Cole seeks talks with Scolari

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Yes, but in both the last two matches he's been one of our brightest players, and the opposition have gone on to equalise shortly after! I'm not saying he would of made a difference, but he probably looks at it and thinks "what if" and so do I, what if Joe had helped us grab a killer goal in the final minutes of the last two matches?

I suspect it may be a build up for Joe - his substitution has been Scolari's standard tactic for the entire season but in addition to that he has probably been our most subbed off player for the past four seasons. Maybe he has finally had enough of it, especially when he can look around him and see other players regularly playing worse than he is (although Joe has not been great either so far this seaosn)

I can’t see there is a lot in this to be honest. As others have pointed out, Joe’s form has hardly been great this season, but that said, he has probably still been one of our best creative players and most of our better performances have all coincided with when Joe has had a decent game.. The trouble is, Joe has always lacked the stamina of a Lamps / Essien / Ballack, so he is the easy choice when it comes to making a change and on many occasions he appears to be knackered. But then there are occasions where he probably feels he could stay on and when he is playing really well, (the 4-4 against Spurs last season and the two most recent matches) and he probably is getting fed up with seeing the number 10 lit up on the subs board.

Scolari must know that JC is one of the players he can ill afford to lose and I’m sure they will sort this out.

Where the f..k do Spurs get all that money ?

Haven't won anything big in years, nowhere near the CL and yet they keep spending big. A big stadium obviously helps but how do they keep getting away with being sh*t year after year and still splashing the cash?

Played in the correct position, Joe can shine, tip of the diamond (against WBA althought they're pony it was probably his best game played in a position he's born for*** - Joe is not a winger he was born to be a stereo-typical no 10)

Saying that, he has become the show pony he was at WH and had his best form for CFC under Jose who knew how to get the best out of him, and an end product!!

Tricks and flick do not win games, unless you're already a couple of goals up with a few mins to go!

In Jose's squad he competed for a place againstr Duff and Robben, in the current climate he's competing against Malouda, Kalou or an out of form Deco, do you think he is as motivated as he was then.

*** correction, his best game was Spurs away last season which we drew 4 al once he was subbed - but I think he had the bit between his teeth to prove he was worth his place.

He is currently worth his place by default because we've nothing better, but his performances are not really setting the world alight at the moment are they.

We need to get the best from JC, and that's down to the current manager!

Edited by BLUENUT

Bluenut

I hate keep disagreeing with everyone but I must just put my opposing view in on this as I think you are making Scolari a scapegoat for Joes lack of Form.

Mourinho played Joe in the same position often and he done ok,

The fact that Deco, Malouda and Kalou are playing badly shouldn't give Joe less motivation it should make him tie down his place,

the fact he isn't doing that is not down to Scolari as far as I can see.

We all know Joe is not an out and out Winger and I like to see him at the tip of a Diamond but he has played that position to good effect on loads of occasions on either side.

other players are playing better under Scolari and I dont mean the spanish speaking ones,

Ashley Cole, Mikel both improved.

He has had a drop in form and that happens.

JC has been injured a lot in the last two years. He does his best work for us out wide and cutting in. A few goals from him wouldn't go astray. He should have had a good combination with boss boy but it hasn't worked out that well so far. Nevertheless we need him.

CFC has sold quite a lot of players now and not buying too many.

Where the f..k do Spurs get all that money ?

Haven't won anything big in years, nowhere near the CL and yet they keep spending big. A big stadium obviously helps but how do they keep getting away with being sh*t year after year and still splashing the cash?

I think they've got someone on their board who made fourth or fifth in the most recent football rich list.