Milan target Chelsea Striker

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I wonder how much RA paid for this face saving gesture

We paid Crespo's wage to play for them for a year.....£30m has gone their way so far, but it's always nice to have a European prime minister on side, aint it Roman icon_wink.gif

I think Pato got some pretty unfair press for the Arsenal game as well. He is still a very young lad in his first season in European football and the service to him was diabolical for the whole game. There were a couple of moments where his talent shone through.

If this happened I couldnt say I would be upset. The Sheva experiment has been a failure all around, I dont think there is any corner to turn for the guy's form.

I wonder how much RA paid for this face saving gesture

We paid Crespo's wage to play for them for a year.....£30m has gone their way so far, but it's always nice to have a European prime minister on side, aint it Roman icon_wink.gif

In all seriousness, I wonder if the Crespo situation might be a mitigating factor. What could we reasonably expect back? 15? Whatever it is its gonna sting.

Maybe it will be a package deal. Drogba and Sheva together for 40 million. That would save a little face

Pato went missing for most of the match, he shouldn't have started. He's much better in the Serie A. He is too young, still needs time before he plays in the champions league. Pls he could hardly get the ball due to inzaghi being offsides or Milan not being able to make a full pass. i think kak had somewhere around 39% passes completed, maybe lower.

I think Pato got some pretty unfair press for the Arsenal game as well. He is still a very young lad in his first season in European football and the service to him was diabolical for the whole game. There were a couple of moments where his talent shone through.

Pato is what, 18 years old?......

I think his got an outstanding future ahead of him and i'm still extremely disappointed we didn't sign him.

If he goes back to Milan, we wont get hardly anything for him, if anything at all, but as long as we don't carry on paying his wages I'll be happy to see the back of him.

Oh please, don't be such a jerk.

Personally I think if we got a reasonable amount (£8m? Seems fair considering his age) and Sheva would really like to go back to Milan, then I think it's an arrangement that'd suit everyone. However, if they're not willing to spend much on him, or he's happy at Chelsea, then I'd be more than happy to see him battle his way back into the team, especially if/when Drogba leaves in the summer.

i hope we dont let them get him on the cheap. we seem to have tightened our stance on transfers lately, and i hope t continues. if they want him, then they have to pay the rate. between 8 and 14 mill sounds about right. or a straight swap for pato.

Guest Brian M

Sheva is a class act and I wish him well. He can't help it if he was past his best when he signed, and that the English game was too quick for him now can he? He always tried, to be fair to him. And - with 20-ish goals out of 60-odd matches - he's not exactly Chris Sutton now is he?

If we can get 10 million for him, I say sell him quick smart. Because otherwise we'll be paying 130,000 quid a week for a guy who only plays in the 4th round of the league cup against lower league opposition.

And what happens in the summer when we buy another top class striker? Where will that leave Sheva? A player who is already behind Drogba, Nic and Kalou in the pecking order.

So, bottom line: take the money and run, Roman. You can afford to write this one off as the little personal ego trip for you it was.

Right just to clear up my stance on this. Sheva has worked hard and tried but is no-where near our first team, and that wont change if we keep him. So we're paying massive wages for a squad player which makes about as much sense as paying £30m for him in the first place! As a result we should let him go back to Milan, wish him well and stop paying his astronomical wages.

I think the Sheva experiement was a healthy thing. Its not like the guy cost us anything but money, which Roman has plenty of. He didnt make any stupid errors and wasnt a real detriment to the team. Maybe the failure that his time here was will keep Roman out of the transfer biz for a good while. I mean, its his money, but leave it to the professionals, Rom

It was a shame too, because Sheva was practically my favorite non Chelsea player. Hopefully, going back to Milan can give him one last blaze of glory

It all depends on how much you buy into the fact that Sheva was one of the main reasons jose left. not being able to pick the players he wanted, etc (of course this is from the press) then he cost us more than money.

However, I do think that he has stayed on, struggled, faced interviews with a sense of decorum, it is all comendable.

As for pato and kaka? I doubt either or those would ever come to Chelsea, especially not in a Sheva exchange. Also it would be foolish for an aginh AC side to let two of their best/prospective players go, just to bring back an aging fan favourite

Scott