Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maksimov

Iniesta...

I haven't heard anything either but I wouldn't mind seing him here. He's a very good player. A bit like Guddy.

The only thing I don't quite understand is how a man living in a warm place such as Spain can be so bloody white. Albinos are more tanned than him icon_eek.gif

I agree geezer, I believe he is one of their top top players, and have seen him run the MF show more then a few times this year. That said, I believe he is Barca born and bred? NO chance of coming here I would imagine.

Could Henk Ten Cate have an influence since they know each other?

I think so. Might be one of the reasons why we got Ten Cate in the first place. He knows alot of players. We could use him to lure big names to Chelsea.

The question is if it will be enough to get Iniesta. I think he likes playing for Barcelona and isn't he well-liked there?

My old man has just told me that it's been on Setanta News channel that we're preparing a bid in for him, no more details than that.

Just seen this on Wikipedia:

His current contract with FC Barcelona ends in June of 2010.[2] On July 19th he was linked with a move to rivals Real Madrid. Reports in newspapers suggested Real was prepared to pay 60 million euros for him [3] which would trigger his release clause. However, he reiterated his desire to remain with Barça by saying "I can’t do anything about it but I’d like to insist once again that I want to stay here. When I say I want to retire in Barça, I say it with all my heart."

would you prefer we went for Iniesta or do you think Xavi would suit the Premiership better?

It's a great question. I think both would fit into the Premiership with slightly different qualities. I think Iniesta has a little more pace about him which may help him adjust quicker but they are both 'thinking' footballers which would enable them to fit into most leagues.