Mute Button Appreciation

Gem
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Silly me, I tuned into the Scouse derby tonight hoping not to bring up the dinner I just had. But no, we are of course watching Liverpool, the gushiness is enough to make even the Valentine greeting cards seem cold.

Gerrard goes off injured "look at the Everton fans, it's like they've scored a goal" - er, no. How about their cheering coz they can't stand the c**t? I know I would be. Not because he's great Stevens of Slumsville but because he's injured ha ha ha ha. Amusing. Before that it was talk of Torres going off - "the good news for Liverpool fans it's that it's not Torres, the terrible news is that it's Gerrard!" How? They've got Alonso to dive and get others sent off.

Then, Cahill jumps for the ball and Carjacker gets a foul. Now... It seriously didn't look like he used his elbow to ME. There wasn't any visible force and his eyes were on the ball, but the commentators? "oh look at that!" as in look at the clear elbow used against Carjacker of Scumsville. f**king joke! Not even a foul anyway.

At this point I was on my last straw, then I hear "good to see good sportsmanship from Carragher".

I hit mute. What a wonderful idea of a button.

Come on Everton!

Edited by Gem

Haha I know what you mean Jack, they just showed Rafa looking shocked that Lucas was sent off. Shoe, other foot and all that. The amount of dodgy red cards oppersition players have got, about time they got one too.

Liverpool fans throwing socks, bet nothing is done about it, it won't even be mentioned. Never mind those socks could be filled with coins or rocks... No, it's a local derby and Liverpool so all done in good jest. Let's just give Liverpool a pass into the next round, those loveable scallywags.

Skertal is about as scary as a dying flapping fish on the floor.

There was nothing dodgy about that ending of Gem - it was a clear 2nd yellow. Up until that point I was wondering how on earth Everton had so many more bookings than Liverpool as there were a number of challenges by Liverpool players that just got a ticking off when they should have had more.

Exactly Loz, but you look at Rafa's reaction and the hypocrisy is oooozing out him. I didn't see the sending off, but I knew it had to be pretty serious because as you said, they just get a ticking off when they should at least get booked.

Edited by Gem

Quote of the night:

"van der Meyde (with the ball)... I have forgotten he was on the pitch. "

"Mind you, you might have forgotten he was in the club."

and just as I was writing this, Everton score. Congratulations to the better side of Mersey.

Brilliant. Totally deserved, by far the better team. Great night for Gosling, nice to see Cahill giving him the match ball, really like him, got a leap on him like no other.

In a more Gem style - f**kING GET IN!! BACK TO YOUR LIVERPOOL SLUMS YOU SCOUSE c**tS!!

Yaaay

Anyone who think we should be wary about selecting youngsters due to their lack of experience should watch that game and see how sometime a little faith goes a long way. Granted Moyes is almost forced to turn to kids due to having a smaller squad however the bottom line is that tonight, in a Merseyside derby, in the FA Cup two kids (Gosling and Rodwell) came off the bench with 40 and 30 minutes, respectively, left and were superb.

The sad thing about it is that Liverpool have played Everton three times in recent weeks. Two draws and a defeat against a team that has some quality but is largely built around organisation, discipline, hard work, the best set piece taker in the league and the possibly the finest header of a ball in the league. We, on the other hand, were always second best against them despite the fact that they played poorly as well.

The sad thing about it is that Liverpool have played Everton three times in recent weeks. Two draws and a defeat against a team that has some quality but is largely built around organisation, discipline, hard work, the best set piece taker in the league and the possibly the finest header of a ball in the league. We, on the other hand, were always second best against them despite the fact that they played poorly as well.

makes yer feel sick dont it

Jagielka was superb for Everton, well deserved on the night, must be great being in Moyes position as a manager where the Job's safe pretty much whatever..gives him the luxury of playing the Youngsters without the fear of a couple of losses costing him his Job.

Gosling looks a good little player, very calm under pressure for his years.

Silly me, I tuned into the Scouse derby tonight hoping not to bring up the dinner I just had. But no, we are of course watching Liverpool, the gushiness is enough to make even the Valentine greeting cards seem cold.

