Defoe

yogic
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Surprised there isn't a Defoe rumor. Pompey have agreed to listen to offers for him and we're apparently looking for a striker.

Would anyone want him here?

ive always been unsure about defoe, hes very much a streak striker. im not sure hes much different to anelka to be honest.

Supposedly Redknapp wants him at Spuds. How much money does that team have to waste? Jesus

If we had a fit Drogba with the right attitude for the next 5 years, I would love nothing more than to pair him with a nimble little poacher like Defoe. But being that we almost certainly wont, I would say no

I see Defoe as no more than a decent club player who is totally out of his depth at international football and top flight European football.

I actually think of Defoe a little like I think of Anelka. Looks good in an average side but gets found out when the going gets tough.

I see Defoe as no more than a decent club player who is totally out of his depth at international football and top flight European football.

I actually think of Defoe a little like I think of Anelka. Looks good in an average side but gets found out when the going gets tough.

oh no loz, you thought the same as me. thats worrying for you, id go see a doctor if i was you...

abit off topic but man u dont seem to be in any rush to give Tevez a new deal, and if were looking for a wide/central forward player he more than fits the bill imo??

now i might be reading more into this than there is, but i just saw fergie in an interview say that the 2 serbians will be the last business they do in january. if thats right then tevez wont be signing anytime soon. worth a cheeky punt?

now i might be reading more into this than there is, but i just saw fergie in an interview say that the 2 serbians will be the last business they do in january. if thats right then tevez wont be signing anytime soon. worth a cheeky punt?

Definitely a possibility but probably not until the summer. It is all a little complicated with the third party ownership and I don't think he can be sold during his loan deal without consent from United. There is no way they would let him join us mid-season but not much they could do if the loan was up. We should certainly register an interest with his owners.

Apparently Man U are going to try and make the deal permanent in the next few days. SSN said Man U are going to have to pay £32 million!

Source

Edited by Ruh Buh Juh

I have heard the same fee bandied about many times. I know Tevez is a great player, but jesus christ! 32 million is alot of money.

Considering they just plonked 31 on Berbatov, I would think they would be smart to walk away from a permanent Tevez deal and find a replacement for about half that price. Let Inter and Madrid fight over him, because im sure one of those two will pay that silly money

Tevez is actually a player well worth of them J32 million. He is a truly fantastic striker and I was very disappointed that we didn't get him before Manure. They won't let him go, though. He's been fantastic for them and I can't see them losing him.

Not to go completely off topic, I am with Loz on Defoe. Big fish in a small pond, he is nowhere near good enough to be a part of our team. He will most likely go to another mid-table favourite, most probably back to Harry Redknapp in Tottenham.

Tevez is actually a player well worth of them J32 million. He is a truly fantastic striker and I was very disappointed that we didn't get him before Manure. They won't let him go, though. He's been fantastic for them and I can't see them losing him.

Not to go completely off topic, I am with Loz on Defoe. Big fish in a small pond, he is nowhere near good enough to be a part of our team. He will most likely go to another mid-table favourite, most probably back to Harry Redknapp in Tottenham.

I especially can't see Defoe happening if we are truely keeping the purse strings tight. He won't be cheap.

Defoe should NEVER play for Chelsea - he's a Spuds & Wet Spam reject, and as such, he would soil the sacred Royal Blue.

Owen should NEVER play for Chelsea - he's a stunted little scouse c*nt, injury prone, and a nauseating little w**ker - I hate him so much it hurts.

We should sign someone like Steve Fletcher from Hibs - good young promising striker, and cheap (compared to those other w*nkers).

If we signed Fletcher whilst we have Di Santo in the squad I would be disgusted. Fletcher doesn't have half the talent Di Santo appears to potentially have and so I see no value in bringing someone like that in when we haven't given Di Santo a decent chance yet.

If we signed Fletcher whilst we have Di Santo in the squad I would be disgusted. Fletcher doesn't have half the talent Di Santo appears to potentially have and so I see no value in bringing someone like that in when we haven't given Di Santo a decent chance yet.

I'd bring Fletcher in to play alongside di Santo, not instead of him. I can't see Drogba staying at Chelsea much longer, so that would leave us with Anelka, di Santo & Fletcher as our attacking options - I'd be happy with that, especially as two of them are still pretty young.

Owen should NEVER play for Chelsea - he's a stunted little scouse c*nt, injury prone, and a nauseating little w**ker - I hate him so much it hurts.

As much as I hate the Dippers and everything Scouse (f**king Beatles...), I think Owen is one of the good'uns. He works hard and is a damn good player without being a cheating little c**t like Stevie GBH or Carjacker...

I'd bring Fletcher in to play alongside di Santo, not instead of him. I can't see Drogba staying at Chelsea much longer, so that would leave us with Anelka, di Santo & Fletcher as our attacking options - I'd be happy with that, especially as two of them are still pretty young.

watching fletcher on setanta now and must say im pretty impressed. bug strong bugger with a bit of pace and gets about the pitch. hes had a couple of chances but no decent ones.

watching fletcher on setanta now and must say im pretty impressed. bug strong bugger with a bit of pace and gets about the pitch. hes had a couple of chances but no decent ones.

How is Makalamby playing? He has had some great games for Hibs but also let in a few howlers.

How is Makalamby playing? He has had some great games for Hibs but also let in a few howlers.

not really had much to do either. flapped at a couple of crosses as usual but fairly solid. been a frantic game but not many clear chances, though hearts did hit the bar from a corner.