Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loz

Robben's career at Real to be short lived?

Just got an e-mail from a friend of mine in Madrid (well not actually in Madrid but close by) who said that their are growing rumours that Robben may be 'allowed' to leave Real sooner rather than later although it is not thought he will be going anywhere in this transfer window - more likely in the summer.

I'd have him back tomorrow

Likewise - a fully fit Robben is one of the best, if not the best, left wingers in the game and a 75% fit Robben is still better than most.

Unfortunately he struggled to stay 75% fit!!

I'd take a half fit Robben over most wingers anyday. Downside is that we will constantly be frustrated that he is never fit and when he is we would constantly be dreaming of a return to the form in his debut season, which will probably never happen for the lad.

if we take him back, we`ll have to build the medical staff up. give him a couple of physios of his own. unfortunately robben and duff are both the same. excellent on form and fit, but it very rarely happens.

Largely I agree with the 'never go back' line when a player is getting nearer the end of his career (which is why I think a Guddy return may not be such a good idea - although he is only 29 which is hardly ancient), hell Soxy came back at that age) however Robben is still only 23 and he would be returning to a club which may well encourage him to play the game his way more than Jose did.

I see no reason why it couldn't work out (with injuries always being the obvious risk)

I'd have him back tomorrow

So would I. Him and Gordon Durie. And Mikael Forssell.

With those three back on our books we wouldn't need a physio's room. We'd have to build an Accident and Emergency Dept!

Given the formation we play (4-3-3) I think we are desperately short of out and out wingers and usually end up putting players out there that really wish they were playing centrally (SWP, J.Cole, even Malouda to an extent), yes I would take Robben back.

However, assume we decide to play more narrow (which is something i've seen Grant trending towards and IMO rightfully so given our personnell) bringing Robben back might not be such a crash hot idea.

Guest Brian M

If he goes anywhere it'll be to Juve, where he will be in for a shot for Best Actor at the Toscars (Italian Oscars). Though let's face it, he'll be up against some stiff competition over there! icon_wink.gif

Never go back is something I agree with as a rule. But every rule has an exception. But the only exception I can think of at the sec is Guddy.

If he goes anywhere it'll be to Juve, where he will be in for a shot for Best Actor at the Toscars (Italian Oscars). Though let's face it, he'll be up against some stiff competition over there! icon_wink.gif

Never go back is something I agree with as a rule. But every rule has an exception. But the only exception I can think of at the sec is Guddy.

We don't need him at Juve. We've got enough injured players as it is.

Guddy would in no way help our cause

although he was a great player, I think that it would be foolish to sign him back. Malouda has not been given a chance to prove himself yet and I would rather try and give him a chance than bring back Robben. I think that he will go on to another club.

He was a great palyer on his day, but he also disappeared in some big games. remember him bricking it when we went out on penalties ( was that in the CL against Liverpool?) and then taking our first one...shooting it straight into the keeper

Scott

Realistically, Real would want at least 10 mil for him - as they paid us 20+ mil less than 12 months ago.

And, however skillfull his is on his day, 10 million for an injury-plagued player would not be a good deal on our part.

Maybe if we could structure some kind of a deal based on appearances it might work - but I doubt Real would agree to anything like that.

If we could land him for around 10 million pounds, then i'd consider that a good deal and a risk worth taking. That said, I think the fee would be much much closer to 20 million if not more.

even if we COULD get him back, I wouldnt ever WANT him back. Look at the facts

-Lacked a healthy attitude

-Petulant, moody, both on pitch and in public when not selected or subbed

-Injured....all the time

-was lightweight, and got roughed up regularly

somehow the fact that the guy could show a moment of brilliance by ripping Blackburn's defense to shreds and scoring a wonder goal doesnt offset that for me

I think the place that he would be a good fit would be Milan. They have some great attacking players now with Pato and Kaka, and they have a freakishly good physio team that keeps their players fit. Maybe with that kind of consistent fitness he could finally take the step to that "next level"

Not in the least bit interested in having him back. I want players who want to play week in week out and he quite clearly wasn't able to/didn't want to.

Simple as that really.

not a chance. dont want him back here. he lost any support i had the day he wanted to come off against the dippers after a little kick when we were struggling for players. fantastic player. no heart.