking about the same thing, unless we talk about maybe graffiti...