Gerrard goes off injured "look at the Everton fans, it's like they've scored a goal" - er, no. How about their cheering coz they can't stand the c**t? I know I would be. Not because he's great Stevens of Slumsville but because he's injured ha ha ha ha. Amusing. Before that it was talk of Torres going off - "the good news for Liverpool fans it's that it's not Torres, the terrible news is that it's Gerrard!" How? They've got Alonso to dive and get others sent off.

Then, Cahill jumps for the ball and Carjacker gets a foul. Now... It seriously didn't look like he used his elbow to ME. There wasn't any visible force and his eyes were on the ball, but the commentators? "oh look at that!" as in look at the clear elbow used against Carjacker of Scumsville. f**king joke! Not even a foul anyway.

At this point I was on my last straw, then I hear "good to see good sportsmanship from Carragher".

I hit mute. What a wonderful idea of a button.

Come on Everton!

Gem, its been a while since a good anti-Stevens rant from you, so it was well appreciated :lol: Especially loved "the great Stevens of Slumsville". I smell a peerage!

Also, from the number of threads here, I am glad to see there is some rampant anti-dipperism to make me seem more normal :lol:

Couldnt agree more. Our squad seemed disinterested and tired, as if they were chasing the game from minute one. A competent manager like Moyes with a team of very good players and battlers like they have at Goodison hopefully sends a message to the people running the club here.

They lost their way when they started chasing Ballacks, Shevas and Decos. But to be a great team, you need those guys who are going to get in the trenches and work their balls off because they just want to keep their place. We had that in Tiago, Eidur, Duff and Jarosik. Man Utd have it now in Fletcher, Park and Brown, etc. To have a few guys in our squad like Cahill and Jagielka who are all heart might do alot to make some of the regulars start putting in the effort they are capable of.

must be great being in Moyes position as a manager where the Job's safe pretty much whatever..gives him the luxury of playing the Youngsters without the fear of a couple of losses costing him his Job.

Our tyrannical owner must be going soft then - last time I looked we had already lost 4, drawn 6, been knocked out of the league cup by lower league opposition, scraped over the line in the champions league and taken to a replay by lower league opposition in the FA Cup. Those steady eddies experienced heads are certainly relieving the stress of the sack aren't they!! :D

I did say that Moyes was in a different position, all my point was though that it proves (again) that we shouldn't be so scared of giving the younger players a decent amount of playing time.

Totally agree, Arteta and Cahill are fine examples of quality players but who don't mind getting stuck in and doing their bit for the team. Really like and rate both of them.

As for the bit about us... eh... I know what you mean, it is kinda sad, but just prooves that Liverpool players can up their game against the bigger clubs but lack the passion for a derby, where as Everton know what its all about.

Didn'y get to see much of it, but here's a selection of the famous scouse wit and wisdom from the self-pity-city forum

the ref won it for them

Liverpool are very unhappy about something

Lucky bar stewards. f**king deflection

We've been well and truly robbed

ooo well the league it is then

oh and now we attack....too late rafa you played for the pens

f**king inbreds

RAFAS CRACKING UP! HE SHOULDNT HAVE SOLD KEANE

Ah well, its not like they beat us fair and square. 12 men to 10.

Oh well....let them have this. Lets march on in the league.

A draw at Portsmouth would be an extremely creditable result under the circumstances

Ah well. AET against 10 men, not a real victory

Phew ref....that was close eh mate..... Job done, you cheating twat

They took their time to score against 10 men

Don't ya just love the even-handed self-deluding scallywags?

Didn'y get to see much of it, but here's a selection of the famous scouse wit and wisdom from the self-pity-city forum

Don't ya just love the even-handed self-deluding scallywags?

yorkey, I am amazed - everytime I visit this forum in particular, they express themselves like that. Do these folks speak English beyond the 15 words they use ?I am Bulgarian and I know English better than they seem to.

There is no sensible analysis, no reasoning, no depth of opinion, hell, not even an attempt at it. What is the point of such senseless babble ?