Zeta

Something went wrong. Please try again. Error code: EX145

12 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’ve had no outlet to say how sh*t Morata has been...

Hahaha this was exactly what I was doing, tried to get on to the site to make a derogatory remark about him but panicked when I saw the error code! 

Is anybody else seeing this dodgy looking banner at the bottom of the page? I noticed it for the first time this morning so was wondering if it might have been related to the crash last night. I get it on both Chrome for Windows and mobile Safari. I can get rid of it using the block element feature of Adblock Plus but it just doesn't seem like it's supposed to be there.

image.png.95c78b297015ded8181d2f9aae6757b7.png

To be honest FC, it's basically at a point of trying everything to keep the site going (yea, I know, even red banners for a few days).

We would need to move servers on renewal in January, and have sort of 'been done' by the hosting company for next years hosting. I know every year, members chip in to keep it all going but the costs from January 19 are crazy. The company have since 'changed hands' and we would need to 'change to their new server'. Donations and revenue won't even come close.

I know people will say just go to another company, but we've had a deal with the last company for years since the forum pretty much began. The deal was that we are getting a significantly large and powerful server for a fraction of the usual price. No other company could give us the same server at the same rate.

Time will tell what happens.

@Mod Stark thanks for the reply and the honesty.

After posting on the forum for a number of years it would be gutting if the site could no longer sustain itself, if there is anything I or the other forum members can do to help find solutions let us know.

8 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

To be honest FC, it's basically at a point of trying everything to keep the site going (yea, I know, even red banners for a few days).

We would need to move servers on renewal in January, and have sort of 'been done' by the hosting company for next years hosting. I know every year, members chip in to keep it all going but the costs from January 19 are crazy. The company have since 'changed hands' and we would need to 'change to their new server'. Donations and revenue won't even come close.

I know people will say just go to another company, but we've had a deal with the last company for years since the forum pretty much began. The deal was that we are getting a significantly large and powerful server for a fraction of the usual price. No other company could give us the same server at the same rate.

Time will tell what happens.

It's possible I might be able to help. Server setup/admin is one of the things I do, i've setup and managed lots of servers, including small web game servers with up to 100+ requests per second at peak times.

What sort of specs is your current server? What is the usage like? (If you got a deal on a good server, it's likely you don't need as much as you have). What's the cost? Are you also paying for management/backups/etc...?

Edited by Zeta

Don’t want to advertise but I have been using another football forum for years and their servers are great. It’s more of a general football forum with premier league, championship, all the way down to conference so naturally they have a lot more users. Perhaps more users mean they can afford to run the site without many adverts.

I can PM them and see what servers they use if you like? This site is great anyway, the only minor downside is the adverts, but I understand the reasons.