Corner / Deadball watch ....

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It looked like Alex had no clue about who he should mark.

That is because he isn't supposed to mark anyone.

You find me a manger who thinks zonal marking is a good idea for corners and I will show you a Brazilian with a dodgy tache then struggle to find another - it is idiotic.

First free kick of the second half to them and they get a man clear in the middle of the box who thankfully glances his header wide. Everyone clpas, and then looks around as if to say "thank god, I though he was your guy!"

You find me a manger who thinks zonal marking is a good idea for corners and I will show you a Brazilian with a dodgy tache then struggle to find another - it is idiotic.

I actually thinks it's kinda good on two conditions:

1. The players have to know exactly what to do and know how to do it.

2. You also use man marking when it comes to big threats. In other words; pick up the big threats and use zonal marking for the rest.

Yeah, but Moos by all accounts the big threats are not being picked up. It sounded as if the players were simply static in their assigned roles, rather than actually following the ball

The "zonal" people in that system should be in three zones: left post, right post, and top of the box. That is it

Benitez...But what ever kind of Tache you've got, I don't wanna look at any waxed areas of your body ;)

Yeah, but Moos by all accounts the big threats are not being picked up. It sounded as if the players were simply static in their assigned roles, rather than actually following the ball

The "zonal" people in that system should be in three zones: left post, right post, and top of the box. That is it

True. And the fact that JT nowadays doesn't seem to be able to man mark a 80 year old man in a wheelchair doesn't exactly help.

Wouldn't it be better if we just place all 11 players in front of goal, creating a wall? Surely we should let in fewer goals then. :rolleyes:

Stoke is going to be fun.

;) If they have any sense they will play from the wings. Chelsea offer so much free space at their box that it would be madness not to exploit it.

Seriously though. I would play Bosingwa on the wing and Ivanovic as fullback now that Joey is out the picture(probably)

We were positioned like traffic cones, and about as mobile. Shocking defending, shocking!

:D

Gotta agree with you there. Watching the boys form а phalanx around goal was pretty reminiscent of said traffic tools.

God, I hope Scolari figures it out. Damn Delap and his "crosses".