Awesome fans at Southend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

superb support and funny too...loved the 'it's so foggy, it's so foggy, it's so foggy...call it off' chant when we were 1-0 down...i'm sure other teams' fans would have been on the back of their players considering the embarassement at going behind to a league one side and the poor form of late...but we kept having a good time anyway...last night was a real reminder of the old days, seeing the team play in basic old stadium and on the verge of a cup shock...happy they came through though!

Tremendous away support seems to be a constant theme this season.

Would I be wrong in saying that, over the last few years, it has suffered like the home atmosphere? It occurs to me that an away game would be my best bet for seeing my first Chelsea match in the UK

No you should go to the Bridge for a game, a number of reasons.

1) if you haven't been and you're a Chelsea fan it's a must - it's our home!

2) you've got more chance of getting tickets for home games.

3) you should leave the away games for those that go regularly and create that special away atmosphere by knowing each other, knowing the club and knowing how to support them the old school way.

Would I be wrong in saying that, over the last few years, it has suffered like the home atmosphere? It occurs to me that an away game would be my best bet for seeing my first Chelsea match in the UK

dont know how to put a link up :D but look on youtube, stoke away looked fantastic all the boys there B)

dont know how to put a link up :D but look on youtube, stoke away looked fantastic all the boys there B)

was speaking to my mate yesterday who was at boro away and he said it was the best away game hes been too. apparently at half time the usual songs were going round when they got to bouncy bouncy the whole place went mental and there was beer flying everywhere. the annoying thing is i was supposed to be going to the game with him but it clashed with my stag night...

Edited by dkw

was speaking to my mate yesterday who was at boro away and he said it was the best away game hes been too. apparently at half time the usual songs were going round when they got to bouncy bouncy the whole place went mental and there was beer flying everywhere. the annoying thing is i was supposed to be going to the game with him but it clashed with my stag night...
the first time i heard the bouncy, was semi final v blackburn at old trafford, walked in the trafford arms with me daughter, and got knocked flying :D i thought it was a fight going on, it was magic, not just saying it because im CHELSEA,, but the fans are magic, sounds strange but i love the boozers before the game more then the game B)

Chelsea's away support has always been more vocal and vociferous than at home games. These days this is mainly due to the fact that most of the fans who go to away games are 'real' fans rather than the newbie brigade we get at the Bridge, plus of course away fans all sit in the same area of the ground and for both these reasons it's much easier to get the songs going.

The same was true in the 70's & 80's, and was partly due to the greyhound track surrounding the pitch at Stamford Bridge, it felt like we were miles from the players. But we'd take thousands to away games all over the country, I reckon we were second only to Manure for away support in those days - had some really great times back then [sigh] :drinkdrunk: :D B)

What was all of that about? I'm not sure why everyone hates Ash so much, he's no where near as bad as some other players who get no stick at all, or worse, get applauded by the opposition in the case of Steven 'complete f**king c**t' Gerro