THE rumour

blueday3
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Alright Chelsea faithful. I'm not sure this has been talked about in the who do you want as manager thread, but does anyone else think it is possible for Jose to come back.

Let's just think about the facts and keep and open mind.

Jose isn't loving Milan, and they aren't loving him. Roman and Jose have made up, and Jose has said he would come back, and wants to come back to England. Hiddink is leaving in the summer, suggesting we are waiting for a different manager to finish out his season. He was in london last week just a few days before Scolari was sacked. Roman is no longer at all the games, and appears to be more hands-off, leaving Jose with more power.

The pieces are falling into place. Bring the man back, and lets get back on to winning ways.

We can hope!

I would like to see Jose come back one day but I don't even think Chelsea know what will happen at the end of the season, Hiddink may even stay?

I don't think we will go near Rijkaard or he would be in already (or even the time before)

I kinda just threw that in there to be honest. But I do know that the point tally is slowing down a bit, and yeah I have heard the press are on about he and Inter not being worthy of winning their titles and what not. He's got the Milan derby coming up on Sunday, huge match for him as Milan are gaining whilst Inter are slowing down.

Some fans (and it has to be said some of the players too) need to move on.

The club isn't going to progress until the spectre of Mourinho is removed from Stamford Bridge, which I suspect isn't going to happen until we win something again.

Found it..

Premier League - Mourinho: I'll return to Chelsea

Eurosport - Sat, 14 Feb 17:08:00 2009

Internazionale coach Jose Mourinho believes he will return to Chelsea sometime in the future.

The Portuguese won the Premier League in 2005 and 2006 with the London club, who have put Russia coach Guus Hiddink in charge until the end of the season after sacking Luiz Felipe Scolari.

"If you ask me if one day I think I will return to Chelsea, I will tell you yes I think so, I think so because we were so happy together," Mourinho said ahead Sunday's derby against AC Milan.

"But when I say one day, I am not saying to you when." Mourinho left Chelsea in September 2007 but said he was still a fan of the club.

"I am not there, I am just a supporter from the outside," he said. "I'm somebody who wishes them good because it's a special club for me, I have special friends there.

"I belong to their story, they belong to my story so I am not enjoying this period where they have had several managers in one year and a few months.

"I hope they find stability and go back to (winning) trophies."

Mourinho was succeeded by Avram Grant, who was then sacked in May 2008.

The Inter coach, whose team have a seven-point lead at the top of Serie A, said he was not surprised to see England midfielder David Beckham doing well during his loan spell at AC Milan from Los Angeles Galaxy.

"I knew in advance all the fears people had about him were not fair," said Mourinho. "I knew he was a top professional, he arrived in great condition with great ambition.

"He has adapted very well, he is playing very well. He is giving different kinds of qualities to his team and I hope he stays for the good of the league."

Reuters

Saucy..

"If you ask me if one day I think I will return to Chelsea, I will tell you yes I think so, I think so because we were so happy together," Mourinho said ahead Sunday's derby against AC Milan.

"But when I say one day, I am not saying to you when."

VERY interesting...

There's more from the same interview

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/1774...UNTS-BLUES.html

“It is not for me to say if Scolari was given enough time, but when you are at the top five or six clubs in the world you know that time is something you probably are not going to have. If you look at Real Madrid they have sacked managers that won the La Liga that season but not the Champions League. This is where modern football is, and we as managers of top clubs have to understand this.

“If you want time then Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan are not the clubs to be at. The pressure from the fans and chairman is intense, but in return you are given a world class club and the best players in the world to manage.

“If you spend a lot of money on a car you expect great things from that car. I spend a big chunk on my car and I expect it to drive well, I expect it to be comfortable and I expect it to look good.

“The same goes with Roman Abramovich. He has invested a lot and he wants results. He isn’t an unfair man but he wants return for his investment. Anybody who thinks Chelsea is a hobby for him is seriously deluded. He doesn’t just sit in the stands after games, he comes in the dressing room and interacts with the players on a one-to-one basis.

“He was very generous with me while I was at Chelsea with the players I wanted but in return I gave him two Premier League titles. Like anything in life — when you spend money on something you want to see a return. That’s not just football, it’s a basic principal of life.â€

Suggestions that Abramovich has fallen out of love with Chelsea looked short of the mark as he sat twitching, fidgeting and even nervously biting his nails alongside new Stamford Bridge boss Guus Hiddink at Vicarage Road yesterday.

The Russian tycoon was clearly going through agonies as Chelsea once again laboured to overcome lowly opposition, with Championship strugglers Watford even taking a shock 67th- minute lead through Tamas Priskin.

An FA Cup humiliation was all the mega-rich oligarch needed this week. But in the end he relaxed as a quick-fire hat-trick from Nicolas Anelka in the final 15 minutes brought Chelsea back from the brink and booked their place in the quarter finals.

Abramovich smiled and clapped — in contrast to a stern-looking Hiddink, whose face barely budged all day.

Gifted

Scolari’s fate was sealed when he blamed a lack of “special†players for the club’s poor recent form. Mourinho is aghast at such a claim.

“Don’t tell me they are not special. They are players I had and they are some of the most special players and people in world football,†he said. “They are some of the most talented players I have ever worked with.

“If you look at somebody like Ricky Carvalho he is so gifted I took him from Porto with me to Chelsea. You look at the squad and I ask myself is there a better central defender pairing than Ricky and John Terry? Is there a better striker in the world than Didier Drogba on his day? Is there a better box-to-box midfield player than Frank Lampard?

"If the answer is yes there are not many. It is the same squad of players that have won two Premier League titles, and it is the same squad of players that lost the Champions League Final by a one penalty kick.â€

While Mourinho plots a path to his first Serie A title with Inter Milan, he’ll have one eye at events at his former club, where he believes Guus Hiddink can still salvage the season.

Title

“He is one of the world’s best managers and he is coming in at a time where he can only really improve the results and the morale of the team,†he said.

“He looks like a manager who will command respect and is a football man through and through. They are not out of the PremierLeague race but Manchester United look excellent and I expect Sir Alex Ferguson to add another title to his cabinet this season.

“Chelsea can still win a cup though, and I said at the start of the season that there are six or seven clubs that can win the Champions League. Chelsea are very much one of them. Will doing two jobs be hard? Yes, I am sure it will. I am not sure how you could monitor players in Russia when you are in London, but make no mistake — Chelsea have got a winner in him and he needs to start winning from day one.â€

If he doesn’t, the eternal shadow of Jose will claim another scalp.