Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shammy feen

Hypothetical deal: Cudicini + Cash for Micah Richards

Cudicini + Cash for Micah Richards?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • No, I want Alves
    • No, I want Belletti

I think it would a great deal, Richards is so young, great cover for our RB position, but I doubt City would let him go, even for great GK.

Together with Frank they`ve made a nice combination yesterday....

No.

Micah is a fine player, but I really fail to see what he would add that would be so diferent/better to what we already have.

you didn't see the Utd game on sunday or the international last night?

I did see the City-Utd integrally. He was excelent - as Center back. The international no.

I will repeat. Micah is a fine fine player, but what has he got that is SOOOO diferent or better then what we already have ?

And even if he did...would it be worth a mere ? 1000000 M ?

Guest Brian M

Yes. Carlo deserves to play week in week out, he's a world class keeper who, three seasons ago, was the best keeper in the EPL.

Yes, Richards has the posibility to be another Gallas in a couple of years (without the low IQ).

However, I think with the loss of Robben we need to add Alves who offers more going forward.

But, if we do go for Richards, let's give them Glen Johnson and Carlo.

No.

Micah is a fine player, but I really fail to see what he would add that would be so diferent/better to what we already have.

I did see the City-Utd integrally. He was excelent - as Center back. The international no.

I will repeat. Micah is a fine fine player, but what has he got that is SOOOO diferent or better then what we already have ?

Well he looks better at right back than what we have. I know he isn't the finished article but I can guarantee that he will be a better player than GJ - in fact he already is. He offers a lot more going forward than Paulo. Defensively he may be a little naive but he has the athleticism to get himself out of trouble. He can also cover in central defence and in the longer term move there to partner JT. Physically he is a fine specimen and he has pace to burn. I think he would be a good buy.

No.

Well he looks better at right back than what we have. I know he isn't the finished article but I can guarantee that he will be a better player than GJ - in fact he already is. He offers a lot more going forward than Paulo. Defensively he may be a little naive but he has the athleticism to get himself out of trouble. He can also cover in central defence and in the longer term move there to partner JT. Physically he is a fine specimen and he has pace to burn. I think he would be a good buy.

Pretty good description there. To sum it up. He's an V 2.0 of Glen. Can play as RB or even as CB.

But thats my point exactly. I though (?) we were going after someone that could give us something diferent. An attacking skilled full-back a la Cafu (for instance). Besides he'll have an astronomic price tag.

No.

Pretty good description there. To sum it up. He's an V 2.0 of Glen. Can play as RB or even as CB.

But thats my point exactly. I though (?) we were going after someone that could give us something diferent. An attacking skilled full-back a la Cafu (for instance). Besides he'll have an astronomic price tag.

No no. What he gives us is a right back who can defend - not the same as GJ. He also gives us height and strength, something we don't have in that position and which Jose really likes. He can also go forward effectively. I don't really see the value of someone who can only go forward but can't defend.